[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

GingerHunter797 wrote:Can someone tell me what this error means???

17:36:29 ERROR[ServerThread]: LuaEntity name "mobs:sheep" not defined

This happens with all the mobs, not just sheep! Also in place of the mobs there is a purple square. This is REALLY annoying and I would REALLY REALLY like to have monsters in Minetest!

Please Help!!!
I guess you disabled simple mods and enabled MOB framework?

When you disable a mod, the existing nodes (here entity/object) will become unknown objects and unknown nodes.

You can hit the unknown objects to remove them. I think there's also something like 'clear objects' to remove obsolete objects. You can search it using search. I've never tried that, so don't know how (efficient) that works.

GingerHunter797
In-game: GingerHunter797

by GingerHunter797 » Post

Well... I got it to work... sorta....

I dont much like this mod. The mobs look weird. And this mod has got more glitches than a 2 dollar whore!

I just hope that when Minetest does get mobs(hopefully soon) they are a lot better.
http://i.imgur.com/gqXXUaI.png

3DS Friend Code: 2122-7173-2797
Add me as a friend! :D

Want to play a fun game? http://voxelands.com/

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

MOBF won't load with the newest Minetest update:
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: /home/myname/.minetest/mods/animals/animal_wolf/init.lua:
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: ...etest/mods/animals/mobf/spawn_algorithms/forrest.lua:59: attempt to concatenate global 'mob_name' (a nil value)
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: ...etest/mods/animals/mobf/spawn_algorithms/forrest.lua:59: in function 'initialize_spawning'
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: ...home/myname/.minetest/mods/animals/mobf/spawning.lua:913: in function 'setup_algorithm'
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: ...home/myname/.minetest/mods/animals/mobf/spawning.lua:1022: in function 'register_mob'
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: /home/myname/.minetest/mods/animals/mobf/api.lua:123: in function 'mobf_add_mob'
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: ...e/myname/.minetest/mods/animals/animal_wolf/init.lua:257: in main chunk
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/myname/.minetest/mods/animals/animal_wolf/init.lua
20:09:29: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/myname/.minetest/mods/animals/animal_wolf/init.lua
It's probably obvious but I'm running Linux (Ubuntu). Something changed in the most recent update of Minetest that isn't letting this mod run. It's been having trouble lately anyway with animals de-spawning. Here's hopin' the mod developers come-up with a fix, 'cause I'd really hate to have to remove this mod.

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

GingerHunter797 wrote:Can someone tell me what this error means???

17:36:29 ERROR[ServerThread]: LuaEntity name "mobs:sheep" not defined

This happens with all the mobs, not just sheep! Also in place of the mobs there is a purple square. This is REALLY annoying and I would REALLY REALLY like to have monsters in Minetest!

Please Help!!!
mobs is pilz adam's siple mobs it should say animals_(animal) if it was this mod

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

How do I set the mobs to be 2d? Thanks in advance!

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Jouster27 what version of minetest and mobf did you install?

GingerHunter797 can you give more information about the glitches you're talking about? They can't be fixed if no one ever tells ;-P. BTW ALL issues you reported where not related to mobf but plain install issues.

Rhys enter /mobf in chat and select "Disable 3D mobs" in settings tab. 2D mode isn't tested very well and some mobs don't have 2d support. If you find bugs plz report!

@Neuromancer,Mossmanikin
I've just added bobber support to fish_blue_white in current development tree. This should be enough to make fishing mod integration possible.

BIG FAT WARNING current development tree 2.3 changes entitiy names and format . You won't be able to switch back to a old mobf version so don't use it on production worlds by now!

EDIT1:
https://github.com/sapier/animals_modpack/wiki/Hunger may be interesting to add fishing support
Last edited by sapier on Tue Oct 15, 2013 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

sapier wrote:Jouster27 what version of minetest and mobf did you install?

GingerHunter797 can you give more information about the glitches you're talking about? They can't be fixed if no one ever tells ;-P. BTW ALL issues you reported where not related to mobf but plain install issues.

Rhys enter /mobf in chat and select "Disable 3D mobs" in settings tab. 2D mode isn't tested very well and some mobs don't have 2d support. If you find bugs plz report!

@Neuromancer,Mossmanikin
I've just added bobber support to fish_blue_white in current development tree. This should be enough to make fishing mod integration possible.

BIG FAT WARNING current development tree 2.3 changes entitiy names and format . You won't be able to switch back to a old mobf version so don't use it on production worlds by now!

EDIT1:
https://github.com/sapier/animals_modpack/wiki/Hunger may be interesting to add fishing support
Ill test out later, thanks.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

sapier wrote:Jouster27 what version of minetest and mobf did you install?
Dunno what version of mobf it is. Does it say in the mod itself?

As to Minetest, I'm using 0.4.7-dev.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Yes mobf version is shown in mobf settings. You open those settings by writing /mobf or /mobf_settings. Later one is for old versions (but still supported on new versions)

EDIT1:
I've just started a simple tutorial how to create a mob

https://github.com/sapier/animals_modpa ... n-tutorial

Any comment is welcome!
Last edited by sapier on Wed Oct 16, 2013 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

I typed /mobf with the latest mobf installed, and this is what it gave me:

A blank menu. :/

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

So I tried with 1.4.6 this time, with mobf settings installed, and all the gender slimes, tamed wolf, and wolf don't have a 2d Mode.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Anyone interested in creating wolf and slime 2d textures?

I'll have look whats wrong with menu. did you install 2.2.1 or 2.2.0?
The settings menu depends on user privileges if you didn't run singleplayer.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

sapier wrote:Yes mobf version is shown in mobf settings. You open those settings by writing /mobf or /mobf_settings. Later one is for old versions (but still supported on new versions)

EDIT1:
I've just started a simple tutorial how to create a mob

https://github.com/sapier/animals_modpa ... n-tutorial

Any comment is welcome!

Very good!

p.s. You use both my_new_mob and new_mob. I think it would be easier if you choose to use only one of them. Or will that give coding problems?

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

sapier wrote:Anyone interested in creating wolf and slime 2d textures?

I'll have look whats wrong with menu. did you install 2.2.1 or 2.2.0?
The settings menu depends on user privileges if you didn't run singleplayer.
I did run singleplayer, and I runned 2.2.0 before. I will use 1.4.6 for the time being, since I like the dungeons being on the grass. DONT ASK ME WHY LOL.
Last edited by Rhys on Thu Oct 17, 2013 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Rhys do you use latest stable minetest build? If you do current mobf won't work.

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

sapier wrote:Rhys do you use latest stable minetest build? If you do current mobf won't work.
I got 0.4.7 from the Minetest Website, so no.

Here is a list of mobs that don't work/have a messed up sprite from 1.4.6. :)

Last edited by Rhys on Fri Oct 18, 2013 07:01, edited 1 time in total.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

No there isn't and 1.4.6 is quite outdated.

Ok 0.4.7 is current stable this explains why current mobf doesn't work for you. Sadly stable is quite old by now.

If you can't compile yourself you could try 2.2 but replace mobf_settings by mobf_settings from 2.1 ... sorry it's not as comforable I'd wish to be but with 0.4.8 delayed that long I couldn't suspend mobf development any longer.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

sapier wrote:Yes mobf version is shown in mobf settings. You open those settings by writing /mobf or /mobf_settings. Later one is for old versions (but still supported on new versions)
Minetest: 0.4.7-dev
Mobf: 2.2.0

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Jouster I had a closer look at your error message, stable doesn't have any matching code you're obviously using a development version of mobf.
Thanks for your bug report I fixed it in 2.3 development branch.

If you don't want to do beta testing you should use official release 2.2.1
Last edited by sapier on Fri Oct 18, 2013 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

viv100

by viv100 » Post

you should make slime, Enderman, the slenderman, pigs, cats, and horses ... champingnons for the mod is better.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

viv100 wrote:you should make slime, Enderman, the slenderman, pigs, cats, and horses ... champingnons for the mod is better.
Personally, I'm not lookin' for an MC clone so I'm fine with the choices in this mod. Horses might be cool but I'm pretty sure this mod already has slimes, though.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting errors after updating to the dev version. I'm starting to think maybe an alias in another mod is causing the issue, though.
Last edited by Jouster27 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

viv100

by viv100 » Post

horse would be nice but I think the pig and slime. (would not it be nice to have slenderman and spiders would be a bit more of a survival mod) I'd like to see a mod that could mushroom too.
Could you find a mod on which camera

viv100

by viv100 » Post

although there would be a mod gun to kill animals

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

viv100 wrote: horse would be nice
Lern how to use Blender and do a model of a horse! Or perhaps rather that of a donkey. They're smaller than horses. And smaller animals can move better in the MT world than huge ones. Their movements also look more convincing (see chicken vs sheep vs cow). Donkeys, goats, squirrels, rabbits...all that would be great!
A list of my mods can be found here.

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

The new dev version where the blue white fish are attracted to bobbers, and the new Mossmanikin's fishing where you catch them when they are around is pretty cool. The biggest problem is that while other animals spawn, I haven't had any fish spawn for me in the dev version. I have to pull them out of creative inventory every time. Is this a bug in the dev version or do I just need to wait a while longer for them to spawn than for other animals?