[Mod] Trash Can [0.2.3] [trash_can]

User avatar
webdesigner97
Member
Posts: 1327
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 19:16
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97
Location: Cologne, Germany
Contact:

by webdesigner97 » Post

Sokomine wrote:If it flickers, it usually help to check if the coordinates are not mixed - that is, if e.g. all values from the second point are larger than that of the first - for each nodebox.
They always have to be like

{lowest x, lowest y, lowest z, highest x, highest y, highest z}

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:
Sokomine wrote:If it flickers, it usually help to check if the coordinates are not mixed - that is, if e.g. all values from the second point are larger than that of the first - for each nodebox.
They always have to be like

{lowest x, lowest y, lowest z, highest x, highest y, highest z}
Glitchy as in you can walk through one side of it.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
webdesigner97
Member
Posts: 1327
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 19:16
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97
Location: Cologne, Germany
Contact:

by webdesigner97 » Post

Evergreen wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:
Sokomine wrote:If it flickers, it usually help to check if the coordinates are not mixed - that is, if e.g. all values from the second point are larger than that of the first - for each nodebox.
They always have to be like

{lowest x, lowest y, lowest z, highest x, highest y, highest z}
Glitchy as in you can walk through one side of it.
Yep, I had that too. Just sort the numbers in the correct way we explained ;)

User avatar
Mossmanikin
Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 16:26
Location: where we don't speak english.

by Mossmanikin » Post

Evergreen wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:Wow, it's a great mod! And when you add the dumpster, it's awesome!
Thank you! I might go ahead and try to include it. The model is kind of glitchy though, so any help would be appreciated.
What exactly do you mean by glitchy?
I tested the model (the one on Dumpster.png) and I couldn't find anything...
Or do you mean the missing line:

Code: Select all

paramtype2 = "facedir",
?
I'd love to help to improve the model if you can tell me what's wrong with it.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

Mossmanikin wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:Wow, it's a great mod! And when you add the dumpster, it's awesome!
Thank you! I might go ahead and try to include it. The model is kind of glitchy though, so any help would be appreciated.
What exactly do you mean by glitchy?
I tested the model (the one on Dumpster.png) and I couldn't find anything...
Or do you mean the missing line:

Code: Select all

paramtype2 = "facedir",
?
I'd love to help to improve the model if you can tell me what's wrong with it.
It isn't anything with the model, I do have facedir enabled, but fro some reason you can clip through one side of it. Also, since it is one large nodebox, the model tends to clip through things as well.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
Mossmanikin
Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 16:26
Location: where we don't speak english.

by Mossmanikin » Post

Evergreen wrote:It isn't anything with the model, I do have facedir enabled, but fro some reason you can clip through one side of it. Also, since it is one large nodebox, the model tends to clip through things as well.
Ah! Now I see what you mean. Just checked it and have the same problem. Didn't notice it until now.

Don't know how to fix this yet, but may it could be done in a similar way like the doors work...

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

Mossmanikin wrote:
Evergreen wrote:It isn't anything with the model, I do have facedir enabled, but fro some reason you can clip through one side of it. Also, since it is one large nodebox, the model tends to clip through things as well.
Ah! Now I see what you mean. Just checked it and have the same problem. Didn't notice it until now.

Don't know how to fix this yet, but may it could be done in a similar way like the doors work...
I thought it could. The reason I haven't added it yet is because there are too many glitches to make the cut. I might make a new branch for it though.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
Mossmanikin
Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 16:26
Location: where we don't speak english.

by Mossmanikin » Post

I found a different way to (more or less) fix the problem.
I added an invisible collision block.
The solution isn't perfect, but it kinda works.

If you wanna take a closer look at the code: dumpster_test_bug_fix.zip
Last edited by Mossmanikin on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

User avatar
2001breese@gmail.com
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:14

by 2001breese@gmail.com » Post

what is that mod

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

2001breese@gmail.com wrote:what is that mod
Please be more specific, what do you mean "what is that mod"?
Back from the dead!

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

Updates!
+ Spoiler
The dumpster's nodebox is a bit glitchy, so pull requests are welcome.
Last edited by Evergreen on Sat Aug 24, 2013 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
Posts: 1745
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi
Location: United States

by philipbenr » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:Wow, it's a great mod! And when you add the dumpster, it's awesome!
especially for his modern streets mod. :)

ch98
Member
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Post

maybe turn this in to recycle box so everything ever trashed in trash can will automatically go to an inventory of one special node placed near spawn, so there will not be an shortage of materials.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

ch98 wrote:maybe turn this in to recycle box so everything ever trashed in trash can will automatically go to an inventory of one special node placed near spawn, so there will not be an shortage of materials.
I may add that as another kind of node, not sure how to do it though.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
Posts: 1745
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi
Location: United States

by philipbenr » Post

ch98 wrote:maybe turn this in to recycle box so everything ever trashed in trash can will automatically go to an inventory of one special node placed near spawn, so there will not be an shortage of materials.
Reverse crafting? like if you bake a piece of clay into a brick, and you stick that brick into the recycling bin, it will turn back into a lump of clay? or what did you mean?

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

I think I'll take the idea from MumboJumbo (he is a british minecraft youtuber, he makes cool things with redstone), and make a recycling bin that empties itself every sunset/sunrise, but anyone can take stuff out of it.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
Achilles
Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:55
In-game: Achilles
Location: Excuse Me???? -_-

by Achilles » Post

Wow this is an awesome mod...
...for the recycling bin that empties out itself at the end of the day, you could make it like an unlocked chest except that nobody other than yourself can put anything into it.
Is it possible to also make a couple of different bins with different uses.

Bin Type 1: A normal bin that pulverizes the objects put into it.

Bin Type 2: A recycling bin that only you can put stuff into, and that when you put objects into it allows users to take objects from the bin.

Bin Type 3: A public recycling bin that everyone can put objects into, but otherwise is the same as the above.
Last edited by Achilles on Thu Feb 20, 2014 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

User avatar
heavy gale
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 18:37
GitHub: heavygale
IRC: heavygale
In-game: Max or heavygale
Location: Germany
Contact:

by heavy gale » Post

Nice mod thanks!

Just two little things:
- Everybody can hear the "Empty Trash" sound, no matter how far I'm away when pressing the button.
- When trowing things into the trash using "q" it doesn't appear in the trash's inventory.

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
GitHub: BrunoMine
Location: SP-Brasil
Contact:

by BrunoMine » Post

I threw an item on the bucket and incredibly disappeared.
Great mod!
I believe that I can use it on a server, it is very useful to keep the city clean.
heavy gale wrote:- Everybody can hear the "Empty Trash" sound, no matter how far I'm away when pressing the button.
OOHH! I can not use on a server
heavy gale wrote:- When trowing things into the trash using "q" it doesn't appear in the trash's inventory.
Do not care about that (but maybe important for beginners)

I have an idea!
create a large iron trash with the lid open for ease!(the item hits the lid and falls into the trash)
I really liked it!
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

User avatar
lightonflux
Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 07:22
In-game: lof
Location: Germany

by lightonflux » Post

brunob.santos wrote:I threw an item on the bucket and incredibly disappeared.
Great mod!
I believe that I can use it on a server, it is very useful to keep the city clean.
heavy gale wrote:- Everybody can hear the "Empty Trash" sound, no matter how far I'm away when pressing the button.
OOHH! I can not use on a server
Just delete the sound file or comment the following line out.

Code: Select all

                        minetest.sound_play("trash", …

User avatar
Kilarin
Member
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 00:36

Re: [Mod] Trash Can [github] [trash_can]

by Kilarin » Post

This mod has proven very useful to me!

Is there any way that the trashcan could be used without having to take it out of inventory? Point being, that when I am mining and end up with too many rocks/dirt/gravel/leaves or whatever, instead of having to place the trashcan, then dispose of the unwanted stuff in it, then hit the trashcan until it goes back into inventory. I was wondering if there is any way could you activate the trash_can still in inventory on right click, or with a special keystroke? I can't think of anyway to do that within the current minetest interface, but I'm new at this.

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Trash Can [github] [trash_can]

by Evergreen » Post

Kilarin wrote:This mod has proven very useful to me!

Is there any way that the trashcan could be used without having to take it out of inventory? Point being, that when I am mining and end up with too many rocks/dirt/gravel/leaves or whatever, instead of having to place the trashcan, then dispose of the unwanted stuff in it, then hit the trashcan until it goes back into inventory. I was wondering if there is any way could you activate the trash_can still in inventory on right click, or with a special keystroke? I can't think of anyway to do that within the current minetest interface, but I'm new at this.
Thanks! Yes, I think that's a possibility to have the trash can formspec appear when you use the item. I'll add that to my todo list.

User avatar
Kilarin
Member
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 00:36

Re: [Mod] Trash Can [github] [trash_can]

by Kilarin » Post

Evergreen wrote:I think that's a possibility to have the trash can formspec appear when you use the item
That makes sense! Looking forward to a future update!

User avatar
Linuxdirk
Member
Posts: 2713
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:21
In-game: Linuxdirk
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Trash Can [github] [trash_can]

by Linuxdirk » Post

The trash can looks very huge, more like a trash barrel :D Should be half the size :)

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Trash Can [github] [trash_can]

by Evergreen » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:The trash can looks very huge, more like a trash barrel :D Should be half the size :)
True. But how is one supposed to throw items in it if it were that size? :P
Back from the dead!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests