IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

Re: [Mod] Spray Booth / Color Machine [colormachine]

by Minetestforfun » Post

Awesome work, thank you !

balthazariv

Re: [Mod] spray booth / colormachine (handling colored block

by balthazariv » Post

Sokomine wrote:The mod has been updated recently. It has a second page for supported blocks now. Support for some mods was updated (homedecor, sea) and further mods are supported now. Please take a look at the first posting! Images have also been re-added.
A great machine to paint in such a small box.

Thanks

rubberduck
IRC: rbduck
In-game: rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

there is a small issue on the first post, it says i need sone for white dyes, but i looked into your code and here it says that i need clay lumps, i tested this on a server too and it was clay lumps there.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The paint roller from Krocks paint roller mod is very practical but supports only few blocks. As the colormachine already has a lot of code regarding figuring out which block it is and which paint was applied, letting the paint roller access the colormachine seems logical.

Texture, crafting and idea are taken from Krocks mod. It works like this: Place a dye in your inventory to the right of the paint roller. Wield the paint roller. Click on a block to paint it. If the slot is empty, the paint will be removed from the block and placed back into your inventory. If there are multiple possibilities of how the block may be painted using one color (i.e. diffrent patterns using blox), just use the paint roller multiple times on the same block. It will cycle through the alternatives.

Crafting:

The colormachine also got additional storage space for dyes. It can be accessed from the main menu page and works like a chest (which will only take dyes as input). In order to get that additional storage capacity, did your old colormachines and place them anew. The additional storage for now only acts as storage and is not used by the machine.

White dye can be gained from stone again. Just insert it in the input slot in the dye management menu.
A list of my mods can be found here.

rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

my idea is, that you can stack dyes in this machine up to 10000 or more, because you have to refill so often then.
i like the idea with the additional space (that solves this problem a bit, but if you have a lot of slots used by the base colors and the rest by some special mixed, this could be full very early.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

rubberduck wrote: my idea is, that you can stack dyes in this machine up to 10000 or more, because you have to refill so often then.
That's something I'm considering as well. Increasing the stack size for dyes would allow to store more of them inside the machine without problems. It'll also make handling of mixed colors a bit easier.
rubberduck wrote: i like the idea with the additional space (that solves this problem a bit, but if you have a lot of slots used by the base colors and the rest by some special mixed, this could be full very early.
A higher stack size might help there a lot. I was also considering moving dyes from the extra storage to the internal dye storage automaticly and to store and use mixed colors in the extra storage.

The main question is: Will there be any side-effects of increased stack size? Anyone against that? I'd probably increase everything (dye output, stack size) by factor 10, while leaving dye consumption at 1. Removing all flowers in order to get dye and leaving empty plains is not so nice. A higher yield would be more desirable.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

200 stacks => Ok
But 1 000 stacks, it's...to many stacks...

Or, make a variable for creative (1000stacks) and for other servers (100-200 stacks)...

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Increasing stack size to 200 won't help that much. 99 is the default. Besides, in creative mode, no dyes are consumed.

rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

i can't use the dyes from the additional storage, i have to put them into my inv first, after that i have to place them to the normal storage.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

rubberduck wrote: i can't use the dyes from the additional storage, i have to put them into my inv first, after that i have to place them to the normal storage.
That's right. So far, I'm only planning to use it in the future as a second dye ressource, but so far it's only additional storage capacity that cannot yet be used by the machine.

I'm currently working on the mg_villages mod and will gather ideas, bug reports and other things regarding my other mods in the meantime.

balthazariv

by balthazariv » Post

Hello,

When i quit color machine after my unified_inventory not responding and color machine also.
I have no error generate.

Thanks

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

balthazariv wrote: When i quit color machine after my unified_inventory not responding and color machine also.
I have no error generate.
That sounds strange. I use unified_inventory in almost all my worlds, and it's present and working in the colormachine-testworld just as fine as always. Is your version perhaps not up to date? Or the Minetest version outdated?

rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

i noticed a bug in your mod, you can lose items this way.
follow these steps to reproduce it:

1: put something colorable and some dyes in

2: put the output out, drag the output over another item (not the same kind!!) in your inventory

normally the other item will be the placed in the slot where you got first the item from.
in this case the item dissapears, because the slot for the output-item dissapears too, the slot reappears with the next item then, but the slot is filled with the colored item instead.

you could also add my colored mese blocks from my mod (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10202)
to support the color machine
My game (not minetest): http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6800

my mods: gold_and_gem, meseconductors

a penguin throws an apple through a window

sometimes i change my "forum location" via user control panel

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

rubberduck wrote: i noticed a bug in your mod, you can lose items this way.
follow these steps to reproduce it:
1: put something colorable and some dyes in
2: put the output out, drag the output over another item (not the same kind!!) in your inventory
That's a bug in the engine/api that I can't really fix at my end. Many mods are affected by that.

But, more importantly: The colormachine has received an update! It now supports the new method of adding modifiers to textures instead of having a texture for each item. Homedecor makes heavy use of that. The new version of colormachine supports more recent versions of homedecor again. There's also support for the clothes mod and the various my* mods by Don. Those mods add a lot of nodes. It became necessary to add better support of diffrent pages in the blocktype menu to cover them all.

Another major change is that the colormachine now makes use of something that may startle you at first - but this is Minetest, after all, and not RL - and in Minetest, you can craft dyes into other dyes, black into white, white into black, and colors into other colors. It's just tiresome to do so manually. It also destroys the landscape if hundreds of flowers are picked just to have enough color. Thus, the colormachine now consumes only white dye - regardless of the color you choose for painting your blocks! It still needs samples of all the other colors in order to be able to paint something in that color. You ought to be fine if each slot in the dye management menu contains 2 or more dyes of that color. If you want to refill dye, just refill white. If another kind of dye is cheaper for you (i.e. black from coal or green from cacti), craft that other dye, put it into the input slot, and click on remove paint in order to turn that dye into white dye which you may then use for universal painting purposes.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

hurray for the flowers

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

Awesome update sokomine , now I don't need to spend hours finding flowers anymore

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Added support for cblocks.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Added support for myfences.

Minetest_Neko_
GitHub: GitMee
IRC: Roc
In-game: Neko_

Glass

by Minetest_Neko_ » Post

Amazing mod! But what type of glass works? sorry I am just confused..