16%
the honey production that requires flowers nearby
22%

Total votes: 110

HighPopes
GitHub: HighPopes

Re: [Mod] Bees and beekeeper [2.0] [bees]

by HighPopes » Post

Does this mod work on mobile? Minetest 5.3? I saw a pull request involving a flora to flower change or something.

TenPlus1
GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Yes, should work fine.

HighPopes

by HighPopes » Post

I looked at the code. It takes 1600 seconds to spawn a hive and there's a 20 percent chance of it happening. That's along time to stand near a tree.

There's a part in the spawning abm that says neighbors = {''} switched that to neighbors = nil. I don't know if minetest looks at air blocks as an empty string. I think changing it got one to spawn but that 20 percent chance has me quite confused.

I got me some bees and can now easily get the dye I need for techage.
Well, hopefully get them easily bees are slow.

TenPlus1
GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

You aren't really meant to wait for a hive to spawn but stumble across one already spawned in the world like irl, in a fresh world they do appear when you explore the map.

HighPopes

by HighPopes » Post

Alright if it does work, I reverted the code back to having {''}. I'm impatent so I'm keeping my time changes: 600s and 10%.
I'm making a wild hive farm in the ocean. With moretrees and cooltrees installed the grassland is now treeland. A poor place for an organized hive farm.
Thankfully this mod doesn't biome or tree lock the bees. It just needs leaves, flowers and a 40 block distance between hives.

I changed the flower spreading code to allow for default:dirt floor as I still haven't been able to find a mod that lets you harvest and place grass / ground blocks. That would be a great mod... Not trying to convience anyone just saying. ;)

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

If you add runs' temperate rainforest [rainf] from the WIP mods, he's moved most of the trees. The only trees in the grasslands are bamboo. Which chop out extremely easily.

[EDIT]
Oh, I was thinking [add_trees], not [moretrees]. Looks like we discontinued using [moretrees] July 2019, but didn't note why. There was some reason...
[/EDIT]

HighPopes

by HighPopes » Post

I've got rainf on a world and there are a lot less trees. I was wondering what happened. More room for the flowers.

runs
GitHub: runsy

by runs » Post

HighPopes wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 03:51
I've got rainf on a world and there are a lot less trees. I was wondering what happened. More room for the flowers.
WIP. I will add more trees to that biome. I am working on a plum tree right now.
🤑 Patreon |Minetest Element Chat | 👧 Samantha | ⛏️ Juanchi Game | 🐱 Petz