[Mod] Ethereal [1.16] [ethereal]

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Paramat: I would however disable fire when using Ethereal mod since it can create quite a few forest fires being too close to lava craters...

disable_fire = true

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Paramat: I would however disable fire when using Ethereal mod since it can create quite a few forest fires being too close to lava craters...

disable_fire = true
Never got a forest fire, but the "mushrest" fire :)
But I think that deserted fiery biomes should be surrounded with biomes that do not have much to be set on fire. Or they may have rivers of red water that hurts player, but doesn't burn and extinguish any fire nearby. (Although this would require a lot of work and probably reimplementation of fire)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

4aiman wrote: I didn't want to have moretrees trees as they are. All I wanted is to have spruces, apple tees, oaks etc. I don't care how'd they look ()although moretrees' trees are way to big if you'd ask me :)
I love moretree trees as decoration and landscape. Unfortionately, they're extremly impractical when it comes to obtaining their wood. That was one of the reasons why I created my random_buildings mod with its lumberjacks.
4aiman wrote: I've tried to add schematics, but have found that those are binary files, not "text" ones.
Does exporting with world edit will create needed format? Otherwise, how can I create a new schematic file?
Yes, WorldEdit is the right way to create schematic files. Use "//mtschemcreate filename" instead of "//save filename" and read the documentation of WorldEdit if you want to learn more about probabilities. You may also use the apartment control panels from my apartment mod to create said schematics - just prefix the name of an apartment with "save_as_filename".
4aiman wrote: Also, is it possible to rotate decorations (from a schematics file)? If not, then should I use 4 different files to rotate one "model"?
They can even be rotated randomly automaticly - or rotated by a given value. The place_schematic function also allows to provide replacements - so that i.e. all normal tree thrunks in your schematic are placed as apple tree trunks etc. Plus there's a nice new parameter that allows to place schematics without replacing existing content - very very useful for growing saplings into trees.
A list of my mods can be found here.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Thanks, Sokomine!
I haven't used worldedit 'cause I had only 3 players at my server so, there were no need in a beautiful spawn or anything else WE could provide.

It's great that WE is documented. Gonna be reading ;)
Thanks once again!

PS: TenPlus1, you should've also remove the Dark Sam (a counterpart of Herobrine) :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

4aiman wrote:Thanks, Sokomine!
I haven't used worldedit 'cause I had only 3 players at my server so, there were no need in a beautiful spawn or anything else WE could provide.

It's great that WE is documented. Gonna be reading ;)
Thanks once again!

PS: TenPlus1, you should've also remove the Dark Sam (a counterpart of Herobrine) :)
Dark Sam ??? How do you mean, I haven't removed anything like that ???

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:PS: TenPlus1, you should've also remove the Dark Sam (a counterpart of Herobrine) :)
I was kidding.
You may not know, but Minecraft devs have removed Herobrine once in a while :)
Herobrine is a mysterious player who can be seen on an edge of fog. He watches you. And if you try to follow him - disappears. Some claimed that Herobrine turned hostile and killed them ingame.

But the fact is Minecraft NEVER had such a feature.

On the other hand, you've told twice that you've removed "glostone".
I assumed that the first time you really did and the second was just a mistake caused by copy/paste or smth else.

But I felt funny about that notice, 'cause I had remembered about Herobrine.

So I've "invented" Dark Sam and asked why didn't you remove it :)
Lame or not, Minecraft has some descent stories made up around it.
Last edited by 4aiman on Sat Mar 15, 2014 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Aww I liked rail and railtwo. They added personality to sandstone deserts.
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Great! :)
I've a question:
Where can I lay my sticky hands on the flowers mod?
I've downloaded plantlife, but it doesn't define any flowers, just redefines potted ones.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

4aiman wrote:Great! :)
I've a question:
Where can I lay my sticky hands on the flowers mod?
I've downloaded plantlife, but it doesn't define any flowers, just redefines potted ones.
On linux you'll find the flowers mod inside /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/

All built-in mods are typically found in this location from flowers, doors, buckets and default actions and items...

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Oh... I had deleted minetest_game like half a year ago so it's natural I don't remember if there were any flowers...
Thanks!

*PS: I'm not using BUILD_IN_PLACE option*

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Neat! :)

I have a suggestion, though.
Whenever you redefine a node or a tool (like leaves), get it's definition beforehand.
This way you'll support different versions of the same mod (for example default from minetest_game or default from Minitest game).

I'd be thankful should you consider that humble little piece of advice :)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

You could present this mod to Freeminer too, a fork of Minetest:
http://freeminer.org/

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

How come that I'm warned of a new post, but there's just slightly edited last one?
Please, do not change your posts with updates news. It's confusing!
I don't even know what version do I have now... :(
diff is good and all, but still.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Sorry 4aiman, the only reason I do this is to keep the mod up to date with features and fixes and remove the old downloads to save space on the forum...

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

TenPlus1, you might want to look at dropbox-like storages or at github-like ones.
That'll fix both issues.
I'm eager to help you anyway I can with your space issues, just to make it less confusing.
If you don't want to deal with the guthub, then have you got a dropbox.com account? They'll give you 2 Gb of eternal storage for your needs for free.
If you want, you may use a referral link - you'll get 500Mb more. (I can provide one).

Also, if you don't want to leave old download to save the space, then, please, let your posts remain even if you delete attachments. Every time I'm reading this thread a new version has an old number...

This is great mod, but I' confused of the 0.0.8 version coming out for the 3rd time...

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

you're right 4aiman, I should make the version numbers clearer so from now on I'll do 0.0.8a or b or c and let ChinChow make the main release on the first post... As for external storage, why would I use this if the forum provides me a way to upload a .zip file and attach to a post ? it's comvenient although I cannot seem to delete attached files so I remove the post instead and make a new one showing the changes...

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

4aiman wrote: This is great mod, but I' confused of the 0.0.8 version coming out for the 3rd time...
That's true. You're not the only one who's confused about that :-/
TenPlus1 wrote: As for external storage, why would I use this if the forum provides me a way to upload a .zip file and attach to a post?
Version control systems like git (used by github) allow others to see what changed in which version, to work togehter on a mod, and to have one easy to find place to download the stuff :-) Forum attachments are of course helpful as well. It's usually best to have both.
TenPlus1 wrote: it's comvenient although I cannot seem to delete attached files so I remove the post instead and make a new one showing the changes...
And that, unfortionately, is quite confusing - because the posting does not seem to show what changed in regard to the last release/posting/version. It seems to repeat changes that where done in previous versions. Perhaps a changelog might help? Or a list of features plus a list of things that got changed/added exclusively in this new version.

It's great that you coordinate the further development of the mod and add nice new features to it. A central place to download it from where Chinchow could link to and players could get the newest version would be very helpful.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Two things:
One, you may put the mod on github as I could never figure it out I am pleased it is being done.
Second, as far as food changes go I'm fine, but request that you don't change onion spawn rate very much as it was meant to be a food that is weak but plentiful.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Chinchow wrote:Two things:
One, you may put the mod on github as I could never figure it out I am pleased it is being done.
Second, as far as food changes go I'm fine, but request that you don't change onion spawn rate very much as it was meant to be a food that is weak but plentiful.
Sorry ChinChow, will return onions to the default setting...

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Chinchow wrote:Two things:
Sorry ChinChow, will return onions to the default setting...
No problem I never let anyone know, so it's my fault.

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

Nice Mod... can Mushshroom spores only be planted on the mushroom biome or dirt_with_purple_grass?
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Mushroom spores are planted like wheat and cotton, use a hoe to till the dirt near water and place to grow a patch of edible shrooms...

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

Oh... Thanks ten :)
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Will jungle trees and pine trees have their own types of wood soon?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I could redo the schematics to have jungle trees use default jungle wood... as for pine tree's, the texture looks similar to normal wood so it's better staying as such...
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 14:04, edited 1 time in total.