[Mod] Simple Shooter [0.5.3] [shooter]

balthazariv

Re: [Mod] Simple Shooter [0.5.0] [shooter]

by balthazariv » Post

Hello Stu,

I have everything turned off and I tested one by one. "Simple Shooter" crash with
[Mod] Simple protection [simple_protection]

stu
GitHub: stujones11

Re: [Mod] Simple Shooter [0.5.1] [shooter]

by stu » Post

Mod Updated: Version 0.5.1

Added simple protection mod support, requires a protection mod that utilizes minetest.is_protected()
Tested and works well with TenPlus1's version of the protector mod.

Note that protection support is disabled by default, you will need to set SHOOTER_ENABLE_PROTECTION = true
is your shooter.conf (if you don't already have this file then create it in the mod's main directory)
Enabling protection may cause a slight slow-down of explosions depending on which protection mod you use.

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

stu wrote:Mod Updated: Version 0.5.1

Added simple protection mod support, requires a protection mod that utilizes minetest.is_protected()

Note that protection support is disabled by default, you will need to set SHOOTER_ENABLE_PROTECTION = true
is your shooter.conf (if you don't already have this file then create it in the mod's main directory)
Enabling protection may cause a slight slow-down of explosions depending on which protection mod you use.
Hello, can u add version with tnt, which just explode and doesnt destroy nodes ? Well....if its possible :D

stu

by stu » Post

AMMOnym wrote:
stu wrote:Mod Updated: Version 0.5.2

Hello, can u add version with tnt, which just explode and doesnt destroy nodes ? Well....if its possible :D

You can either set SHOOTER_ALLOW_NODES = false which will disable the destruction of nodes altogether or you can now set SHOOTER_ENABLE_BLASTING = false to only disable node destruction by explosives, another new feature I forgot to mention.

See: shooter.config.example for all available options.
Last edited by stu on Fri Oct 24, 2014 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

stu wrote:
AMMOnym wrote:
stu wrote:Mod Updated: Version 0.5.1

Thank you a lot

You can either set SHOOTER_ALLOW_NODES = false which will disable the destruction of nodes altogether or you can now set SHOOTER_ENABLE_BLASTING = false to only disable node destruction by explosives, another new feature I forgot to mention.

See: shooter.config.example for all available options.

stu

by stu » Post

Mod update

Added a crossbow with directional arrows.
Spoiler
Image"]
Arrows will do damage to players/entities listed in SHOOTER_ENTITIES and will stick in all non-walkable nodes (walkable = false). They can be picked up again by punching them but will dissapear after a preset time (default 3 mins) or if they become unloaded, for whatever reason.

I wanted to have the arrows stick in players/mobs but this is currently not possible due to some bugs in the core entity attachment system. :/

Enjoy 8)

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

Re: [Mod] Simple Shooter [0.5.2] [shooter]

by philipbenr » Post

Hey, it looks fine right now. If you can get them to stick to players I'd think that as a bonus.

;) nice work stu.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Awesome!

EDIT:
it's 'crossbow' not 'crassbow'
Back from the dead!

stu

by stu » Post

Evergreen wrote:Awesome!

EDIT:
it's 'crossbow' not 'crassbow'
Fixed, thanks for reporting

Ikishida

by Ikishida » Post

May I please use this for my SAO mod? can't code a gun...

stu

by stu » Post

Ikishida wrote:May I please use this for my SAO mod? can't code a gun...
Yes, you may use the source code under the terms of LGPL v2.1, however, the sound effects are licensed separately. Please see the LICENSE.txt for full details.

stu

Re: [Mod] Simple Shooter [0.5.3] [shooter]

by stu » Post

Mod Updated: version-0.5.3

Added coloured arrows

Regular white arrows can now be mixed with base dyes to create grey, black, red, yellow, green, cyan, blue and magenta arrows

Added admin super weapons
This change lets admins (people with server privilege) shoot guns automatically after <= 2 seconds if they hold left click without using munition.

Note: the latter must be enabled in shooter.conf by adding SHOOTER_ADMIN_WEAPONS = true.
See shooter.conf.example for all available config options.

Much of the credit goes to HybridDog for making these changes possible and to lightonflux for suggesting the coloured arrows.

sparky
GitHub: Elkien3
IRC: ircSparky
In-game: sparky

by sparky » Post

I added smoke grenades, code is based of "grenade.lua" with some from "flare.lua" added in
also changed "init.lua" and "shooter.lua" to make it load like the other .luas
the particles could use some more tweaking though.
I hope you like it. :D
keep up the awsumness
Attachments
shooter.zip
(347.81 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

stu

by stu » Post

sparky wrote:I added smoke grenades, code is based of "grenade.lua" with some from "flare.lua" added in
also changed "init.lua" and "shooter.lua" to make it load like the other .luas
the particles could use some more tweaking though.
I hope you like it. :D
keep up the awsumness
This looks pretty cool, I will add this to the mod as soon as I get a chance, though I would like to make a few tweaks here and there.

Thank you for sharing this.

guideahon
In-game: guideahon

by guideahon » Post

Found a bug, if you have 2 crossbows and use the second, instead of wearing out, it starts again like the first time you used it

stu

by stu » Post

guideahon wrote:Found a bug, if you have 2 crossbows and use the second, instead of wearing out, it starts again like the first time you used it
I believe this to be a bug in the engine as it works fine with older versions, also this does not just affect the crossbow but a lot of the other weapons too.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11471

Hopefully there will be a fix sometime soon otherwise this mod is busted :-(

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

Thank you for the mod.
I dont know if you thinked to add but firearms has a some kind of hud for guns.
My Mods:

Beverage

tinkerlevu

by tinkerlevu » Post

Hey can you add support for mobs redo. I tried editing the config file but it did not work. Simple mobs did work though. Thanks in advance
p.s Im using minetest version: 0.4.13

lightonflux
In-game: lof

by lightonflux » Post

I already wrote an issue regarding mobs redo. https://github.com/stujones11/shooter/issues/6

You have to add the entities of the mod to shooter so it knows which entity it is allowed to harm. But the real problem is the damage that is dealt (too little).

tinkerlevu

by tinkerlevu » Post

so what exactly do I have to edit in the shooter directory to increase the damage of the weapons?
And why can you shoot the sheep but not the bunny even if they have the same armour level?

stu

by stu » Post

lightonflux wrote:I already wrote an issue regarding mobs redo. https://github.com/stujones11/shooter/issues/6
I could add a global damage coefficient (as discussed in that issue) but then the weapons will also do more damage to players, which may or may not be desirable. I really need to have separate damage levels for players and entities which is quite a bit more work.

I will eventually make the default support for mobs redo as it seems to be quite popular but in the meantime it is probably easier to decrease the armor levels of the mobs than to alter this mod.
tinkerlevu wrote:so what exactly do I have to edit in the shooter directory to increase the damage of the weapons?
If you want the guns to do more damage to both players and mobs then edit guns.lua and increase the damage_groups={fleshy=n} levels.

For explosions you would need to look for this line in shooter.lua and adjust the algorithm to suit.

Code: Select all

local damage = (fleshy * 0.5 ^ dist) * 2
tinkerlevu wrote: why can you shoot the sheep but not the bunny even if they have the same armour level?
All I can guess it that the bunny has not been properly included in the SHOOTER_ENTITIES table. To configure this, you need to add a file called shooter.conf in the mod's main directory, see shooter.conf.example for all of the available options.

tinkerlevu

by tinkerlevu » Post

well... I added the entities to the entity list and I slowly increased fleshy on my rifle to 500, then back down to 0 and even after adding the entities to the entity list in the conf file and shooter.lua, the bullets go straight through them and ends up hitting the block behind them. it still doesn’t work. Do you know why? I know that I'm asking too much but any help is appreciated. Thanks.

stu

by stu » Post

tinkerlevu wrote:well... I added the entities to the entity list and I slowly increased fleshy on my rifle to 500, then back down to 0 and even after adding the entities to the entity list in the conf file and shooter.lua, the bullets go straight through them and ends up hitting the block behind them. it still doesn’t work. Do you know why? I know that I'm asking too much but any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Adding "mobs:cow" to the config worked for me, however I did notice that the cow's collision box is relatively small so you do need to hit it right in the middle.

I have now added auto configuration for all simple mobs derivatives, that is all mods that are simply named "mobs" this includes mobs redo by TenPlus1 and carbone mobs by Calinou, there may well be others.

I have so far only tested mobs redo and I personally find the damage levels quite acceptable but if you do still wish to increase the damage groups of the guns I would start with something a lot less than 500, that's way too high.

tinkerlevu

by tinkerlevu » Post

OMG! it works! you... are... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess that all i have to do is change the hit boxes on the mobs

oh BTW, I had a addon to mobs redo that registered mobs as: kpgmobs:<mob name>, so I changed:

for k, v in pairs(minetest.registered_entities) do
	if string.find(k, "^mobs") then
		table.insert(SHOOTER_ENTITIES, k)
	end
end
to:

for k, v in pairs(minetest.registered_entities) do
	if string.find(k, "^mobs") then

elseif string.find(k, "^kpgmobs") then
	end
end
and everything worked fine.

So I was thinking... maybe you can add support for simple mob based mods that use different naming conventions which can also be altered through the config file. Thanks alot.
Last edited by tinkerlevu on Sun Sep 13, 2015 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

tinkerlevu

by tinkerlevu » Post

oh I've got an idea! how about instead of reloading by clicking when the gun is empty, you can drag the empty gun and a pack of ammo onto the crafting guild in-order to load the gun. And you can enable or disable this feature through the config file.

And another idea, how about also being able to edit the ammo amounts of each gun through the config file

that's about all I can think of right now...