[Modpack] Creatures MOB-Engine [2.3.1] [cme]

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

[Modpack] Creatures MOB-Engine [2.3.1] [cme]

by BlockMen » Post

This mod provides a MOB-Engine and adds several creatures to the game. It is ment to be modular, so you can add the Mobs you like. By default included are Ghosts, Zombies, Sheep, Chicken and Oerrki.

Creatures:

ImageZombies can spawn at every time of day in the world as long there is not too much light. So you will find some in caves, dark forests and of cause a lot at night. If they notice you they will attack. Zombies have 20 HP (like players) and drop sometimes rotten flesh on death. On day Zombies die because of the sunlight.

ImageGhosts only spawn at night-time and they don't spawn underground. They are flying in the world and attack you aswell if they notice you. Ghosts have 15 HP and don't drop any items atm (might be changed in future).They can't harm you in your house. If it becomes day Ghosts will take damage by the sunlight, so they will die after a while.

ImageSheep spawn only at day-time and are friendly mobs. They remain around 5 minutes in the world unless they are tamed with 5 wheat (rightclick). There are four different wool colors: white, grey, brown and black. If there is grass (dirt with grass) they eat the grass and make new wool that way. Sheep have 8 HP and drop 1-2 wool when punched or sheared with shears. They need to eat grass until they can give wool again.

ImageChicken are friendly and spawn only at day-time too. They drop randomly eggs and remain 5 minutes. Currently you can't tame or breed them. They drop chicken meat and feather(s) on death. Eggs can be thrown to spawn (rarely) new chicken, or cooked in furnace to gain fried eggs, which are eatable.

ImageOerrki spawn only at night on stone or dirt like blocks. They attack players and make more damage than Zombies or Ghosts. Daylight can't harm them.

Notice: Weapons and tools get damaged when hitting a mob. The wearout is calculated on the strength
of the tools/weapons. The more damage they can do the longer they can be used.

Example:
- Diamond Sword: 1500 uses
- Wooden Sword: 30 uses

Download:
Version 2.3.1: Download (requires Minetest 0.4.13 or newer)

Github: Creatures MOB-Engine (cme)
older versions: https://github.com/BlockMen/cme/releases

License:
Source code: modified zlib-License
Textures: CC-BY-SA 3.0
Sounds: CC0 and CC-BY 3.0 (see Readme.txt for more information)

Depends: (all included in Minetest Game / NeXt)
farming (optional)
wool (optional)
Last edited by BlockMen on Mon Nov 09, 2015 19:42, edited 13 times in total.

MrElmux

by MrElmux » Post

Nice work especially the graphics, you could merge the zombies with animals modpack, their graphics are not that nice at the moment

u34

by u34 » Post

awesome

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

+1
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

RHR
GitHub: RHRhino

by RHR » Post

Nice mod! It makes lot's of fun to play!

Here are some suggestions:
Raw rotten flesh should harm you and cooked rotten flesh should give you HP back.
Swords get damage, but pickaxes, axes and shovels don't get damage by using them as weapon, that shoud be changed.
Ghosts could drop strings, white flowers/white dye or glass fragments
Could you add bones dropped by zombies. (for bonemeal-mod: viewtopic.php?id=5429 )

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Why do you increase your timers by 0.01 each on_step() instead of dtime?

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

Image In night i could find only this. But when day began that mummies transform into ghosts and zombies. So i think than its not compatible with pyramids mod.
Last edited by AMMOnym on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

MrElmux wrote:Nice work especially the graphics, you could merge the zombies with animals modpack, their graphics are not that nice at the moment
Nope, sry. But if sapier wants use my model and graphics he can do that ofc.
RHR wrote:Nice mod! It makes lot's of fun to play!

Here are some suggestions:
Raw rotten flesh should harm you and cooked rotten flesh should give you HP back.
Swords get damage, but pickaxes, axes and shovels don't get damage by using them as weapon, that shoud be changed.
Ghosts could drop strings, white flowers/white dye or glass fragments
Could you add bones dropped by zombies. (for bonemeal-mod: viewtopic.php?id=5429 )
Not sure about the rotten flesh, but lets see. You are right, tools should get damage too.
I like the idea of strings, i guess that will be added. And another option would be getting back bones after eating the rotten flesh?
AMMOnym wrote:http://i.imgur.com/STlKkM7.png In night i could find only this. But when day began that mummies transform into ghosts and zombies. So i think than its not compatible with pyramids mod.
Thanks for reporting. Is fixed in 1.0.1 now ;)

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

BlockMen wrote:Please give Feedback and ideas for improvement
Slight glow to the ghost? I don't know how easily that could be achieved, but I think that would be sort of cool. Also, nice work. I look forward to seeing some more cool mobs. ;) Also, there could be phantom slayer weapons, like an enchanted sword that destroys the mobs faster than other swords.

dethegeek

by dethegeek » Post

Hi

I'm trying minetest since a few days, and I created a dedicated server to have fun with it. I'm searching and adding mods to make my world a survival game.

Several mods are already here. When I enable your mod, and join the game to see your creatures (they are really great !) I have a bug issue with framerate. The game renders at less than 1 FPS. After several tries, I found there are very huge amount of creatures around me, probably a hundred of zombies. I even tried on a computer with a new Georce GTX 660.

It seems I'm the only guy having this issue, so I guess there is a incompatibility between your mod and an other. I noticed I had no luck until now : I always joined the game at night, and there was no other player in the world. This may be useful to reproduce my issue. I'll try to join the game at day.

What can we do to fix my issue ?

Thanks for your mod !

EDIT : Add a screenshot : after playing the whole ingame night : all these zombies were near my house, but the sun began to rise...
Attachments
a night in the HELL.tif
a night in the HELL.tif (1.41 MiB) Viewed 6339 times
Last edited by dethegeek on Sat Feb 22, 2014 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

falsegrayburger
In-game: naro

by falsegrayburger » Post

Very cool!

Idea of the drop of ghost!

Ghosts drop the 1Spirits!
Be to nine the Craft Spirits, Spirits ball,
Arranging three Spirits ball, become Spirits Ingot!

And the Spirits Ingot with the performance of the average Mese!

Excalibur Zero
GitHub: ExcaliburZero

by Excalibur Zero » Post

This mod is very good. It really gives the game a bigger difference between day and night. As day becomes more about building, while night becomes more about mining and fighting.

I'd love to see more mobs added. And it would be good if there was more of a benefit to defeat mobs than just outrunning them. Currently the zombies drop a new item, but there is currently no use for it, so some sort of use for it would be good. It would be interesting to have mobs that only have a chance of dropping a special item, so you'd have to defeat more of them to acquire it.

I like how there are land mobs (zombies) and air mobs (ghosts). It adds a lot more variation to the game, as you have to build a house or structure that keeps out mobs from a vertical perspective as well as the usual horizontal perspective.

Linxx

by Linxx » Post

._. ectoplasm for ghosts :3

natan.virgiliio

by natan.virgiliio » Post

Eu tenho uma pergunta você pode colocar OVELHA seria uma grande idéia
Last edited by natan.virgiliio on Fri Feb 28, 2014 02:23, edited 1 time in total.

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

This mod is veeeery good! Congratulations!
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

dethegeek wrote:Hi

I'm trying minetest since a few days, and I created a dedicated server to have fun with it. I'm searching and adding mods to make my world a survival game.

Several mods are already here. When I enable your mod, and join the game to see your creatures (they are really great !) I have a bug issue with framerate. The game renders at less than 1 FPS. After several tries, I found there are very huge amount of creatures around me, probably a hundred of zombies. I even tried on a computer with a new Georce GTX 660.

It seems I'm the only guy having this issue, so I guess there is a incompatibility between your mod and an other. I noticed I had no luck until now : I always joined the game at night, and there was no other player in the world. This may be useful to reproduce my issue. I'll try to join the game at day.

Thanks for your mod !

EDIT : Add a screenshot : after playing the whole ingame night : all these zombies were near my house, but the sun began to rise...
Well, obviously there shouldn't be that much zombies. Do you use Minetest 0.4.9 stable or a current indev version? And the spawning code needs to be improved anyway so this should be fixed in some of next releases.
Excalibur Zero wrote: -snip-
And it would be good if there was more of a benefit to defeat mobs than just outrunning them. Currently the zombies drop a new item, but there is currently no use for it, so some sort of use for it would be good. It would be interesting to have mobs that only have a chance of dropping a special item, so you'd have to defeat more of them to acquire it.
-snip-
Good Point. A rare drop of special items wouldn't be wrong i guess. (For ghosts too then ofc)

--

Next Mob will be friendly:

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

BlockMen wrote:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/n0b ... 212654.png
Alright! I can't wait. I love the progress on this mod already. Are you going to include this in your minetest+ game?
Last edited by philipbenr on Wed Feb 26, 2014 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

natan.virgiliio

by natan.virgiliio » Post

why don't you put pigs
BlockMen wrote:
dethegeek wrote:Hi

Thanks for your mod !

Well, obviously there shouldn't be that much zombies. Do you use Minetest 0.4.9 stable or a current indev version? And the spawning code needs to be improved anyway so this should be fixed in some of next releases.
Excalibur Zero wrote: -snip-
And it would be good if there was more of a benefit to defeat mobs than just outrunning them. Currently the zombies drop a new item, but there is currently no use for it, so some sort of use for it would be good. It would be interesting to have mobs that only have a chance of dropping a special item, so you'd have to defeat more of them to acquire it.
-snip-
Good Point. A rare drop of special items wouldn't be wrong i guess. (For ghosts too then ofc)

--

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/n0b ... 212654.png

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

I have some suggestions:

- Make ghosts only spawn on grass. That will insure they don't spawn in caves above y = 0.
- Rather than using get_objects_inside_radius() for your search, you should probably use get_connected_players() and compare their positions. Would probably go a lot faster.
- Also, if you could put in a line of sight check into the search, that would be awesome.
Last edited by gsmanners on Fri Feb 28, 2014 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

yaman

by yaman » Post

very good mod :D Best mob mod I have ever seen! can't wait for sheep and other mobs. I also like your other mods like the pyramid one
cdb_441578b89f39

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

Spoiler
11:57:23: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
11:57:23: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: ...ktop\hry\minetest-0.4.8\bin\..\
mods\creatures/zombie.lua:361: attempt to index a nil value
11:57:23: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
11:57:23: ERROR[main]: ...ktop\hry\minetest-0.4.8\bin\..\mods\creatures/zombie.
lua:361: in function <...ktop\hry\minetest-0.4.8\bin\..\mods\creatures/zombie.lu
a:185>
Loaded texture: C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/hry/minetest-0.4.8/games/minetest_game/me
nu/header.png
Resizing window (800 600)
?? >.< ??

falsegrayburger
In-game: naro

by falsegrayburger » Post

Please add mesecon spawn block and spawner block!

BRICK

by BRICK » Post

I love this mod - excellent appearance, excellent AI for the mobs and they work remarkably smoothly.

There is one problem that is bothering me though:
I'm running a creative server, and whenever night falls, the zombies and ghosts spawn by the hundreds. Literally, for every 10x10 area of ground, there will be at least 5-9 zombies. This is tolerable, but after a while the entire game will crash due to too many entities existing in the same place (I've gotten error messages saying that there were 498 zombies in the same place).

I really want to include this mod, but I don't want the game to crash during the night!
I'm brand new to lua, so could you help me change the spawn rate of the zombies so that there's less of them?

Thanks!

Daven

by Daven » Post

The sounds creep me out

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

BRICK wrote:excellent AI
AI is not excellent. It took like 10 seconds for a zombie to jump on a block. It tried but failed so many... many many many many times... ((c) Dr. Neo Cortex)
BRICK wrote:smoothly
Smooth they are. But ghosts are to fast to my mind. This kind of problem was actual for the earlier versions of PilzAdam's mobs.
BRICK wrote:I'm running a creative server, and whenever night falls, the zombies and ghosts spawn by the hundreds.
That's why "crappy" Minecraft's servers like bukkit have a limit for number of loaded mobs. Usually it's like 72 on a free servers (1Gb RAM, 1GHz CPU). That includes ~11 species plus their "children". Increase that by 10 and nights can become a Hell for a small server with only 3-4 players.
BRICK wrote:498 zombies in the same place
Are you sure you're talking about zombies and not entities (SAO or CAO)?
BRICK wrote:change the spawn rate of the zombies so that there's less of them
I haven't looked at the source, but if not this should be configurable:
- limit for total and each species number
- speed, attack and defence of a mob
- instant despawn if a mob has spawned with X mobs of the same kind/any kind inside Y radius of a position where it has spawned %|
Last edited by 4aiman on Wed Mar 12, 2014 05:44, edited 1 time in total.