[Modpack] Creatures MOB-Engine [2.3.1] [cme]

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

[Modpack] Creatures MOB-Engine [2.3.1] [cme]

by BlockMen » Sat Feb 22, 2014 08:25

Image

This mod provides a MOB-Engine and adds several creatures to the game. It is ment to be modular, so you can add the Mobs you like. By default included are Ghosts, Zombies, Sheep, Chicken and Oerrki.


Creatures:

ImageZombies can spawn at every time of day in the world as long there is not too much light. So you will find some in caves, dark forests and of cause a lot at night. If they notice you they will attack. Zombies have 20 HP (like players) and drop sometimes rotten flesh on death. On day Zombies die because of the sunlight.

ImageGhosts only spawn at night-time and they don't spawn underground. They are flying in the world and attack you aswell if they notice you. Ghosts have 15 HP and don't drop any items atm (might be changed in future).They can't harm you in your house. If it becomes day Ghosts will take damage by the sunlight, so they will die after a while.

ImageSheep spawn only at day-time and are friendly mobs. They remain around 5 minutes in the world unless they are tamed with 5 wheat (rightclick). There are four different wool colors: white, grey, brown and black. If there is grass (dirt with grass) they eat the grass and make new wool that way. Sheep have 8 HP and drop 1-2 wool when punched or sheared with shears. They need to eat grass until they can give wool again.

ImageChicken are friendly and spawn only at day-time too. They drop randomly eggs and remain 5 minutes. Currently you can't tame or breed them. They drop chicken meat and feather(s) on death. Eggs can be thrown to spawn (rarely) new chicken, or cooked in furnace to gain fried eggs, which are eatable.

ImageOerrki spawn only at night on stone or dirt like blocks. They attack players and make more damage than Zombies or Ghosts. Daylight can't harm them.


Notice: Weapons and tools get damaged when hitting a mob. The wearout is calculated on the strength
of the tools/weapons. The more damage they can do the longer they can be used.

Example:
- Diamond Sword: 1500 uses
- Wooden Sword: 30 uses



Download:
Version 2.3.1: Download (requires Minetest 0.4.13 or newer)

Github: Creatures MOB-Engine (cme)
older versions: https://github.com/BlockMen/cme/releases

License:
Source code: modified zlib-License
Textures: CC-BY-SA 3.0
Sounds: CC0 and CC-BY 3.0 (see Readme.txt for more information)

Depends: (all included in Minetest Game / NeXt)
default
farming (optional)
wool (optional)
Last edited by BlockMen on Mon Nov 09, 2015 19:42, edited 13 times in total.
 

MrElmux
Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 09:50
Location: North Western Germany

by MrElmux » Sat Feb 22, 2014 08:53

Nice work especially the graphics, you could merge the zombies with animals modpack, their graphics are not that nice at the moment
 

User avatar
cHyper
Member
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 08:49
Location: Austria
IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

by cHyper » Sat Feb 22, 2014 08:58

awesome
--------------------------------------------------------
 

User avatar
Krock
Member
 
Posts: 3577
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:48
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sat Feb 22, 2014 09:29

+1
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>
 

User avatar
RHR
Member
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 20:07
GitHub: RHRhino

by RHR » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:08

Nice mod! It makes lot's of fun to play!

Here are some suggestions:
Raw rotten flesh should harm you and cooked rotten flesh should give you HP back.
Swords get damage, but pickaxes, axes and shovels don't get damage by using them as weapon, that shoud be changed.
Ghosts could drop strings, white flowers/white dye or glass fragments
Could you add bones dropped by zombies. (for bonemeal-mod: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5429 )
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Developer
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:14

Why do you increase your timers by 0.01 each on_step() instead of dtime?
 

User avatar
AMMOnym
Member
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 14:18
Location: Slovakia
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:37

Image In night i could find only this. But when day began that mummies transform into ghosts and zombies. So i think than its not compatible with pyramids mod.
Last edited by AMMOnym on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Sat Feb 22, 2014 13:16

MrElmux wrote:Nice work especially the graphics, you could merge the zombies with animals modpack, their graphics are not that nice at the moment


Nope, sry. But if sapier wants use my model and graphics he can do that ofc.

RHR wrote:Nice mod! It makes lot's of fun to play!

Here are some suggestions:
Raw rotten flesh should harm you and cooked rotten flesh should give you HP back.
Swords get damage, but pickaxes, axes and shovels don't get damage by using them as weapon, that shoud be changed.
Ghosts could drop strings, white flowers/white dye or glass fragments
Could you add bones dropped by zombies. (for bonemeal-mod: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5429 )

Not sure about the rotten flesh, but lets see. You are right, tools should get damage too.
I like the idea of strings, i guess that will be added. And another option would be getting back bones after eating the rotten flesh?

AMMOnym wrote:http://i.imgur.com/STlKkM7.png In night i could find only this. But when day began that mummies transform into ghosts and zombies. So i think than its not compatible with pyramids mod.


Thanks for reporting. Is fixed in 1.0.1 now ;)
 

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
 
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
Location: United States
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: WisdomFire or philipbenr

by philipbenr » Sat Feb 22, 2014 18:49

BlockMen wrote:Please give Feedback and ideas for improvement


Slight glow to the ghost? I don't know how easily that could be achieved, but I think that would be sort of cool. Also, nice work. I look forward to seeing some more cool mobs. ;) Also, there could be phantom slayer weapons, like an enchanted sword that destroys the mobs faster than other swords.
"The Foot is down!"
 

dethegeek
New member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 18:58

by dethegeek » Sat Feb 22, 2014 19:14

Hi

I'm trying minetest since a few days, and I created a dedicated server to have fun with it. I'm searching and adding mods to make my world a survival game.

Several mods are already here. When I enable your mod, and join the game to see your creatures (they are really great !) I have a bug issue with framerate. The game renders at less than 1 FPS. After several tries, I found there are very huge amount of creatures around me, probably a hundred of zombies. I even tried on a computer with a new Georce GTX 660.

It seems I'm the only guy having this issue, so I guess there is a incompatibility between your mod and an other. I noticed I had no luck until now : I always joined the game at night, and there was no other player in the world. This may be useful to reproduce my issue. I'll try to join the game at day.

What can we do to fix my issue ?

Thanks for your mod !

EDIT : Add a screenshot : after playing the whole ingame night : all these zombies were near my house, but the sun began to rise...
Attachments
a night in the HELL.tif
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 176 times
Last edited by dethegeek on Sat Feb 22, 2014 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
 

jenova99sephiros
Member
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 15:16
In-game: Jenova

by jenova99sephiros » Sun Feb 23, 2014 03:13

Very cool!

Idea of the drop of ghost!


Ghosts drop the 1Spirits!
Be to nine the Craft Spirits, Spirits ball,
Arranging three Spirits ball, become Spirits Ingot!

And the Spirits Ingot with the performance of the average Mese!
I english google translator
 

User avatar
Excalibur Zero
Member
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 19:45
Location: United States
GitHub: ExcaliburZero

by Excalibur Zero » Sun Feb 23, 2014 05:33

This mod is very good. It really gives the game a bigger difference between day and night. As day becomes more about building, while night becomes more about mining and fighting.

I'd love to see more mobs added. And it would be good if there was more of a benefit to defeat mobs than just outrunning them. Currently the zombies drop a new item, but there is currently no use for it, so some sort of use for it would be good. It would be interesting to have mobs that only have a chance of dropping a special item, so you'd have to defeat more of them to acquire it.

I like how there are land mobs (zombies) and air mobs (ghosts). It adds a lot more variation to the game, as you have to build a house or structure that keeps out mobs from a vertical perspective as well as the usual horizontal perspective.
 

User avatar
Linxx
Member
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 00:37

by Linxx » Sun Feb 23, 2014 07:58

._. ectoplasm for ghosts :3
 

User avatar
natan.virgiliio
Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 22:01

by natan.virgiliio » Mon Feb 24, 2014 19:40

Eu tenho uma pergunta você pode colocar OVELHA seria uma grande idéia
Last edited by natan.virgiliio on Fri Feb 28, 2014 02:23, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Mon Feb 24, 2014 19:45

This mod is veeeery good! Congratulations!
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com
 

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:45

dethegeek wrote:Hi

I'm trying minetest since a few days, and I created a dedicated server to have fun with it. I'm searching and adding mods to make my world a survival game.

Several mods are already here. When I enable your mod, and join the game to see your creatures (they are really great !) I have a bug issue with framerate. The game renders at less than 1 FPS. After several tries, I found there are very huge amount of creatures around me, probably a hundred of zombies. I even tried on a computer with a new Georce GTX 660.

It seems I'm the only guy having this issue, so I guess there is a incompatibility between your mod and an other. I noticed I had no luck until now : I always joined the game at night, and there was no other player in the world. This may be useful to reproduce my issue. I'll try to join the game at day.

What can we do to fix my issue ?

Thanks for your mod !

EDIT : Add a screenshot : after playing the whole ingame night : all these zombies were near my house, but the sun began to rise...


Well, obviously there shouldn't be that much zombies. Do you use Minetest 0.4.9 stable or a current indev version? And the spawning code needs to be improved anyway so this should be fixed in some of next releases.

Excalibur Zero wrote:-snip-
And it would be good if there was more of a benefit to defeat mobs than just outrunning them. Currently the zombies drop a new item, but there is currently no use for it, so some sort of use for it would be good. It would be interesting to have mobs that only have a chance of dropping a special item, so you'd have to defeat more of them to acquire it.
-snip-


Good Point. A rare drop of special items wouldn't be wrong i guess. (For ghosts too then ofc)

--

Next Mob will be friendly:
Image
 

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
 
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
Location: United States
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: WisdomFire or philipbenr

by philipbenr » Wed Feb 26, 2014 15:31



Alright! I can't wait. I love the progress on this mod already. Are you going to include this in your minetest+ game?
Last edited by philipbenr on Wed Feb 26, 2014 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
"The Foot is down!"
 

User avatar
natan.virgiliio
Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 22:01

by natan.virgiliio » Fri Feb 28, 2014 07:27

why don't you put pigs
BlockMen wrote:
dethegeek wrote:Hi

I'm trying minetest since a few days, and I created a dedicated server to have fun with it. I'm searching and adding mods to make my world a survival game.

Several mods are already here. When I enable your mod, and join the game to see your creatures (they are really great !) I have a bug issue with framerate. The game renders at less than 1 FPS. After several tries, I found there are very huge amount of creatures around me, probably a hundred of zombies. I even tried on a computer with a new Georce GTX 660.

It seems I'm the only guy having this issue, so I guess there is a incompatibility between your mod and an other. I noticed I had no luck until now : I always joined the game at night, and there was no other player in the world. This may be useful to reproduce my issue. I'll try to join the game at day.

What can we do to fix my issue ?

Thanks for your mod !

EDIT : Add a screenshot : after playing the whole ingame night : all these zombies were near my house, but the sun began to rise...


Well, obviously there shouldn't be that much zombies. Do you use Minetest 0.4.9 stable or a current indev version? And the spawning code needs to be improved anyway so this should be fixed in some of next releases.

Excalibur Zero wrote:-snip-
And it would be good if there was more of a benefit to defeat mobs than just outrunning them. Currently the zombies drop a new item, but there is currently no use for it, so some sort of use for it would be good. It would be interesting to have mobs that only have a chance of dropping a special item, so you'd have to defeat more of them to acquire it.
-snip-


Good Point. A rare drop of special items wouldn't be wrong i guess. (For ghosts too then ofc)

--

Next Mob will be friendly:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/n0beq3gbcgfky6d/screenshot_578212654.png
 

gsmanners
Member
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 21:37

by gsmanners » Fri Feb 28, 2014 20:29

I have some suggestions:

- Make ghosts only spawn on grass. That will insure they don't spawn in caves above y = 0.
- Rather than using get_objects_inside_radius() for your search, you should probably use get_connected_players() and compare their positions. Would probably go a lot faster.
- Also, if you could put in a line of sight check into the search, that would be awesome.
Last edited by gsmanners on Fri Feb 28, 2014 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
 

yaman
Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 21:22

by yaman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 02:09

very good mod :D Best mob mod I have ever seen! can't wait for sheep and other mobs. I also like your other mods like the pyramid one
 

User avatar
AMMOnym
Member
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 14:18
Location: Slovakia
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:00

[spoiler]
11:57:23: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
11:57:23: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: ...ktop\hry\minetest-0.4.8\bin\..\
mods\creatures/zombie.lua:361: attempt to index a nil value
11:57:23: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
11:57:23: ERROR[main]: ...ktop\hry\minetest-0.4.8\bin\..\mods\creatures/zombie.
lua:361: in function <...ktop\hry\minetest-0.4.8\bin\..\mods\creatures/zombie.lu
a:185>
Loaded texture: C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/hry/minetest-0.4.8/games/minetest_game/me
nu/header.png
Resizing window (800 600)
[/spoiler] ?? >.< ??
 

jenova99sephiros
Member
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 15:16
In-game: Jenova

by jenova99sephiros » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29

Please add mesecon spawn block and spawner block!
I english google translator
 

BRICK
Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 01:36

by BRICK » Tue Mar 11, 2014 19:57

I love this mod - excellent appearance, excellent AI for the mobs and they work remarkably smoothly.

There is one problem that is bothering me though:
I'm running a creative server, and whenever night falls, the zombies and ghosts spawn by the hundreds. Literally, for every 10x10 area of ground, there will be at least 5-9 zombies. This is tolerable, but after a while the entire game will crash due to too many entities existing in the same place (I've gotten error messages saying that there were 498 zombies in the same place).

I really want to include this mod, but I don't want the game to crash during the night!
I'm brand new to lua, so could you help me change the spawn rate of the zombies so that there's less of them?

Thanks!
 

Daven
Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 21:51
Location: Inside the white whale

by Daven » Wed Mar 12, 2014 01:35

The sounds creep me out
 

4aiman
Member
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 05:47

by 4aiman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 05:43

BRICK wrote:excellent AI

AI is not excellent. It took like 10 seconds for a zombie to jump on a block. It tried but failed so many... many many many many times... ((c) Dr. Neo Cortex)

BRICK wrote:smoothly

Smooth they are. But ghosts are to fast to my mind. This kind of problem was actual for the earlier versions of PilzAdam's mobs.

BRICK wrote:I'm running a creative server, and whenever night falls, the zombies and ghosts spawn by the hundreds.

That's why "crappy" Minecraft's servers like bukkit have a limit for number of loaded mobs. Usually it's like 72 on a free servers (1Gb RAM, 1GHz CPU). That includes ~11 species plus their "children". Increase that by 10 and nights can become a Hell for a small server with only 3-4 players.

BRICK wrote:498 zombies in the same place

Are you sure you're talking about zombies and not entities (SAO or CAO)?

BRICK wrote:change the spawn rate of the zombies so that there's less of them

I haven't looked at the source, but if not this should be configurable:
- limit for total and each species number
- speed, attack and defence of a mob
- instant despawn if a mob has spawned with X mobs of the same kind/any kind inside Y radius of a position where it has spawned %|
Last edited by 4aiman on Wed Mar 12, 2014 05:44, edited 1 time in total.
 

Next

Return to Mod Releases

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AiTechEye, jimy and 1 guest