[Modpack] Creatures MOB-Engine [2.3.1] [cme]

thetoon

by thetoon » Post

4aiman wrote: AI is not excellent. It took like 10 seconds for a zombie to jump on a block. It tried but failed so many... many many many many times... ((c) Dr. Neo Cortex)
Not that it's an intended behaviour (I can't tell : I'm not the author), but I guess it's not that bad for a zombie after all :)
I haven't looked at the source, but if not this should be configurable:
- limit for total and each species number
- speed, attack and defence of a mob
- instant despawn if a mob has spawned with X mobs of the same kind/any kind inside Y radius of a position where it has spawned %|
These sound like very nice ideas to me.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

thetoon wrote:Not that it's an intended behaviour (I can't tell : I'm not the author), but I guess it's not that bad for a zombie after all :)
Maybe you're right about zombie should be unable to jump properly "in real life" ))

You see, I'm suffering from imprinting syndrome. Minecraft was the first sandbox game for me.
And I watched it development since 1.0 to 1.6.2, so I perfectly remember the 1.2.5 update when zombies had began bashing the doors (would be a nice feature) and packing into groups, slowly forcing their way to a player or a villager mob with one desire - to eat some brains. (Well, that last one comes when you're dead :)

Blockmen may say he's not trying to copy MC, but his zombies look close enough and they're animated close enough. So I expected zombies to be able to jump w/o any problems and follow you wherever you go just to kick your a**. :)

thetoon

by thetoon » Post

4aiman wrote:You see, I'm suffering from imprinting syndrome. Minecraft was the first sandbox game for me.
That's probably why we should keep MT at a respectable distance from MC. There's no way a "pixel to pixel" clone could be perfect.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

4aiman wrote:You see, I'm suffering from imprinting syndrome. Minecraft was the first sandbox game for me.
HA! That's funny. I have the same issue but in reverse. MT was my first sandbox game and whenever I play MC with my daughter, I gripe about the things I got used to on MT (biggest one is that "deep" mines in MC are 40-60 blocks deep).

teamcrafterz

by teamcrafterz » Post

I like a this mod im a old accon a name is a hansuke123 now is a new accoun this name is a teamcrafterz :D :D

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

thetoon wrote:That's probably why we should keep MT at a respectable distance from MC. There's no way a "pixel to pixel" clone could be perfect.
I don't think we should. Like Jouster27 said, MT already have features that MC doesn't have.
So, If it would be possible to reimplement MC features for MT - those features will be made some day as a mods. Then MC would be a crappy spin-off *sinister laughter*

I'm not for changing the default game of MT. I'm for the opportunity to have MC features (like animated wielditem textures ant eating animation).

Also, It would be nice to hear from those for whom MT was the 1st sandbox which features they miss in MC. Jouster27, could you create a new topic in the offtopic and hear your experience and possible caused by "MT-imprinting" problems/things that you miss :)

thetoon

by thetoon » Post

4aiman wrote:Then MC would be a crappy spin-off *sinister laughter*
They are a few years ahead of us, with a bit more "horsepower". So no, I don't think that'll ever happen.
I'm not for changing the default game of MT. I'm for the opportunity to have MC features (like animated wielditem textures ant eating animation).
I'd love that too, but I do think it should be a low-priority goal for MT. Living its own life (and, with regards to games, an original, MT-only, game concept) is much more important IMHO.
Also, It would be nice to hear from those for whom MT was the 1st sandbox which features they miss in MC.
I'm part of them, and quite frankly I still play MC from time to time, and there's no way they could compare. MT is free-as-in-speech, free-as-in-no-java-inside, it runs almost "as-is" on mobile devices. These are MT's strengths. MC, on the other, has months of polish, tweaking and balance we can't afford (yet?). Not to mention they DO have great mods too (just their modding environment is a complete joke, but that's not what end-users care about). It's not about features - MT could end up having them all - it's about everything else.

I'd love to see "MC redone in MT", but I'd also - if not more - love to see much different projects "done in MT" : seafaring, zeppelin-flying, first-person-shooting, racing, climbing-to-the-moon, and so on... The sky's the limit, and in MT that's quite a couple of chunks up there.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Like your entire post and see your point. I have a different one, though. But can live with that happily.
The only thing I'd like to comment:
thetoon wrote:These are MT's strengths.
Freedom is not the first thing to consider for many players where I live. I could've tell quite a lot, but rather refrain from it. :) I only ask of you to not make any assumptions about this, please.

Anyway, it would be great to hear from Blockmen about ToDos

thetoon

by thetoon » Post

4aiman wrote:Like your entire post and see your point. I have a different one, though. But can live with that happily.
Likewise.
Freedom is not the first thing to consider for many players where I live.
Neither where I live, nor anywhere around our good old non-cubic world : I haven't put MT's strengths in any particular order.

Still, it's a strength, even if most people won't see it directly (but will enjoy, for instance, not having to pay for it).

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

Update! Version 1.1 released

Changelog:
- new mob: sheep
- fixed crash caused by unknown node
- fixed spawning, added spawn limit
- fixed weapon & tool damage
- tweaked and restructured code
- ghosts only spawn on grass and desert-sand blocks
- ghosts have now 12 HP (instead 15 HP)
- zombies don't jump over fences anymore

The drops are not changed yet, will be done next version.

u34

by u34 » Post

awesome ...

more mobs... like cows, pigs and spiders ;)
Last edited by u34 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

AMMOnym wrote:Bigs?
Phoebe could've tell you more about them.
*Ignore me*

u34

by u34 » Post

with version 1.1 no mob spawns ... are there any problems? i use latest dev version!

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

cHyper wrote:awesome ...

I dont think i want add pigs or spiders right now. But since "more mobs" means more lags aswell the future mobs have to be chosen wisely. Or i will provide other animals as modules/addons. Dont know yet. Next version will include (possible fixes), and tweaking of current mobs.
cHyper wrote:with version 1.1 no mob spawns ... are there any problems? i use latest dev version!
Thats strange. I tested right now with lastest git (commit:e4d1970ab) and all three mobs spawn in world. even with MT 0.4.8 they seem to spawn normal...

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

When a sheep spawns, it gives me this error:

Code: Select all

15:57:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: Spawned creatures:sheep at (-4,3.5,-14)
15:57:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
15:57:58: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:236: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
15:57:58: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
15:57:58: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'random'
15:57:58: ERROR[main]:  ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:236: in function <...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:161>
Back from the dead!

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

Evergreen wrote:When a sheep spawns, it gives me this error:

15:57:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: Spawned creatures:sheep at (-4,3.5,-14)
15:57:58: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
15:57:58: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:236: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
15:57:58: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
15:57:58: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'random'
15:57:58: ERROR[main]:  ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:236: in function <...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:161>
Should be fixed here: https://github.com/BlockMen/creatures

EDIT: Download (first post) also updated
Last edited by BlockMen on Thu Mar 13, 2014 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Still a bug:

17:53:03: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:238: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
17:53:03: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
17:53:03: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'random'
Back from the dead!

BlockMen
Developer

by BlockMen » Post

Evergreen wrote:Still a bug:

17:53:03: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...en/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/creatures/sheep.lua:238: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
17:53:03: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
17:53:03: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'random'
Oh, well. But now its fixed ;)

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

Please can you add this two classic monster : Oerkki and Dungeon Master ?
Last edited by AMMOnym on Fri Mar 14, 2014 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

BlockMen wrote:
cHyper wrote:awesome ...

I dont think i want add pigs or spiders right now. But since "more mobs" means more lags aswell the future mobs have to be chosen wisely. Or i will provide other animals as modules/addons. Dont know yet. Next version will include (possible fixes), and tweaking of current mobs.
cHyper wrote:with version 1.1 no mob spawns ... are there any problems? i use latest dev version!
Thats strange. I tested right now with lastest git (commit:e4d1970ab) and all three mobs spawn in world. even with MT 0.4.8 they seem to spawn normal...
You know, you could add extensions to this, like have the basic, and then you have to download more if you would like more mobs.

heavy gale
GitHub: heavygale
IRC: heavygale
In-game: Max or heavygale

by heavy gale » Post

Overall a great mod, thanks BlockMen!

Is this how many sheeps and zombies are supposed to spawn?
[IMG1] [IMG2] [IMG3] [IMG4] [IMG5]

Why are the creatures blinking (light white and grey)?

It's really noisy with all the zombies in the underground. In some caves are many zombies, don't they ever despawn?

If I want to remove the mod, how to remove all remaining creatures and dropped flesh?
Last edited by heavy gale on Fri Mar 14, 2014 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

I think in general it is better to separate the actual code for the mobs and the mobs themselves into seperate mods. So we can collaboratively work on the underlying code and have one unified mob mod, while everyone can use those creatures they want in their game (personally I like the old mobs).
heavy gale wrote:If I want to remove the mod, how to remove all remaining creatures and dropped flesh?
In the chat type "/clearobjects"
Last edited by Casimir on Fri Mar 14, 2014 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

heavy gale
GitHub: heavygale
IRC: heavygale
In-game: Max or heavygale

by heavy gale » Post

There's still a problem with the ghost wenn a player leaves:

21:07:22: ACTION[ServerThread]: Max leaves game. List of players: 
21:07:22: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ...est-minetest-db98ef6/bin/../mods/creatures/ghost.lua:280: attempt to index local 'p' (a nil value)

"/clearobjects" removes all objects minetest doesn't recognize because I removed the according mods? nice :)
Last edited by heavy gale on Fri Mar 14, 2014 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

klappspaten

by klappspaten » Post

heavy gale wrote:"/clearobjects" removes all objects minecraft doesn't recognize because I removed the according mods? nice :)
No, it removes ALL objects, e.g. uncollected saplings lying around or items thrown away. It will also remove placed carts, cars, boats, etc - all objects.

NyankoSensei

by NyankoSensei » Post

Nice, this update work really fine with 0.4.9, thanks for your work, just 1 ask, how i can increase mobs damage ?