[Mod] Baked Clay [1.2] [bakedclay]

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

[Mod] Baked Clay [1.2] [bakedclay]

by TenPlus1 » Post

This is my rendition of a coloured clay mod that allows you to bake clay into hardened blocks and use default dye's to colour them... I've also added some extra dye recipe's to make colouring easier and a few new plants that can be made into dye also... To colour place 8x baked clay (any colour) and a dye in the centre... Coloured clay blocks can be cooked in a furnace to give decorative Glazed Terracotta blocks.

ContentDB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/T ... /bakedclay

License: MIT

Lucky Blocks: 10
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Mon Oct 09, 2023 17:25, edited 37 times in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Pictures of the new nodes would be a very good idea :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Baked Clay [0.3] [bakedclay]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Added Stairs and Slabs for each clay colour...

gamergardencat

by gamergardencat » Post

Maybe someone will make a pottery mod with meshes that uses this.
superman slices a giant apple into 3 and hands it to guest220

srifqi
GitHub: srifqi
IRC: srifqi
In-game: srifqi

by srifqi » Post

+1

I should add biome that uses this mod! (for my mod, amgmt)
Saya dari Indonesia! · Terjemahkan Minetest! · my mods · My nickname in IPA: /es.rif.qi/

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

srifqi: that's what I did with Ethereal by adding a mesa biome :) red and orange clay...

srifqi

by srifqi » Post

Okay, I'll add biome like that. Any suggestion for name?
"mesa"
"red land"
"canyon"
"grand canyon"
"hard and dry"
Saya dari Indonesia! · Terjemahkan Minetest! · my mods · My nickname in IPA: /es.rif.qi/

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I took the name Mesa from minecraft itself, if you google some images for the biome in mc you will find some interesting images :)

srifqi

by srifqi » Post

I'm understand.
*Looks great!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

TenPlus1 wrote: Added Stairs and Slabs for each clay colour...
That's good. Then I can probably finally post the house I originally built on Xanandu and which fell victim to griefers.
gamergardencat wrote: Maybe someone will make a pottery mod with meshes that uses this.
That would be nice. Having some very simple pottery models standing around or beeing available as trade items/decoration would be great. Not quite what homedecor aims for, but almost.
A list of my mods can be found here.

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Baked Clay [0.5] [bakedclay]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Updated to 0.5

- Now using minecraft recipe to colour clay (8x baked clay, 1x dye in centre)

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Baked Clay [0.6] [bakedclay]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Updated to 0.6

- Added 3 new flowers and 1 new grass which can be made into missing dye colours (dark green, pink, magenta, cyan) .

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Baked Clay [0.7] [bakedclay]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Updated to 0.7

- Added support for stairsplus so that stairs are registered properly

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

I like the new flowers.
Also added support for these flowers in mymonths. :)
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Nice one :) thanks Nathan.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Nice mod :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Update:

- Added recipe to craft 2x2 red bakedclay into 16x clay bricks.

ektor
IRC: dtarcz
In-game: ektor

by ektor » Post

Hi TenPlus1, I have an issue with my server when it start :

Code: Select all

WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_brick -> nether:stair_brick
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_brick -> nether:slab_brick
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_white -> bakedclay:stair_white
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_white -> bakedclay:slab_white
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_grey -> bakedclay:stair_grey
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_grey -> bakedclay:slab_grey
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_black -> bakedclay:stair_black
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_black -> bakedclay:slab_black
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_red -> bakedclay:stair_red
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_red -> bakedclay:slab_red
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_yellow -> bakedclay:stair_yellow
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_yellow -> bakedclay:slab_yellow
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_green -> bakedclay:stair_green
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_green -> bakedclay:slab_green
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_cyan -> bakedclay:stair_cyan
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_cyan -> bakedclay:slab_cyan
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_blue -> bakedclay:stair_blue
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_blue -> bakedclay:slab_blue
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_magenta -> bakedclay:stair_magenta
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_magenta -> bakedclay:slab_magenta
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_orange -> bakedclay:stair_orange
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_orange -> bakedclay:slab_orange
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_violet -> bakedclay:stair_violet
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_violet -> bakedclay:slab_violet
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_brown -> bakedclay:stair_brown
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_brown -> bakedclay:slab_brown
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_pink -> bakedclay:stair_pink
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_pink -> bakedclay:slab_pink
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_dark_grey -> bakedclay:stair_dark_grey
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_dark_grey -> bakedclay:slab_dark_grey
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:stair_dark_green -> bakedclay:stair_dark_green
WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: stairs:slab_dark_green -> bakedclay:slab_dark_green
And I wondering if it is'nt because I install also your fork of wool mod and bakedclay together ?
The thread to solve this is here if you want to have an eye : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18227&p=287133#p287001
Vive Minetest!

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Baked Clay registers each colour stair as bakedclay_red_slab or bakedclay_orange_stair so none of the above errors are coming from the mod unless it's something to do with stairs plus mod ??? I could remove stairsplus support and leave it to the mod to make it's own stairs since it registered every solid node into stairs.

TenPlus1

Updated to version 0.8

by TenPlus1 » Post

- Clay blocks now cook into natural hardened clay which can then be dyed
- Tweaked and added lucky blocks

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

Re: Updated to version 0.8

by FreeGamers » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:- Clay blocks now cook into natural hardened clay which can then be dyed
- Tweaked and added lucky blocks
Thanks for this mod. I really enjoy this and cblocks for a nice set of colorful basic blocks.

In my log, I noticed that having clay listed in the table creates an uncraftable recipe in the code. Not really a problem though. Seems like just a side-effect of adding "natural" into the main table.

{
input = {
bakedclay = 8,
["dye:natural"] = 1
},
output = "bakedclay:natural 8",
}
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Baked Clay [0.8] [bakedclay]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Thanks FreeGamers, recipe removed :)

TenPlus1

Updated to version 0.9

by TenPlus1 » Post

- Added support for technic cnc machine

Out`Of`Control
GitHub: 00c
In-game: Evil

Re: [Mod] Baked Clay [0.9] [bakedclay]

by Out`Of`Control » Post

Hi.
running server 5.2.0
On start up bakedclay mod crashes server with following error
ModError: Failed to load and run script from /bin/../games/****/mods/bakedclay/init.lua:
bakedclay/init.lua:61: attempt to call method 'register_alias_all' (a nil value)
/games/****/mods/bakedclay/init.lua:61: in main chunk
line 61 looks as this:
stairsplus:register_alias_all("bakedclay", clay[1], "bakedclay", "baked_clay_" .. clay[1])

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Baked Clay [0.9] [bakedclay]

by TenPlus1 » Post

~Out'of'control - I ran a new world with bakedclay and moreblocks with stairplus active and never got the above error using minetest 5.2. What other mods do you have active as it works fine here ?