[Mod] Farming Redo [1.48] [farming]

Slightly
In-game: Slightly

Re: Updated to Version 1.47:

by Slightly » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:39

- Moved mapgen decoration into each crop file
I'd like Ethereal alone to control my crop generation so I can make each biome more distinctive. Will this interfere with that? I seem to see some crops in areas I didn't before. Before, it was easy. All I had to do was comment out the call to mapgen in the farming init file and edit my decor in Ethereal.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Farming Redo [1.47] [farming]

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Slightly - You can still make changes to the ethereal mapgen decor in each crop .lua file if you want, or add a new mod that soft depends on ethereal to add its own decor. What is it you are changing ?

Slightly

by Slightly » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 06:57
@Slightly - You can still make changes to the ethereal mapgen decor in each crop .lua file if you want, or add a new mod that soft depends on ethereal to add its own decor. What is it you are changing ?
For the crops, i just want more control over which biomes they show in and how they are distributed inside them to apppear to grow in more natural patterns.

For now I just removed mapgen from farming completely. I've done the same with a number of mods, so I can control biomes, decor, and schema all from one place. I'm sure there is a better way, but I don't know it and I'm aware this would not play well with others. Its currently for my use while i work out biomes I like.

This may be OT, but would some manner of manipulating dependencies turn off mapgen from other mods so that only one, such as Ethereal, controls it all, while still allowing access to their nodes, etc?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Slightly - For now ethereal only removes default biomes and decor but will not touch other mods, if you could list the changes you make to have biomes look more natural they could maybe end up as default settings.

Slightly

by Slightly » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 16:55
@Slightly - For now ethereal only removes default biomes and decor but will not touch other mods, if you could list the changes you make to have biomes look more natural they could maybe end up as default settings.
Thanks, that answers my question. Such a mod would involve deregistering biomes and decorations. No, I haven't changed farming mapgen since I removed it. All my work is in my heavily modified Ethereal. I have extensive changes there, but that's OT here. I think changing farming I would have different priorities so it could stand alone. I'll give it some thought.

TenPlus1

Update:

by TenPlus1 » Post

- New pumpkin block and jack 'o lantern textures (thanks alerikaisattera)

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 16:55
For now ethereal only removes default biomes and decor but will not touch other mods...
This is not entirely true. Clearing biomes, ores, and decos happens to all mods loaded at the time the command is issued, which is why Aotearoa and Australia have never been compatible with Ethereal. They also clear biomes, ores and decos. Dependencies do not govern which other mods are loaded before Ethereal, just that those mods are listed as dependencies are loaded before Ethereal. The above mods load first, due to their names coming alphabetically before Ethereal. Ebiomes might also suffer this fate, but haven't checked. I've had to mod every biome producing mod, including valleys_c, just to accommodate a stock install of Ethereal, and its unwillingness to provide settings to disable the clearing of biomes, ores and decos.

Requiring Ethereal to be in the dependency chain for any other biome producing mod is not the answer. Adding the code changes I previously suggested in the Ethereal topic would address the issue Slightly raises, which is control over biomes, ores and decos produced by mods, and clearing of those in bank by other mods.

Tenplus1, please just add the code changes to the settings so that players can enjoy Ethereal with other mods that also produce biomes and decos.

Shad

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@ShadMOrdre - Ethereal only removes default biomes and decor to replace them with it's own, it doesnt clear everything.

This is what it does: https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/ethereal/s ... s_init.lua

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

Tenplus1,

This is a new change of which I was unaware. It looks like you only recently added those changes. While the updated code is an elegant solution, it fails to address two key issues.

While this may address which biomes and decos are removed, it still does not give the user the option to choose this functionality. Some of us may still want the default biomes to generate, or the default decos, alongside Ethereal content. It was this incompatibility and the lack of a simple choice for both Ethereal and valleys_c that prompted me to originally create what has evolved into gal.

I'm also not sold on clearing anything from other mods en banc, without being given some choice, an option or setting, to use this feature. I am actively encouraging other modders of biome producing mods to enact the same code addition, to provide a menu based setting to enable/disable this functionality.

A key reason is that deregistering anything can lead to issues with content_id. When biomes, ores and decos are registered, they are assigned a content_id. Any deco or ore that is registered to a biome receives the content_id of the biome to which it is registered, upon registration. When you deregister the biome, the ore and deco are no longer tied to a valid content_id, (ie, registered biome), thus ensuring that the ores and decos for those reregistered biomes are not necessarily generated, or worse, referencing an invalid content_id, potentially causing MT to crash.

I get what you are aiming for, and don't want the option to go away. I just want control over the option. This would also address the issues Slightly addressed in regards to control over biomes, ores, and decos.

On a side note, when registering biomes, ores and decorations, you can add the mod name to the biome, ore, deco name just like an itemstring, such as

Code: Select all

ethereal:bamboo_forest
. While there isn't much hope for default to be updated, if we biome modders use this naming scheme, it might make it easier to target biomes, ores and decos within the registrered_ tables, thus accommodating perhaps even more elegant solutions.

Shad

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@ShadMOrdre - Ethereal doesn't remove the ability to get contentid's from registered nodes, it only removes biome and biome decor. I have added a setting though "ethereal.clear_default_biomes" that you can disable to stop this.

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Noticed the onion image needed a little TLC.

Tried to create one - happy if you want to use or not TenPlus1 :)

Licence - CC0

10x preview
Onion_lrg.png
Onion_lrg.png (1.31 KiB) Viewed 4321 times
[/url]
Attachments
crops_onion.png
crops_onion.png (667 Bytes) Viewed 4321 times

Oblivious
In-game: Brielle

by Oblivious » Post

I don't know if this is a version compatibility issue or what, but I'm having trouble with grasses not dropping seeds.
I'm using 5.6.1. When I discovered the issue I had a lot of mods running, but I've tested it with a new work with just farming redo.

default:grass_ isn't dropping wheat and oat seeds
default:dry_grass_ isn't dropping rye or barley

Jungle grass is still dropping cotton and rice.

I've been checking this in unified inventory because in will tell you if you can get an item by digging a node.

I assume there's some difference between the names MTG is now giving the grasses and the names used in the grass.lua file, but I am not a coder. I tried fiddling with it and just broke the game.

I'd also like to be able to adjust that file so various grasses in the Wilhelmine natural biomes mod drop seeds, but that's a secondary matter.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Oblivious - Only the longer grasses drop seeds (grass_4/5, dry_grass_4/5), although if enough players wish I can return it to default behaviour.

Oblivious

by Oblivious » Post

Okay. So, if I wait long enough, there'll be long grass and I'll be able to get seeds?

Oblivious

by Oblivious » Post

I figured out how to make the seeds drop from grass in other mods!
I just had to add the modified copy of grass.lua in the other mod and tell the unit file to run it.

I'm kinda excited because I can barely manage to do html formatting.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Oblivious - Yeah, patience and plenty of long grass will get you the seeds you need, kinda like pokemon :P

TenPlus1

Update:

by TenPlus1 » Post

- Seeds created by using register_plant are now placed in world and germinate into stage_1 of crop.
- Seeds created manually needs the {growing=1} group and next_plant="farming:myplant_1" set.

TenPlus1

Important Update:

by TenPlus1 » Post

- Returned to default water check for soil (within 3 nodes, all axis)
- Updated wet soil -> dry soil check to be more efficient
- Checks for seeds on soil as well as plants/crops before changing to normal dirt

Tim790
GitHub: Tim79000
In-game: Tim7

by Tim790 » Post

sirrobzeroone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 08:33
Noticed the onion image needed a little TLC.

Tried to create one - happy if you want to use or not TenPlus1 :)

Licence - CC0

10x preview
Onion_lrg.png
Would prefer if Minetest Game apple shading was used, Minetest modders have a bad habit of basing textures off of Minecraft standards.
Yeet.

dorensbach

Re: Updated to Version 1.47:

by dorensbach » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:39
- Added new crops: asparagus, spinach and eggplant (thanks Atlante)
- Added Chili Powder (thanks Atlante)
- New Onigiri and Rice textures (thanks Atlante)
- Moved mapgen decoration into each crop file
- Updated Ethereal NG and Bonemeal mods to use new crops
- Added visible change in selection box to show when crop is grown
Where do I find asparagus, spinach and eggplant?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Asparagus is found on dirt with grass, spinach and eggplant in decidouos forest,

TenPlus1

Update:

by TenPlus1 » Post

- Placeable mint, sunflower and rice seeds
- Crops wave in the wind

Diablosxm
GitHub: Diablosxm
IRC: Diablosxm
In-game: Diablosxm

by Diablosxm » Post

Hi ,
I try 'farming.register_hoe' for a mod but every time is crash with this error,
attempt to index global 'farming' (a nil value)
i think the api itis clear for the definition i dont known what i m missing.

br

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Diablosxm wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 21:09
Hi ,

br
I suspect you have not added farming as a dependency in your mod.conf (ref), so your mod loads before farming and so it sees nil.

Your mod.conf should look something like this:

name = farming_more_hoes
description = Adds more hoes for farming redo and Minetest Game
depends = farming, default
author = Diablosxm
title = More Hoes for Farming Redo
Don't include default if you don't need it. For instance, if your mod adds ores then don't add default, or if you use a mod like moreores then depend on it not on default.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Diablosxm
GitHub: Diablosxm
IRC: Diablosxm
In-game: Diablosxm

by Diablosxm » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 02:47
Diablosxm wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 21:09
Hi ,

br
I suspect you have not added farming as a dependency in your mod.conf (ref), so your mod loads before farming and so it sees nil.

Your mod.conf should look something like this:

name = farming_more_hoes
description = Adds more hoes for farming redo and Minetest Game
depends = farming, default
author = Diablosxm
title = More Hoes for Farming Redo
Don't include default if you don't need it. For instance, if your mod adds ores then don't add default, or if you use a mod like moreores then depend on it not on default.
thanks it works , that it so simple ...thank you and for the ref to, you known i am not really a dev , i just like some old mod.
if you interresting:
https://github.com/Diablosxm/minetest-emeralds.git

br