by Chibi ghost » Post

I don't know I keep on forgetting how to report the issue

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20170623-2005]

by VanessaE » Post

The only thing I can think of is leaf decay; maybe the "new" leaf decay code has some radius limit that isn't being applied at startup but rather at runtime.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

lister

by lister » Post

lister wrote:running a recent git for both the server and the subj. here's a bug that happened twice so far, but we are not clear on what triggers it:

Code: Select all

2017-06-29 15:31:08: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'moretrees' in callback node_on_timer(): ...bin/../mods/dreambuilder_modpack/moretrees/date_palm.lua:226: find_nodes_in_area(): area volume exceeds allowed value of 551368
2017-06-29 15:31:08: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-06-29 15:31:08: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'find_nodes_in_area'
2017-06-29 15:31:08: ERROR[Main]:       ...bin/../mods/dreambuilder_modpack/moretrees/date_palm.lua:226: in function 'find_fruit_trunks_near'
2017-06-29 15:31:08: ERROR[Main]:       ...bin/../mods/dreambuilder_modpack/moretrees/date_palm.lua:436: in function 'find_male_blossom'
2017-06-29 15:31:08: ERROR[Main]:       ...bin/../mods/dreambuilder_modpack/moretrees/date_palm.lua:543: in function <...bin/../mods/dreambuilder_modpack/moretrees/date_palm.lua:522>
wethinks we found the culprit, it has to do with miscalculation of the sect, which is passed to the find_fruit_trunks_near function, which then runs find_nodes_in_area on an area which is too big.

Code: Select all

diff --git a/moretrees/date_palm.lua b/moretrees/date_palm.lua
index 0c40b72..98a8c10 100644
--- a/moretrees/date_palm.lua
+++ b/moretrees/date_palm.lua
@@ -466,7 +466,7 @@ local function find_male_blossom_with_ftrunk(fbpos,ftpos)
                end
                -- Else do a new search
                if not mpalms.sect[sect_old] then
-                       mpalms.sect[sect_old], fpalms_list, all_mpalms_list = find_fruit_trunks_near(ftpos, {x = (sect_old + 4) % 3 - 1, z = (sect_old + 4) / 3 - 1})
+                       mpalms.sect[sect_old], fpalms_list, all_mpalms_list = find_fruit_trunks_near(ftpos, {x = (sect_old + 4) % 3 - 1, z = (sect_old + 4) % 3 - 1})
                        cache_changed = true
                        if sect_old == 0 then
                                -- Save the results if it is sector 0
we will keep testing, and in the meanwhile, where is the best place to report these?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

File an issue on the Moretrees github page, https://github.com/minetest-mods/moretrees/issues

I do appreciate the testing.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

lister

by lister » Post

this alone was not enough, and our paper-napkin computation shows the default pollination radius is a bit large, so we are testing with 96 now instead of default 120.

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20170703-2221]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20170703-2221, updated pipeworks and technic

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Vanessa, what do you think now about those mods that i reported you in some recent posts and pages? And... are you going to add new furniture are suggested by me?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

At this time, I have no plans to add any new mods. I still have a big TODO list for Homedecor but I will not be fulfilling it for a while.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

If i would could i would help you with HomeDecor. But as i can`t use Blender and don`t know LUA by sensely i am learning it to finish my mods first. Also, i am not able draw textures and majke models well now.

lister

by lister » Post

there seems to be no way to build the chimney tops via crafting. the recipes expect "stone slab", but cutting or mixing the stone produces "stone" halves.

lister

by lister » Post

another thing is, we tried shared locked doors & chests, and we found that /add seems to do nothing. it is supposed to populate the list of permitted users, but the list stays empty. /set <password> works as advertised though, oh well, it seems like a more useful way to share anyway.

another annoying thing about shared locked chests/furnaces is that shift-left-click does nothing.

unfortunately, and this is nothing you can fix within DB of course, all these locked doors do absolutely nothing. with latency over 1000ms and a mese tool it is possible to dig into absolutely any protected room, either through the walls, the ceiling, or even the double door. we tried :)

lister

Dreambuilder mobs

by lister » Post

here's something constructive, for a change :)

we've been looking over carbone mobs, and we like what we see. compared with animal modpack, which also features non-existent documentation (please correct us if we are wrong, we looked and we could not find anything besides the source comments), we can see how we can make interesting changes to it. the control over spawn preferences such as surface, hight, and light level, for example, is extremely easy to modify on a per-monster basis, which would allow designing "haunted" locations easier (that's what we were looking for in AM, but just could not figure it out).

the question is, what exactly is the status of that code? is carbone mobs as merged still under development? how likely are future merges? we would like to contribute more sensible/interesting settings, upstream if need be. we are REALLY sold on this DB pack, as you can tell, it actually seems to mostly work, which is more than we could ever achieve by gitting these mods separately :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Actually, carbone_mobs is basically a dead project, but since it still works, I still use it :-) I have been meaning to switch to something else like "mobs redo" maybe. Opinions?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Actually, carbone_mobs is basically a dead project, but since it still works, I still use it :-) I have been meaning to switch to something else like "mobs redo" maybe. Opinions?
No, no! Better add Alive ai, it is best mod. Also it must suit for Dreambuilder as npcs often build there, too.

lister

by lister » Post

we looked over mobs redo, and we like it. the code seems like cleaned-out, improved carbone, and we can instantly recognize interfaces for something like adding a mob which spawns on given surface, given light conditions, with given behavior, etc... we are going to disable the carbone mod and will start testing mobs redo when we get a chance.

we also looked at aliveai, and we are having the same problem as with animal modpack: it is not clear what is going on. where are the monsters defined? how can we change spawning behavior? our first priority is simple yet flexible hostile mobs which spawn in well-defined, predictable locations, while leaving most of the sun-lit surface safe. it looks like aliveai, while a very fun mod, is kind of specialized and complicated.

here's an off-the-wall comment/question too: we personally would like to see "workers". we envision something like a bender/flexo robot one can craft, drop, and pick up, with a simple interface consisting of

(1) inventory of digged stuff, take-only
(2) to-remove slot, possibly a text field, specifying a kind of node to be dug
(3) to-build slot, give-only, where a player can drop a stack of nodes to build
(4) cash slot, give-only, where a player can drop minegeld stacks or beer

flexo will wander around randomly, avoiding heights, and do the following tasks:

(1) mining: dig below and around if it finds to-remove node
(2) paving: jump and build below if it finds a node which is not to-build

each dig/build consumes minegeld. without minegeld, flexo simply wonders around. ideally, it would exhibit a kind of aliveai behavior, with digging & building something whimsical, but that's just icing on the cake.

other more complicated building behaviors may be defined later.

is there a mod around which does that? any suggestions on what could be forked/borrowed to create a new implementation?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

You can see in the code about what mobs spawn blocks on. I only know many npcs and some monsters spawn on dirt_with_grass blocks.
I have never seen like mod. I don`t see that mobs redo maybe is suitable for Dreambuilder. But npcs that can build, chat, survive and etc is that you need i think.

lister

by lister » Post

Andrey01 wrote:You can see in the code about what mobs spawn blocks on.
if you can link to the source file where that happens, we'd greatly appreciate it.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I know nothing about aliveai, and even less about any kind of workers mods, except that there have been a couple in the past. Don't recall what all they could do though.
Considering the namesake of this worker, it should occasionally drop bricks as a bonus. ;-)

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:I know nothing about aliveai, and even less about any kind of workers mods, except that there have been a couple in the past. Don't recall what all they could do though.
Considering the namesake of this worker, it should occasionally drop bricks as a bonus. ;-)
You can read it in the topic what adds this mod:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16083 The mod is really enough advanced for Minetest :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Andrey01, you misread lister's joke and my extension to it. The proposed names of the hypothetical workers are Bender and Flexo, who are characters from the TV series "Futurama".

Being robots, they must consume alcohol to keep themselves powered (ironically, this keeps them "sober" also; they become effectively "drunk" when they have too little alcohol). That's where the "stacks of beer" comment comes from.

Bender had a habit of dropping bricks out of his backside when he's especially scared (a reference to the slang term "shitting bricks"). That's what I was referring to.

I can't think of anything special about Flexo aside from his goatee and biting, sarcastic sense of humor.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Andrey01, you misread lister's joke and my extension to it. The proposed names of the hypothetical workers are Bender and Flexo, who are characters from the TV series "Futurama".

Being robots, they must consume alcohol to keep themselves powered (ironically, this keeps them "sober" also; they become effectively "drunk" when they have too little alcohol). That's where the "stacks of beer" comment comes from.

Bender had a habit of dropping bricks out of his backside when he's especially scared (a reference to the slang term "shitting bricks"). That's what I was referring to.

I can't think of anything special about Flexo aside from his goatee and biting, sarcastic sense of humor.
But i am talking no about it. Workers looks like more astronauts in suits, no robots. Furthermore they never consume alcohol (there is not a beer in the mod). Generally, what do you think about this mod? Although except workers still added folks that can implement multiply of works, too. Also traders and monsters and many other!

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20170812-2037]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20170812-2037, updated several mods: biome_lib, boost cart, homedecor modpack, plantlife modpack, cottages, currency, farming redo, gloopblocks, ilights, moreores, moretrees, pipeworks, plasticbox, replacer, signs_lib, streets, travelnet, unified dyes, and vines, and maybe one or two others that I didn't see in the list. :-)

I fixed the misc_overrides component (it broke when I switched over to farming redo a while back), and also I've added the classic peaceful_npc mod back into the modpack, since it seems to work now.

Be sure when you run a world for the first time after this update, that you "Configure" the world, *disable* all of Dreambuilder Modpack, then re-enable the whole thing. If you don't, a few mods will fail to load due to recent changes in their dependencies.

I've moved the "0.4.16" git tag forward to this build.

lonestar

by lonestar » Post

issue i found recently, when dreambuilder_mp_extras is enabled, the player character goes below nodes. this is on the latest build of minetest 0.4.1.6-dev and latest download of mintest-game.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Dreambuilder is built against the official 0.4.16 release. No testing has been done on newer git commits because the newer stuff is not 0.4.x but actually 0.5.x (despite what the version number suggests), and contains "breaking changes". I do seem to recall the character height/stance being one of them.

Also bear in mind that "the latest build" of either engine or game is not really accurate, you should mention which commits you're on.

I any case, I am not prepared to deal with 0.5.x/post-0.4.16 dev builds at this time. I am sticking to 0.4.x releases for now.

lonestar

by lonestar » Post

VanessaE wrote:Dreambuilder is built against the official 0.4.16 release. No testing has been done on newer git commits because the newer stuff is not 0.4.x but actually 0.5.x (despite what the version number suggests), and contains "breaking changes". I do seem to recall the character height/stance being one of them.

Also bear in mind that "the latest build" of either engine or game is not really accurate, you should mention which commits you're on.

I any case, I am not prepared to deal with 0.5.x/post-0.4.16 dev builds at this time. I am sticking to 0.4.x releases for now.
Ah, ok then. Wasn't really sure if you were messing with 0.5.x yet or not, just posting bugs as I go along. The models/character.b3d is the issue, I just removed that and everything else is fine.

Anyways, my last build was 13e995b.