[Modpack] Dreambuilder [20200712-0803][dreambuilder]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20200712-0803][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

syimyuzya, you'll need to talk to Philipnbenr and Sokomine about the hammer/anvil issue. As a general rule, I prefer changes be made at the individual mod level, both so that those changes have little risk of becoming stale or unmanageable, and also so that others who don't run Dreambuilder still get whatever benefits are there.

Meanwhile:

Build #20200712-0803, updated bakedclay, basic_materials, bonemeal, currency, farming_redo, maptools, mesecons, moreblocks, moreores, new_campfire, cool_trees, pipeworks, staines_glass, technic, unified_inventory, and unifieddyes.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

syimyuzya wrote: Has anyone also found that cottages and anvil each provides its own anvil & hammer, but they cannot be used interchangeably, and only the anvil from the cottages mod can be crafted because of the same crafting recipe?
Quite probably yes. VanessaE keeps reminding me about doublicate nodes and that they're a problem.
VanessaE wrote: syimyuzya, you'll need to talk to Philipnbenr and Sokomine about the hammer/anvil issue.
Ah :-) Right in the next answer. Should have read the full thread first. Anyway...the problem is that I need the nodes in my cottages mod to exist in order to be able to spawn houses using them in mg_villages. I'm working on workarounds, but aliases on that level are still not entirely satisfactory :-(
A list of my mods can be found here.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Dreambuilder still seems to be missing a certain sense of immersion. How about TenPlus1's version of the ambience mod? You can find it here:
https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/ambience
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I'd like input from others on that.

I'm not against it, but I've generally avoided adding a sounds mod out of fear of bloating-up the already large download (iirc, there is some 40 MB of media).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

TechnoWolf
In-game: TechnoWolfTV

by TechnoWolf » Post

Inocudom wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 03:24
How about TenPlus1's version of the ambience mod? You can find it here:
https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/ambience
I use that very mod alongside Dreambuilder, among others. It's fantastic, and really helps make the game for me! Ambient sounds like birds and crickets is one thing I've always said is still awkwardly missing from the vanilla version of, "the other mining game" as well.