Code: Select all

[/-------------
  Separator  
-------------

Irrlicht log: Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.1
Irrlicht log:  (Build 9200)
Irrlicht log: Using renderer: OpenGL 4.0.0
Irrlicht log: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000: Intel
Irrlicht log: OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
Irrlicht log: GLSL version: 4.0
Irrlicht log: Resizing window (800 600)
08:52:55: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\bakedclay\init.lua:
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: ...Desktop\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:60: Name stairs:stair_bakedclay_white does not follow naming conventions: "modname:" or ":" prefix required
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: 	[C]: in function 'error'
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: 	...Desktop\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:60: in function 'check_modname_prefix'
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: 	...Desktop\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:96: in function 'register_item'
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: 	...Desktop\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:161: in function 'register_node'
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: 	...t-0.4.12\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\stairs\init.lua:5: in function 'register_stair'
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: 	...t-0.4.12\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\stairs\init.lua:63: in function 'register_stair_and_slab'
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: 	....4.12\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\bakedclay\init.lua:49: in main chunk
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\bakedclay\init.lua
08:52:56: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\bakedclay\init.luacode]

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

Re: [Mod] Protector Redo [0.7] [protector]

by Evergreen » Post

This error doesn't have anything to do with the protector mod, it appears the error is coming from a 'bakedclay' mod.
Back from the dead!

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Protector Redo [0.7] [protector]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Re-download the stairs_min.zip file and unpack stairs into mod folder, it should work fine this time around...

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Protector Redo [0.8] [protector]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Update: Protector Redo 0.8 released which now works with Minetest 0.4.12, will leave a download link below for 0.7 to run on previous minetest versions...
Attachments
protector_redo(0.7).zip
(14.51 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Protector Redo [0.9] [protector]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Quick notice: An overlap bug was fixed in the latest Protector Redo and I would advise anyone using this mod to install the latest version from the front page...

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Protector Redo [1.0] [protector]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Update to 1.0 - Only owner can remove protectors...

deadmenracing

by deadmenracing » Post

Excellent mod, thank you! Is there an easy way (I'm not a programmer) to limit the number of protection blocks a player can put down? I'm seeing it overused a bit.

amadin

by amadin » Post

TenPlus1, do you can add turn-off (exclusion) protection for bones (bones:bones)? Because if player died at another's protection area he can't destroy his bones block and other players can't take his bones.

amadin

by amadin » Post

And second question. If i have gold pick i can go through protected walls because protected blocks slow back to it's place. Can i reduce time back to place of protected blocks?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

If digging protected areas are slow to return then lagg is to blame for that, the more lagg the longer the wait...

amadin

by amadin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:If digging protected areas are slow to return then lagg is to blame for that, the more lagg the longer the wait...
There is no lags - i can walk through walls on all servers, for example on Xanadu or on my local server. All players can do this but they don't know about this. I can record video for you.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I ran a test on my standalone server and the block re-appearing is fast enough to keep players out, although this all depends on lag time on server side as well as client side... I will however try to optimize the code so that it appears faster...

amadin

by amadin » Post

Try to make as on the video, if you will use a diamond pick and diamond axe it will be easy. But i can't go through still walls and obsidian walls (so i think it's not network lag). http://www.filedropper.com/throughwall It is local server on my pc.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Ok, if this is in singleplayer mode then check your privs, you will have 'delprotect' priv which means you can bypass protection blocks... you cannot turn this OFF on standalone, it's always on unless you make a standalone server and connect via a separate minetest client to become a normal player...

amadin

by amadin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Ok, if this is in singleplayer mode then check your privs, you will have 'delprotect' priv which means you can bypass protection blocks... you cannot turn this OFF on standalone, it's always on unless you make a standalone server and connect via a separate minetest client to become a normal player...
It's multiplayer dedicated server mode - old copy of my [RU] Russian Ama server running on my pc. /privs interact shout spawn. I see how to do it players on other servers, on my server pvp is turn on, and player can't close by the killer in the house because killer (if he know about this) go through wall and kill. This is video from Xanadu on yellow spawn i recorded 10 minutes ago, you can take diamond pick or axe, go on wood or stone roof and repeat fall through. http://www.filedropper.com/xanadu

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

amadin: what you show in your videos is normal protector behaviour, if you have delprotect you can remove blocks completely, if you dont then they will re-appear, sometimes slowly because of lag (even on standalone)...

Which other servers did you state had this problem ? I will sign on and check each one...

amadin

by amadin » Post

sometimes slowly because of lag (even on standalone)...
Not sometimes - always, even on local server, i tested with "protector", "protectod redo" and "protector" from lag01. But on mineCraft server i can't do that, because blocks re-appear very fast, and i can't go to indoor home and kill hiding there player, but in mineTest i can. I can do this an all top10 minetest servers, i can do that always ever since i started to play. It's not network lags because i can't go through obsidian walls but can througt stone, wood, glass etc.
Last edited by amadin on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

with the latest build of minetest, I seem to be experiencing lag in single player. Very odd...

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

amadin: it all depends on which version of minetest the servers are running and which mods they use...

also, protector redo works fine for players even if their bones are in a protected area owned by someone else, you PUNCH the bones to get your stuff bag, not dig, so it works fine, although if someone else is trying to take items from old bones that aren't theirs then protection will come into effect, as it should...

kilarin: glad it's not just me, the game does seem to be getting slow in areas...

amadin

by amadin » Post

Many empty bones (without items) litter the spawn and do not vanish if all of them pull out, but i want to hide empty bones and not hide bones with items.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

and who owns spawn area ? they should be on server cleaning up errant blocks and keeping an eye on the server ?

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:game does seem to be getting slow in areas...
And not just slow, I mean removing blocks, then seeming them pop back into existence a few seconds later, then finally remove again. Like I was playing on a server and there was a lot of lag. VERY odd things going on with these last few weeks builds.

amadin

by amadin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:and who owns spawn area ? they should be on server cleaning up errant blocks and keeping an eye on the server ?
Are you laugh, does somebody should round the clock in the game and remove the bones at a time?
deleted
I mean about dig bones with left mouse button on protected area - now they diggable only for area owner. They block exits from spawn, because only owners of protected area can dig bones on it.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Then it's up to the bones mod to allow players to take items from old bones, even inside protected areas, then when empty drop the bones as an item... This is the reason I done away with bones mod on Xanadu and have players drop items instead...

amadin

by amadin » Post

So does if bone on protected area can't dig it is trouble of bones mod?
But i see in lag01 protector mod this:

Code: Select all

local old_node_dig = minetest.node_dig
function minetest.node_dig(pos, node, digger)
	local ok=true
	if node.name == "bones:bones" then
		ok=true
	else
		if node.name ~= protector.node then
			ok = protector.can_dig(3,pos,digger)
		else
			ok = protector.can_dig(3,pos,digger,true)
		end
	end
	if ok == true then
		old_node_dig(pos, node, digger)
	end
end
Does this can help for you mod?