[Mod] Protector Redo [3.4] [protector]

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

Re: [Mod] Protector Redo [2.5] [protector]

by Lone_Wolf » Post

SaKeL wrote:Hi, how can i override is_protected with my mod so protector.flip will be disabled only from my mod - normally its enabled. Right now im flipping every time i check for is_protected :/
set protector_flip = false in your mods.conf
or issue the command /set -n protector_flip false ingame
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
SaKeL wrote:Hi, how can i override is_protected with my mod so protector.flip will be disabled only from my mod - normally its enabled. Right now im flipping every time i check for is_protected :/
set protector_flip = false in your mods.conf
or issue the command /set -n protector_flip false ingame
thanks but thats not what i am asking, i have protector_flip enabled in my minetest.conf and i want to keep it that way, but i dont want to flip when i am calling minetest.is_protected - since the flip logic is overwriten in protector redo mod it applies each time i am calling is_protected from any other location/mod

KatzEyez
GitHub: KatzPetz
IRC: LadyK
In-game: LadyK

by KatzEyez » Post

Sometimes people stop by to visit my spaces. While there, they set it as their home. Is there a way to prevent unwanted guests from teleporting back anytime they want?

(I would like a checkable option to disable "sethome" options for my protected areas for anyone who is not added to the protection, please.)

Also, a side request. Could you make bookcases protected? As they are now, they are not protected nor lockable. I would love to share my books with friends without having just anyone be able to help themselves to take them. Which is why I was wondering if it could be protected and not locked.

Thank you in advance.
Why wish upon a star when you can pray to the one who created it.

scottwolff
In-game: scottwolff or some variant of iasiney

by scottwolff » Post

I remember when I had a server on minetest 0.4.13 and I had Protector and Areas mod together. Mainly because areas even with markers players are like what. How it work?
But most everyone doesn't have as much a problem with Protector.
I remember when it was a steel bar to craft it.
Good esssential mod without errors that I recommend for server protection baselines.

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

scottwolff wrote:I remember when it was a steel bar to craft it.
When they changed Protector Redo from steel bar to gold bar I went along with it, since it's too easy for people to just dump them everywhere and never finish things.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

hajo

by hajo » Post

redblade7 wrote: Protector .. steel bar to gold bar .. it's too easy for people to just dump them everywhere
how about allowing each player to only place a max. number of protector-blocks ?

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

hajo wrote:
redblade7 wrote: Protector .. steel bar to gold bar .. it's too easy for people to just dump them everywhere
how about allowing each player to only place a max. number of protector-blocks ?
Why discourage players from building more elsewhere or expanding existing buildings?
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

Dan2018

by Dan2018 » Post

Is there any way to protect items?

Things like carts, and stuff from the vehicles mod.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Dan2018 wrote:Is there any way to protect items?

This should be pretty obvious, but you can store your items in locked chests.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Astrobe

by Astrobe » Post

If they are implemented as MobRedo mobs (I don't think carts are, though), then maybe try the protection rune on them.

Dan2018

by Dan2018 » Post

Stix wrote:
Dan2018 wrote:Is there any way to protect items?

This should be pretty obvious, but you can store your items in locked chests.
Yeah, we have a bunch of students that like to nick younger students vehicles.
Looking at the rune code it would prob be up to the vehicle mods creator to add something.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Once a vehicle is placed using a spawn egg, like a mob animal it will have self.owner set to the players name, so if the mod maker checks against this and the player trying to ride the vehicle it wont allow them to be stolen :)

Mardarth

by Mardarth » Post

I have installed this mod, and all of the features are working great except when I right click an object (like the chests) it shuts the server down with this error:

2018-06-25 13:08:47: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '' in callback item_OnPlace(): ...minetest-0.4.16-linux/bin/../mods/protector/init.lua:111: attempt to concatenate field 'gui_slots' (a nil value)
2018-06-25 13:08:47: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-06-25 13:08:47: ERROR[Main]: ...minetest-0.4.16-linux/bin/../mods/protector/init.lua:111: in function 'protector_formspec'
2018-06-25 13:08:47: ERROR[Main]: ...minetest-0.4.16-linux/bin/../mods/protector/init.lua:407: in function 'on_rightclick'
2018-06-25 13:08:47: ERROR[Main]: ...t/minetest-0.4.16-linux/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:347: in function <...t/minetest-0.4.16-linux/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:340>
2018-06-25 13:08:47: ERROR[Main]: (tail call): ?

I'm not sure what would cause this, the protection feature works great for protecting an area, but not for the chests for some reason.

Is there a fix for this? Or would it be my server conflicting somehow with the mod?

I am running LOTT game, with no other mods except protector and the mods in that game.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Mardath: Two things come to mind as I cannot reproduce the error you are getting, it works ok here, but...

1. Are you using a custom [game] to play on your server ?
2. Are you using the latest version of Protector Redo as the error you've shown points to a weird line in the code.

Mardarth

by Mardarth » Post

Hi tenplus., yes I am using the LOTT game, lord of the test.

I am using the latest version of Protector Redo

I am right now using the blocks to protect land mainly, which is the main reason I desired this mod. That feature is working great.

The locked chest part is not a very big concern right now, as the server has zero players so far, but will be something I will need to add later so that future players will have a secure place to store their items when they build their homes.

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

@TenPlus1 It looks like the error is actually coming line 107.

@Mardarth It may be possible that the LOTT game does not have default.gui_slots defined for whatever reason. Do you still get this error while in another world using MTG instead of LOTT?

EDIT: I reviewed the code for the MTG default mod and the LOTT mods. `default.gui_slots` is not defined at all in LOTT, thus making LOTT currently unsupported by this mod. The only reference to `gui_slots` (without `default` prefix) was in LOTT's armor mod. However, in 2014, `default.gui_slots` was first defined globally in this commit. Being that LOTT was first made in 2013, it seems that they are not using the latest default mod and who knows what other mods break while being run in LOTT.

Perhaps add a backup definition, such as

Code: Select all

if default.gui_slots == nil then
    default.gui_slots = "bgcolor[#080808BB;true]"
end
That way, you can support games that contain default mods based off of pre-2014 versions of the MTG default mod. Seems ridiculous, but I suppose it is necessary.
Last edited by csirolli on Tue Jun 26, 2018 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The default.gui_slots is part of the default variables used for many mods and formspecs, if anything Lord of the Test should include this so that they work properly as it's a given the variable should be found instead of every mod accounting for it missing...

Issue added to LOTT github page: https://github.com/minetest-LOTR/Lord-o ... issues/132

Amaz
GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:The default.gui_slots is part of the default variables used for many mods and formspecs, if anything Lord of the Test should include this so that they work properly as it's a given the variable should be found instead of every mod accounting for it missing...

Issue added to LOTT github page: https://github.com/minetest-LOTR/Lord-o ... issues/132
Fixed in LOTT: https://github.com/minetest-LOTR/Lord-o ... f7bb0175fb

Mardarth

by Mardarth » Post

Thank you Tenplus, Christian and Amaz!!!

It's working fabulously now, no problems at all!

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Protector Redo [2.6] [protector]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Updated to version 2.6:

- Added protection checks against CSM tampering (thanks Krock & Rubenwardy)

Darkwar
GitHub: Darkwar
IRC: Darkwar
In-game: cooljar10

by Darkwar » Post

hi i need help how do i enable prototection_pvp i dont know witch one to change :/ can u help me out

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Darkwar, check out the readme (at bottom) it shows you what each setting does:

https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/protector/ ... /README.md

Darkwar
GitHub: Darkwar
IRC: Darkwar
In-game: cooljar10

by Darkwar » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Darkwar, check out the readme (at bottom) it shows you what each setting does:

https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/protector/ ... /README.md
ok thx i little new at this and alot people wont help me :/ soo i have to ask

BuckarooBanzay
GitHub: BuckarooBanzay
IRC: BuckarooBanzai
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

Any chance you could match the rotation of the protector logos if they are copied with the protector-tool?
My logos get flipped if i try to copy them with the tool...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not active here anymore, contact me on the minetest discord, irc, lemmy or github (for programming issues)

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Protector Redo [2.7] [protector]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Updated to version 2.7:

- Protection fields are removed when protector has been dug (the purple radius display)