[mod] Underground Realms [0.8] [caverealms]

jas
IRC: Freenode

Re: [mod] Underground Realms [0.8] [caverealms]

by jas » Post

Thank you! I'll definitely be checking it out, love caverealms.

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

FaceDeer wrote:
redblade7 wrote:Still having the first crash...
Apologies for the delay. I just merged a branch into subterrane that should in theory get rid of any remaining nil biome crashes, try getting the latest. I've changed the API significantly but the old API is still supported so it should just work (I tested it with Caverealms locally before submitting).

The new version of subterrane depends on mapgen_helper
Now I crash with:
2018-12-30 23:36:04: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: finishGenRuntime error from mod 'caverealms' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): ...games/minetest_game/mods/mapgen_helper/noise_manager.lua:50: attempt to call method 'get_3d_map_flat' (a nil value)
2018-12-30 23:36:04: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-12-30 23:36:04: ERROR[Main]: ...games/minetest_game/mods/mapgen_helper/noise_manager.lua:50: in function 'perlin3d'
2018-12-30 23:36:04: ERROR[Main]: (REDACTED)/bin/../games/minetest_game/mods/subterrane/legacy.lua:177: in function <...(REDACTED)/bin/../games/minetest_game/mods/subterrane/legacy.lua:162>
2018-12-30 23:36:04: ERROR[Main]: (REDACTED)/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:420: in function <(REDACTED)/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:400>
EDIT: I can't connect to the game anymore with my username because it crashes before anything is displayed.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

FaceDeer
GitHub: FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

Oh, you're on 0.4.16, I take it? Just checked and get_3d_map_flat is in the 5.0 API but not the 0.4.16 API. 0.4.16 uses "get3dMap_flat". The documentation for the two methods is the same so I'll make mapgen_helper fall back to that if get_3d_map_flat isn't available, one moment and I'll get that fixed.

Edit: Patched up mapgen_helper with 0.4.16 support, at least for that method. I'm doing a more thorough test run of Caverealms in a 0.4.16 server right now to see if I trip over any other changes like that.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Found some of blocks in deep realms... love coal dust blocks but wished they were craftable. I think it would be cool to have black sands. For whatever reasons on Regulus Mars Survive, cave realms doesn't spawn well. only the initial level and nothing further down. Maybe because of mars stone instead of stone.

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Could Caverealms and Caverealms_lite take less deep space and PilzAdam's Nether do the same?
I mean : I have tried to create a new world with Caverealms AND Nether both activated, they merged and the result was disastrous, IMHO.
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

FaceDeer
GitHub: FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

I don't know if the other versions of Caverealms have this, but my fork using the subterrane library has settings for the depth ranges of the various cavern levels.

Note that I haven't paid much attention to my fork in recent years, just basic "does it crash? Does it still generate caverns?" checks and updates now and then. I've been focusing my attention on dfcaverns. So if you notice any weird problems, file issues because I probably haven't. :)

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

There is a crash with FaceDeer's fork and v5.1.0:

https://github.com/FaceDeer/minetest-ca ... s/issues/4
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)