by Minetestforfun » Post

Wow, very good update, thank you !

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

Re: [Mod] Sprint [sprint]

by Minetestforfun » Post

i tried your new amazing update on my server and... i wonder if it's possible to add a "graphical bar" (like in the stamina of adventure test) for your mod ? maybe be inspired of adventuretest for this bar ? (or something like in the hud ?)

What do you think about my ideas ?

GunshipPenguin
GitHub: GunshipPenguin
IRC: GunshipPenguin
In-game: GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

Minetestforfun wrote:i tried your new amazing update on my server and... i wonder if it's possible to add a "graphical bar" (like in the stamina of adventure test) for your mod ? maybe be inspired of adventuretest for this bar ? (or something like in the hud ?)

What do you think about my ideas ?
Hi, Thanks for the posive feedback!

In response to your question, maybe. I'm not too experienced with the minetest modding API yet, but there may be a way to do it. If there is, I'll try to get a commit up sometime soon to add a stamina bar similar to the food bar in Minecraft.

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

Added sprint stamina bar. Changed licence to CC0.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Thank you for your work ! :)

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Yes, it's a good mod.
One thing: I would like to have those HUD-arrows in an other color, so they are visible at night.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Ya. Change them to a red-ish color, or something like that.

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

philipbenr wrote:Ya. Change them to a red-ish color, or something like that.
Krock wrote:Yes, it's a good mod.
One thing: I would like to have those HUD-arrows in an other color, so they are visible at night.
Good advice, they are now green.

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

Cool. Thanks.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

This works surprisingly well. good job!
Back from the dead!

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi,

my variable "SPRINT_STAMINA" is set to 10, and i have only 5 arrows "stamina.png" in my hud.
After 1 second of sprinting, it takes 0.5 of an arrow, and after 10seconds, all arrow disappear.

Please, can you explain me a way to have the "SPRINT_STAMINA" set to 10, 10 arrows in my hud, and 1 arrow disappear after 1 second ?

Thank you for reading/answering :)

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

Minetestforfun wrote:Hi,

my variable "SPRINT_STAMINA" is set to 10, and i have only 5 arrows "stamina.png" in my hud.
After 1 second of sprinting, it takes 0.5 of an arrow, and after 10seconds, all arrow disappear.

Please, can you explain me a way to have the "SPRINT_STAMINA" set to 10, 10 arrows in my hud, and 1 arrow disappear after 1 second ?

Thank you for reading/answering :)
Sorry, that was something I forgot to correct when adding the stamina bar. Just made a commit that fixes it.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Thank you for your fast fix !

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi,

It's me again :D
And Thank you again for your last update, it resolved my issue !

Today, im trying to change the "sprint key", i think dual key W (or Z for me, french keyboard) between "0.50 to 0.59 sec" to launch the sprint, isn't pratical...
My server is a Survival Server, nobody in my server has the "fast" privilege, so my idea for players sprint easily is to replace the dual W/Z with the fast key pressed, and when the player didn't press the "fast" key, the sprint stop and the players walk...

My problem : i haven't found a way for make it work... Can you help me ? Or, do this feature ?

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

Minetestforfun wrote:Hi,

It's me again :D
And Thank you again for your last update, it resolved my issue !

Today, im trying to change the "sprint key", i think dual key W (or Z for me, french keyboard) between "0.50 to 0.59 sec" to launch the sprint, isn't pratical...
My server is a Survival Server, nobody in my server has the "fast" privilege, so my idea for players sprint easily is to replace the dual W/Z with the fast key pressed, and when the player didn't press the "fast" key, the sprint stop and the players walk...

My problem : i haven't found a way for make it work... Can you help me ? Or, do this feature ?
Check out the latest commit. You can now choose between either sprinting by holding the e key or sprinting by double tapping w. Change SPRINT_METHOD to switch between the methods.

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

Thank you so much!!! This is very helpful. Now, I can set my fast move key to a different key, and have the sprint be realistic.

Edit: This will be added to Lux_Solis eventually to replace default fast move.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Thank you for your update :)

Just a last things, can you re-add with a variable, if it's possible (or make an alternative branch with it, i don't know) :
- The "stamina runs out message" (because players like it in my server)
- And the "sprint stop" if players do a left or right mouse click ?

Nubm

by Nubm » Post

Hi. I installed that mod and it wouldnt start. When i disabled the mod, it had cleared out my entire world, put me on a random location, with no inventory.
Any Idea what might have caused this? And how to revert that? I don't have a newer backup and no idea that a simple mod can cause problems like this.

This is what the degub.txt has to say:

Code: Select all

10:27:27: ERROR[main]: Empty rollback log
10:27:28: ERROR[main]: Error loading mod "sprint-master": modname does not follow naming conventions: Only chararacters [a-z0-9_] are allowed.
10:27:28: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run D:\minetest-0.4.10-64bit\bin\..\mods\sprint-master\init.lua
10:27:28: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run D:\minetest-0.4.10-64bit\bin\..\mods\sprint-master\init.lua
10:27:41: ERROR[main]: Empty rollback log
10:27:41: ERROR[main]: Error loading mod "sprint-master": modname does not follow naming conventions: Only chararacters [a-z0-9_] are allowed.
10:27:41: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run D:\minetest-0.4.10-64bit\bin\..\mods\sprint-master\init.lua
10:27:41: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run D:\minetest-0.4.10-64bit\bin\..\mods\sprint-master\init.lua
10:27:52: ERROR[main]: Empty rollback log
Any help on that would be nice. I just hope it didn't kill my world.

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

Nubm wrote:Hi. I installed that mod and it wouldnt start. When i disabled the mod, it had cleared out my entire world, put me on a random location, with no inventory.
Any Idea what might have caused this? And how to revert that? I don't have a newer backup and no idea that a simple mod can cause problems like this.

10:27:28: ERROR[main]: Error loading mod "sprint-master": modname does not follow naming conventions: Only chararacters [a-z0-9_] are allowed.
10:27:28: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run D:\minetest-0.4.10-64bit\bin\..\mods\sprint-master\init.lua
10:27:28: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run D:\minetest-0.4.10-64bit\bin\..\mods\sprint-master\init.lua
10:27:41: ERROR[main]: Error loading mod "sprint-master": modname does not follow naming conventions: Only chararacters [a-z0-9_] are allowed.
10:27:41: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run D:\minetest-0.4.10-64bit\bin\..\mods\sprint-master\init.lua
10:27:41: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run D:\minetest-0.4.10-64bit\bin\..\mods\sprint-master\init.lua
you need too rename the folder to sprint.
Remove the -master
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Nubm

by Nubm » Post

Don wrote:you need too rename the folder to sprint.
Remove the -master
Thanks, the mod works now. Have not played for a while and simply forgot about that. It was mentioned in other mods before.
Anyways, my world and inventory is still missing. Is there any way to recover it, and what has caused this? I don't want this to happen again in the future (i will make backups from now on before installing any mod tho).

Don

by Don » Post

Nubm wrote:
Don wrote:you need too rename the folder to sprint.
Remove the -master
Thanks, the mod works now. Have not played for a while and simply forgot about that. It was mentioned in other mods before.
Anyways, my world and inventory is still missing. Is there any way to recover it, and what has caused this? I don't want this to happen again in the future (i will make backups from now on before installing any mod tho).
The mod shouldn't have cause your issue. Can you give a little more info about it? It might be best if you start a new thread in the Bugs and Problems section of the forum for this.
Just a thought, go into your world folder and check the env_meta.txt.
It should look like this

game_time = 1768
time_of_day = 11566
EnvArgsEnd
The numbers can be different but you need all 3 lines. If it is missing then just copy and paste the above and save the file.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

Nubm

by Nubm » Post

env_meta.txt was ok, had put in the selcetion above to be sure, didn't change anything.

I've asked here because it happened right after i put that mod in (with the error message i mentioned above). Never had this problem before, have some mods installed and made some myself too. I didn't changed anything between my last playsession and the installation of this mod, not even drivers. I also doubt that this mod is directly responsible for the problem, but somehow the error has probably caused it. And maybe others had experienced this too, or know what to do or where to look at.
The map.sqlite is 245.877KB so it is probably still there. Also two empty files called rollback.txt and rollback.txt.migrating and a rollback.sqlite file size of 9k. I removed them teporary, but that didn't changed anything.

Don

by Don » Post

Nubm wrote:env_meta.txt was ok, had put in the selcetion above to be sure, didn't change anything.

I've asked here because it happened right after i put that mod in (with the error message i mentioned above). Never had this problem before, have some mods installed and made some myself too. I didn't changed anything between my last playsession and the installation of this mod, not even drivers. I also doubt that this mod is directly responsible for the problem, but somehow the error has probably caused it. And maybe others had experienced this too, or know what to do or where to look at.
The map.sqlite is 245.877KB so it is probably still there. Also two empty files called rollback.txt and rollback.txt.migrating and a rollback.sqlite file size of 9k. I removed them teporary, but that didn't changed anything.
What does your debug.txt say now?
Can you load other worlds?
I suggested you post in the Bugs and Problems section because I thought it was an unrelated problem and because the people that are good at this type of issues will look in that section more often then this one.

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

Minetestforfun wrote:Thank you for your update :)

Just a last things, can you re-add with a variable, if it's possible (or make an alternative branch with it, i don't know) :
- The "stamina runs out message" (because players like it in my server)
- And the "sprint stop" if players do a left or right mouse click ?
Here's a version with those edits. Whenever a player runs out of stamina, or presses the LMB or RMB, they stop sprinting and there is a 3 second timeout, during which they cannot sprint.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/513vws
Nubm wrote:Hi. I installed that mod and it wouldnt start. When i disabled the mod, it had cleared out my entire world, put me on a random location, with no inventory.

See this thread for naming conventions:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10029
Nubm wrote:env_meta.txt was ok, had put in the selcetion above to be sure, didn't change anything.

I can't think of what could be causing this. Someone with more experence on the Bugs and problems forum may have an answer though.