by KCoombes » Post

Here's one: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13659&hilit=fishing

here's another one: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6480&hilit=fishing

here's a third: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4375&hilit=fishing

any fish caught will work.....

TheReaperKing

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.30] [mobs]

by TheReaperKing » Post

So I wanted to make custom mob waves and I ended up writing my own spawner based heavily on your spawner. I called mine a "Timed Spawner" since you set the mob type, the amount, and what time in seconds they spawn and they only spawn once. If you'd like to add it to Mobs Redo I'd be happy to send you the code. Take care and thanks for all of your great and hard work!
-Mike
Become A Real Life Superhero - http://SuperheroHill.com
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com
Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Post

A bit of help please
TenPlus1 wrote: [*]Sheep (right-click for wool, feed 8 wheat to replenish wool)[/*]
I can't make this work, i managed to feed the animal 8 wheat items (and the game tells me the sheep is tamed) by right click on the sheep with them selected (so they are given one by one), but no right click on the sheep (even from before taming it) will give me any kind of wool, and left click just punch the poor sheep.

How then can i obtain wool from that animal ?
edit : so i guess while it's not mentionned there's still need of a tool before the right click.
So with crafted shears (2 steel ingots and 1 stick) i could get indeed 1 wool , tested that on 3 sheeps that each gave me 1.

But the 1st post mention that
Sheep give more wool when Shears used,
Hmm, is that based on luck or is it really supposed to give more wools after shearing with tools ?

Caerulean
In-game: Caerulean

by Caerulean » Post

Hello. Just want to ask a quick question: Why can't I pick up chickens? xD I haven't found kittens yet so I haven't tried if I can't pick up those as well. I'm playing Minetest 0.4.14. It may have something to do with my inventory as I'm still using Inventory Plus which I believe has become obsolete. Worked before though on 0.4.13. *shrug*

Thanks!

TailsTheFoxDoes MT
In-game: TailsTheFox

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Post

Awsome mod! :D I might use this for Jack-O-TFox from the mob_pack modpack but it will have a name for the attack: Jack-o-bombs!
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

Caerulean wrote:Hello. Just want to ask a quick question: Why can't I pick up chickens? xD I haven't found kittens yet so I haven't tried if I can't pick up those as well. I'm playing Minetest 0.4.14. It may have something to do with my inventory as I'm still using Inventory Plus which I believe has become obsolete. Worked before though on 0.4.13. *shrug*

Thanks!
8 wheat seeds will tame the chicken so you can pick it up

Caerulean
In-game: Caerulean

by Caerulean » Post

KCoombes wrote: 8 wheat seeds will tame the chicken so you can pick it up
Thanks! (That's probably an update I missed since I stopped playing for months. :3)

nyje
In-game: Nigel

by nyje » Post

Hi all, i just updated this from the git, and it appears the cheese block is missing... I'm getting unknown nodes all over.

Also if I use 9 cheese wedges in the craft grid I get nothing.

Is this a feature or a bug?

Any help appreciated ;-)

Edit:
Hmmm, it appears mobs:cobweb has gone missing too, but i'm not sure when this occurred as I don't use them, one of my users alerted me...

Edit2:
Never Mind, on closer inspection of TenPlus1's repo's I see he has split all the mobs out of the api mod.
And done a very good job of it too ;-)

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Cobwebs are within mobs_monster mod and cheese/cheeseblock within mobs_animal and both work fine on latest builds in git...

nyje
In-game: Nigel

by nyje » Post

Yeah, got it all figured out in the end.

Thanks again for a great mod, the kids love taming & naming their own animals ;-)

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

Coding question: in your npc.lua, line 35, you have:

drops = {
{name = "default:wood", chance = 1, min = 1, max = 3},
{name = "default:apple", chance = 2, min = 1, max = 2},
{name = "default:axe_stone", chance = 5, min = 1, max = 1},
},

does this bit of code mean the npc will 1) always drop 1-3 wood, 2)50% drop 1-2 apple AND 3) 10% drop one stone axe? OR does the bit of code mean 1 of these 3 drops will occur?

on a sidenote, the dev wiki shows 'drop', not 'drops' - as your mod works, I'm assuming the wiki is out of date?

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

On death the mobs api will loop through each of the items inside a mob definition, so all 3 have a chance of dropping at different chance and number between min and max.

Soudon
In-game: Soudon

by Soudon » Post

so every mob in the mobs_monster pack does not work I keep getting mobs:name here not defined for all of them.

Solved that problem by creating a new world now I have a new issue only non hostile mobs are spawning I have both animals and monsters but only animals spawn. Changed light levels and alot of other settings also moved to new area of map so it would generate and still no hostiles whether it is day or night.

burli

by burli » Post

Hostile mobs are rare with the default settings. And do you play with a mod like ethereal or valleys_c?

Soudon

by Soudon » Post

burli wrote:Hostile mobs are rare with the default settings. And do you play with a mod like ethereal or valleys_c?
I do not play with anything but the mobs mods at this point I'm slowly adding in mods. I tried spawnentity mobs_monster:dirt_monster and it spawns one but I get the unknown object not an actual mob.

I also set the chance and objects number to ridiculous numbers and still no hostile mobs. By ridiculous I mean chance I tried 1 and also tried 100000, for objects I did 2500, and 1 still nothing. min light was -1 max 20 or vice versa.

burli

by burli » Post

That is strange

Soudon

by Soudon » Post

burli wrote:That is strange
does it require the api to run I couldnt find a clear answer on that it technically works without it right now just won't spawn any mobs. But I only mobs_monster and mobs_animals, I didn't download the mobs redo I'll try with it quick but idk how that would change much.

burli

by burli » Post

Of course. That is the basic mod you need.

Soudon

by Soudon » Post

burli wrote:Of course. That is the basic mod you need.
yea it still wasnt working however changing one thing caused the dirt monster to atleast spawn.

Code: Select all

mobs:register_spawn("mobs_monster:dirt_monster",
	{"default:dirt_with_grass", "default:grass", "default:dirt", "ethereal:gray_dirt"}, 20, 0, 5000, 15, 51000 false)
deleted the word false to make it look like

{"default:dirt_with_grass", "default:grass", "default:dirt", "ethereal:gray_dirt"}, 20, 0, 5000, 15, 51000)
now they spawn.

duane
GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Post

Soudon wrote:
yea it still wasnt working however changing one thing caused the dirt monster to atleast spawn.

{"default:dirt_with_grass", "default:grass", "default:dirt", "ethereal:gray_dirt"}, 20, 0, 5000, 15, 51000 false)

{"default:dirt_with_grass", "default:grass", "default:dirt", "ethereal:gray_dirt"}, 20, 0, 5000, 15, 51000)
now they spawn.
Dirt monsters traditionally only spawn at night. That's what the false is for.
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.

Soudon

by Soudon » Post

duane wrote:
Soudon wrote:

now they spawn.

Dirt monsters traditionally only spawn at night. That's what the false is for.
Oh ok that explains that then.

burli

by burli » Post

All hostile mobs spawn at night, at least the mobs in mobs_monsters

Pimy
IRC: Pimy
In-game: Pimy

by Pimy » Post

by far one of the cutest mods :3
so cute
so cute
screenshot_20160708_193950.png (296.27 KiB) Viewed 837 times
baby bunnies :D

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

I keep getting an error every time I try to feed/tame animals. I've reinstalled the latest version twice now and it still doesn't seem to be working properly. Can you offer some guidance?

Runtime error from mod 'mobs_animal' in callback luaentity_Rightclick(): ...4\minetest-0.4.14\bin\..\mods\mobs\mobs_animal/sheep.lua:74: attempt to call method 'feed_tame' (a nil value)
2016-07-08 22:37:14: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-07-08 22:37:14: ERROR[Main]: 	...4\minetest-0.4.14\bin\..\mods\mobs\mobs_animal/sheep.lua:74: in function <...4\minetest-0.4.14\bin\..\mods\mobs\mobs_animal/sheep.lua:71>

duane
GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Post

AceWill wrote:I keep getting an error every time I try to feed/tame animals. I've reinstalled the latest version twice now and it still doesn't seem to be working properly. Can you offer some guidance?
feed_tame can only be nil if you haven't got the mobs redo api installed and enabled in your world (see first post). Do you see the "[MOD] Mobs Redo loaded" line in your text output when you start minetest?
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.