[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.61] [mobs]

Nordal
GitHub: Nordall

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.51] [mobs]

by Nordal » Post

@ TenPlus1, thanks for extension of mob_horse's food list :)

Why could you omit the test for farming redo? 'Cause MTG-farming has no oat and barley?
CFS - still widely unknown

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The item name just has to be on the list, it doesnt need to check for the actual mod :)

devAli

by devAli » Post

Code: Select all

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'default' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:138: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:138: in function 'set_velocity'
	...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:1736: in function 'do_states'
	...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:2973: in function <...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:2807
I get this error. The name of the folder was "mobs", the original was mobs_redo.

note: I get this error a few minutes after playing (about 10 minutes).

note 2: another mistake

Code: Select all

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'default' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:149: attempt to index local 'v' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:149: in function 'get_velocity'
	...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:721: in function 'do_jump'
	...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:1808: in function 'do_states'
	...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:2973: in function <...esktop\tqH\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:2807>
Please help me

@ TenPlus1
from Turkey :)

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

devAli it looks like you need to update mobs_redo. That error was reported a while back, but it seems to have been fixed recently.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

devAli

by devAli » Post

thanks, from which link can I download the latest version?

FreeLikeGNU
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

devAli wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 13:20
https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/mobs_redo

Nordal
GitHub: Nordall

by Nordal » Post

@TenPlus1, ah, thanks! :)
CFS - still widely unknown

devAli

by devAli » Post

FreeLikeGNU wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 14:06
devAli wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 13:20
https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/mobs_redo

Thank you but I already downloaded the mod from this link .. lol :(

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

The link doesn't change, but you can check when the last changes were done to the files, as of this posting 13 hours ago.
You just need to download the latest code, which you'll do the exact same way you originally downloaded it, and then replace the mod with the freshly downloaded copy.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

i find it much easier to use the engines own update function, on the content page . browse online content then click update.
if you have mods and games you have installed manually delete and reinstall via the engine so that future updates will register .
I am assuming the update function is relying on the same source as the link posted therefore will always refer to the lastest update .

i just want to make things easier for the newbie . please correct me if this advice is wrong or you feel additional info needs to be stated . last thing i want to do is misinform anyone .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

devAli

by devAli » Post

Nathan.S wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 01:14
The link doesn't change, but you can check when the last changes were done to the files, as of this posting 13 hours ago.
You just need to download the latest code, which you'll do the exact same way you originally downloaded it, and then replace the mod with the freshly downloaded copy.

Thank you so much!! There are no errors anymore. I can finally get my new sub game :)

TenPlus1

Update:

by TenPlus1 » Post

- Added 'group_helper' to mob definition so they have an additional mob they can call on when attacking in groups.
- Fixed replace function glitch when using single tables.

TenPlus1

Updated to Version 1.52

by TenPlus1 » Post

- Added 'mob_active_limit' setting to limit number of mobs in-game (default is 0 for unlimited)
- Removed {immortal} group from mob armor so mobs flash when hit
- Added 'texture_mods' to add overlay textures onto mob (mob_horse uses this for horseshoes)
- The usual code tidy :)

FreeLikeGNU

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

I'm finding Mobs Redo very extensible for realizing my goblins. I've found the code from Redo useful to to create new functionality as well! Thank you TenPlus1 for maintaining this flexible framework.

MrHoatzin

by MrHoatzin » Post

Heyo TenPlus1, I have a potential n00b plugin-loading issue.

I installed mob redo, the redo animal pack, and the monster pack from the in-game content manager. According to the debug.txt, I know the game is loading the mobs mod, but I am not registering any of the print("[MOD] Mobs Redo 'Animals' loaded") lines from the either other init.lua. I have been flying around and I have been able to find not a single animal in the world. I wandered down a cave and stumbled upon two monster creepies in the darkest darks. I lowered the spawn chance for a warthog to 100 to no avail.

I am running on MacOS, I have Minetest 5.2.0 (via homebrew). I eliminated all other mods to see if there was some kind of conflict and I found nothing.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Animals have a low spawn rate and spawn on dirt with grass near actual grass, you can ramp up the spawn rate by going into your minetest settings, advances settings, mods, mobs redo and setting the following value to double spawn rate (lower = more):

mob_chance_multiplier = 0.5

MrHoatzin

by MrHoatzin » Post

Aw dang! Thanks! Is this documented somewhere obvious and I am dense, or is it just a rite of passage for users to come here and bug you about it? 🤡💨

Had to make that mob_chance_multiplier = 0.025 and it is still pretty deserted, tho I guess that makes sense if you're flying around the world. If you're sitting in one place and smelting glass or whatever, I'm sure you'll be drowning in chickens before too long. I'll play around with it.

Anyway, great mobd! Can't wait to load this dragon my student built on our server. 👍

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

You can also add custom filters in your minetest.conf file by adding things like:

-- change cow spawning to 1 in 1000 with 5 active per map area
mobs_animal:cow = 1000,5

Merak

by Merak » Post

With the way Minetest works, could it well support mobs being set aflame, such as to injure them?

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Merak wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:01
With the way Minetest works, could it well support mobs being set aflame, such as to injure them?
Sure, getting them to appear as such would be tricky though. The entity itself can store whether it's burning and take damage accordingly, but it'd be quite a chore to draw the flames around it.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

Gerald
In-game: gerald7

by Gerald » Post

PolySaken wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:18
Merak wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:01
Sure, getting them to appear as such would be tricky though. The entity itself can store whether it's burning and take damage accordingly, but it'd be quite a chore to draw the flames around it.
I don't think it would be that hard. Just create a cluster of flames that you attach to the burning entity and scale it with the height and width. It will not look incredible but we are talking about Minetest graphics.

Merak

by Merak » Post

It would still be a chore, but for good appearance,
could raycast be used to find exterior surfaces of the mob and then draw a flame starting from that contact?

TenPlus1

Update:

by TenPlus1 » Post

Latest API has damage particles for fire set larger if that helps.

FreeLikeGNU

Re: Update:

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 14:17
Latest API has damage particles for fire set larger if that helps.
noice!

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

by FreeGamers » Post

TenPlus1, can you help me understand why mobs are flashing and losing their textures momentarily when hit by players? I'm using the latest version. I created most of these mobs I'm using about a year ago. Something seems to have changed with the API since then? I went through the documentation and commit log but nothing jumped out at me what could be causing this.
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft