[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.61] [mobs]

timsoft
GitHub: timsoftgit

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.53] [mobs]

by timsoft » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:21
this is an error in tnt mod which was fixed in dev version, failing that you can use my version of tnt mod from notabug.org/tenplus1
It's taken a while to come accross another dungeonmaster since adding your tnt mod and enabling it, but I finally did, and unfortunately it crashed again. Error message below.
AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_monster' in callback luaentity_Step(): Unknown node: tnt:tnt
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'get_content_id'
C:\games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\tnt\init.lua:306: in function 'tnt_explode'
C:\games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\tnt\init.lua:418: in function 'boom'
C:\games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:4134: in function 'boom'
...-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs_monster/dungeon_master.lua:139: in function 'hit_node'
C:\games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:4038: in function <C:\games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:4004>

do you have any ideas on what to look for to fix it?

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@timsoft - You could install the latest dev release to fix it, or manually download, install and enable my fork of the TNT mod to fix: https://notabug.org/tenplus1/tnt

Merak

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.47] [mobs]

by Merak » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 13:24
as for mob fences and tops, those are a stop gap measure until the engine issue for entities going through solid walls is fixed.
Has that been fixed yet? If not, is there a bug report for it we can track? I have some bunnies encased in a glass cube without a mob fence. They haven't escaped yet.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Merak - the latest dev release has had many changes so you never know, collision detection may have had an update :)

timsoft

by timsoft » Post

tenplus: as far as I can tell, I have enabled your updated tnt mod, but it looks like hamlets quest has it's own tnt mod, as well. Maybe it's version is overwriding your one. Is there an easy way to tell which tnt mod (minetestgame, hamlets quest, or yours) is actually being used? in a world/game?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@timsoft - the tnt error only occurs when tnt itself is disabled, hence the missing content id error you see in console, so to fix you could either enable tnt in your world and spawn a dungeon master to test, enable my fork of tnt mod and do the same to test, or lastly edit hamlet quests tnt mod and fix the bug:

https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/tnt/src/ma ... t.lua#L301

timsoft

by timsoft » Post

very odd. I manually added
enable_tnt=true
to the hamlets_quest minetest.conf file
and in creation mode, added a mobspawner set to create dungeon_master
although the first or second fireball behaved as usual, the third one caused minetest to crash out with:
AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_monster' in callback luaentity_Step(): Unknown node: tnt:tnt
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'get_content_id'
C:\games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\tnt\init.lua:306: in function 'tnt_explode'
C:\games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\tnt\init.lua:418: in function 'boom'
C:\games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:4134: in function 'boom'
...-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs_monster/dungeon_master.lua:139: in function 'hit_node'
C:\games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:4038: in function <C:\games\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:4004>

how is a node de-registered? I can only think that somewhere in the game the tnt:tnt node is being deregistered after it was added.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@timsoft - their is also a 'disable_tnt' flag which may be set as well (is an old setting), make sure it's set to 'false'.

I just checked the latest version of Hamlets Quest and the bug has been fixed, try updating the game:

https://codeberg.org/Hamlet/hamlets_quest

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

What kinds of mobs would work to make something closer to "that other game"?

Zombies are not nearly tough enough, ghosts travel through walls, wolves work, sort of. NSSM used to add some nice critters, but doesn't seem to work anymore. (No, haven't had time to look into it yet.)

Anything more or less off-the-shelf, or do I need to go in and tweak the code, only to do it all over again next time I update all .gits, and it no longer matches the repo?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@ThorfinnS - We do have a mobs_mc mod that adds all of the minecraft mobs into minetest if you wanna try that:

https://github.com/maikerumine/mobs_mc

...as for nssm check out the fork on my own git page: https://notabug.org/tenplus1/nssm

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

ThorfinnS wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 18:45
What kinds of mobs would work to make something closer to "that other game"?
if you want a rlcraft experience
try dmobs, horror , goblins, water life plus mc mobs and the main redos . crank the spawn mulitplier to 0.01 in mobs redo under all settings , then get ready to run .
you will find the mobs i mentioned listed here
https://wiki.minetest.net/Mods:Mobs
remember just run .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

cuthbertdoublebarrel

TenPlus1 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 06:46
...as for nssm check out the fork on my own git page: https://notabug.org/tenplus1/nssm
thanks for this
nice to see this one up and running agian. not as tough as they were as they are getting taken out easily in infighting .i am sure this can be adjusted to balance them out though.

cuthbertdoublebarrel

cuthbertdoublebarrel wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:54
TenPlus1 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 06:46
thanks for this
nice to see this one up and running agian. not as tough as they were as they are getting taken out easily in infighting .i am sure this can be adjusted to balance them out though.
(edit) i will take that back, the pumpking ? just griefed my entire house and set the forest on fire , now that is real brutal and i am lovin it.

Bastrabun

by Bastrabun » Post

Regarding NSSM: What would you or anyone need to do to make your repo the main one, available on content DB instead of the current, broken one? Or is there a reason not to do that?
Whatever I say is CC0

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

If you look at Mobs Redo on ContentDB, nssm is listed as one of the mods in the links for the API itself.

cuthbertdoublebarrel

TenPlus1 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 06:45
If you look at Mobs Redo on ContentDB, nssm is listed as one of the mods in the links for the API itself.
And we missed it there .and it really should be listed nssm redo.
if you make future updates we wont get notified of that via the minetest interface
this one is far too good to be missed . you have created some neat entity tactics that makes for very intresting gameplay .
My world is now starting to look like 2b2t .
move over Minetest make way for BrutalTest .

thunderdog1138
GitHub: thunderdog1138
In-game: thunderdog

by thunderdog1138 » Post

Is it possible to create human mobs with randomized skin tones, hair, and clothes with this mod? This mod does this but it is very complicated for so little functionality.

All I want to do is have randomly selected hair and clothes images overlayed over a base texture. Is this possible?
Check out my Star Wars subgame.

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

Yes thunderdog1138, it's very possible to make random 'skins' for the mobs.
I do something very much along the lines of what you are asking about in my Epic game. You can see that specific code here; https://notabug.org/NathanS21/Epic/src/ ... s/init.lua
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

thunderdog1138
GitHub: thunderdog1138
In-game: thunderdog

by thunderdog1138 » Post

Nathan.S wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 01:26
Yes thunderdog1138, it's very possible to make random 'skins' for the mobs.
I do something very much along the lines of what you are asking about in my Epic game. You can see that specific code here; https://notabug.org/NathanS21/Epic/src/ ... s/init.lua
Thanks a lot!
Check out my Star Wars subgame.

Thorgrimsson

by Thorgrimsson » Post

Hello,
i hope i am right here. I got this error when i try to play on my server with vanilla minetest 5.3.0 with more then only me.
Can you help me?

Code: Select all

2020-10-25 01:25:58: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'default' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...e/led/.minetest/worlds/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:114: attempt to index local 'b' (a nil value)
2020-10-25 01:25:58: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-10-25 01:25:58: ERROR[Main]:       ...e/led/.minetest/worlds/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:114: in function 'get_distance'
2020-10-25 01:25:58: ERROR[Main]:       ...e/led/.minetest/worlds/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:1572: in function 'follow_flop'
2020-10-25 01:25:58: ERROR[Main]:       ...e/led/.minetest/worlds/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:2954: in function <...e/led/.minetest/worlds/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:2822>

greatings
Thorgrimsson

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Thanks for the advice. Was never a big fan of the doom monsters in the game, but we've found enough to keep people interested. Still tweaking stuff to discourage being out at night, while not making the daytime too dangerous for new players.

Sorry I didn't post back earlier. Been too busy with other things.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Thorgrimsson - going by the line of code containing the error you are using an old mob api, I'd advise to update your mobs redo, mobs animal, mobs monster mods to the latest versions either on contentdb, using content tab or my git page: https://notabug.org/tenplus1

TenPlus1

Update:

by TenPlus1 » Post

- mobs:can_spawn(pos, name) function added to check available space before adding mob to world.

cuthbertdoublebarrel

Re: Update:

TenPlus1 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:49
- mobs:can_spawn(pos, name) function added to check available space before adding mob to world.
what are the limitations you have set to define the space ?
blocks or chunks ? if I spawn 15 rabbits on a block does that count agianst the whole chunk or just the imediate area ?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

mobs:can_spawn() will retrieve the physical size of a mob and check that space to see if it's empty of walkable nodes before returning either an amended position or nil.