[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.61] [mobs]

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [0.3] [mobs]

by davidthecreator » Post

cool but il make a better one one day when il be not so lazy and not busy in other stuff

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

what do you mean david ?

Megaf
GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

by Megaf » Post

Why you no use github or gitorious!?

davidthecreator

i mean well sometimes i got some stuff todo and i cant sit on the computer but im making a mob mod at my free time (mostly weekends) and i can totaly make something good if i try so i think this is gona end up like modmaking battle :)

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

Is the chicken the only one that can be picked up ?

I wanted to make a little farm area with chickens , cows and sheep with an encampment for each.
But how would one get the cows and sheep there ?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Chickens, Rats and Bee's can all be picked up and placed in your inventory... Cows, Sheep and Hogs follow you if you are holding wheat in your hand... Also, you need to tame the last 3 so they do not despawn when you go away...

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Chickens, Rats and Bee's can all be picked up and placed in your inventory... Cows, Sheep and Hogs follow you if you are holding wheat in your hand... Also, you need to tame the last 3 so they do not despawn when you go away...
Ok thanx , how do you "tame" them ?

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Marshal_maz wrote:Ok thanx , how do you "tame" them ?
You tame cows, sheep, and hogs by feeding them wheat (wield wheat and right click on them)

Is there a way to tame chickens so that they do not despawn?

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Kilarin wrote:
Marshal_maz wrote:Ok thanx , how do you "tame" them ?
You tame cows, sheep, and hogs by feeding them wheat (wield wheat and right click on them)

Is there a way to tame chickens so that they do not despawn?
That don't work. It stops them from disapearing while you are in the game , but when I left the game and came back
all my cows and sheep was gone :(

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Cows have to be milked (right click with empty bucket) before feeding them wheat, also sheep have to be sheared (right click for wool)... Hogs just need feed wheat until it makes a noise...

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Cows have to be milked (right click with empty bucket) before feeding them wheat, also sheep have to be sheared (right click for wool)... Hogs just need feed wheat until it makes a noise...
I did that.

My guess is that it's because of a midnight backup and restart of the server. I think that removes them.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Marshall: just checked and everything seems to be working ok, tamed a few animals before going offline and back on again, they were still around...

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Marshall: just checked and everything seems to be working ok, tamed a few animals before going offline and back on again, they were still around...
Did you reset the server ?

See my previous post

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Depends when you tamed them, remember the map was converted to leveldb on Xanadu and ended up being glitchy so we restored to the same map earlier that morning...

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

+1 Good mod!

Can I recommend that you add two flying hostile mobs, One that is present at all times (Both Day and Night), and another that is only present at Night? It would liven things up a bit and would make quite a few servers a lot better....

Each of the hostile mobs could have a low attack but possibly travel in 3's or 4's....
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

Also there should be a 50-60% chance that hostile mobs should attack you on sight, not just if you attack them first....

You could also have it that a mob, (non-hostile), could be made so that when you attack it, it would summon all the hostile mobs in the area to it- 25*25 - with murder on each of there minds or spawn a 'Gaurdian' which may have an extremely high defense and attack which would protect it...

It would spice the game up hugely if that was so... The mob in particular could drop a rare item that would make it worth the risk...
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

At present hitting a monster while others are in the area will call them to assist the one you're fighting... Attack chance depends on mob timer and if it see's you in it's field of vision... Flying mobs sound good though, gotta look into that, most birds using simple mobs are just high entities that jump around to look like it's flying so gotta change the api to make it fly...

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi,

I've some ideas for your "mobs mod" :

- the sound of the sheep is too strong compared with other sounds, it hurts the ears :S

- Can you add "zombies mobs" from "Blockmen's mobs" mod and found a solution for let us choose between zombies and dirt monsters, if it's possible ?

- Birds for all times and ghosts for the nights, is also an interresting idea. (The blockmen's mod for ghosts/zombie is very good, but the code is very hard to understand, i can't modifiy it by myself...)

- And personnaly, i love spiders, i know you've extracted your own "spidermob" version from lottmobs, is it possible for an add in this mod ? (im sorry, after reading the 0.3 patchnote, i've found spidermob is already in your mod :))

I think, if you can add this monsters, I will definitely use your "mob mod", and delete my 4/5 mobs mod, because for the moment, i just take parts of other mod for make my own mobs mod, but im not a very good programmer, and this is far from the best solution... :/
(it will be better, more clean and more clear with only your mod)

(EDIT : i attach to my post my changes (spider sounds, spider jungle spawn, blood for warthog, life/damage modified for every mobs, modified move speed, etc... If it can help you ^^)
Attachments
mobsredo-modified.7z
(331.84 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Last edited by Minetestforfun on Thu Sep 11, 2014 22:46, edited 2 times in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The 4seasons mod has birds of a kind. They sit on leaves and are drawn using plantlike drawtype. It works pretty well. Perhaps some animals could be done without having to resort to entities.
A list of my mods can be found here.

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

Sokomine wrote:The 4seasons mod has birds of a kind. They sit on leaves and are drawn using plantlike drawtype. It works pretty well. Perhaps some animals could be done without having to resort to entities.
Good idea.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

+1 on bird nodes :)

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Cows have to be milked (right click with empty bucket) before feeding them wheat, also sheep have to be sheared (right click for wool)... Hogs just need feed wheat until it makes a noise...
Is there a way to tame chickens so that they don't despawn?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Chickens as well as Bees and Rats can be right-clicked upon and placed in your inventory so taming them isn't required...

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

I thought about the chickens. Collecting them where you find them is nice and similar to the method with letting other mobs follow you by holding wheat in the hand, so you can take them to and have them in your stable. While you prevent cow, sheep and pig from despawning with feeding them wheat by righ-click, you cant actual do that with the chickens (and the two other collectable mobs) cause you pick them up with right-click.
So what about chicken spawning eggs? This would be similar to the bees, where you have the beehive to get easy new ones (for also cooking (sic!) them to get honey), instead of waiting or wandering around to find new ones? If so you can decide if you want to cook the egg or have a new chicken. And those chickens seems to be quite productive so there should be an egg for both purposes possible. But maybe this is useless and only good for some feeling.

I just tested it using on_place from zmobs. It worked well for the first chicken generation, but the second generation produced only "air" eggs (output from nodeinspector), which doesnt appeared in my inventory. So I made it this way, that you can place the collected egg and then righ-click it to spawn the new chicken. I am sure it can be improved by someone with more experiences. But after hours with this I am just a bit proud that I found a grain of corn. :)

Code: Select all

-- Egg (can be fried in furnace or used as chicken spawner)

minetest.register_node("mobs:egg", 
	{
		description = "Chicken Egg",
		tiles = {"mobs_chicken_egg.png"},
		inventory_image  = "mobs_chicken_egg.png",
		visual_scale = 0.7,
		drawtype = "plantlike",
		wield_image = "mobs_chicken_egg.png",
		paramtype = "light",
		walkable = false,
		is_ground_content = true,
		sunlight_propagates = true,
		selection_box = {
			type = "fixed",
			fixed = {-0.2, -0.5, -0.2, 0.2, 0, 0.2}
		},
		groups = {snappy=2, dig_immediate=3},
		after_place_node = function(pos, placer, itemstack)
			if placer:is_player() then
				minetest.set_node(pos, {name="mobs:egg", param2=1})
			end
		end,
		on_rightclick = function(pos, node, player, itemstack, pointed_thing)
		--if player:is_player() then
			minetest.env:add_entity(pointed_thing.above, "mobs:chicken")
			minetest.remove_node(pos, {name="mobs:egg", param2=1})
		end,
})

davidthecreator

I think by using ur script someone could make a boss mob and ofcourse by making a boss summoner and ots crafting recipe and making it hard so New players wont get killed