[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

User avatar
BlockStar
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 22:14
Location: The Dirty South

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by BlockStar » Post

@TenPlus1 - This is awesome, and a bit to digest (for me, anyway, haha). I'm going to try to figure this out the best I can before unloading a bunch of questions (I hate to be the guy with too many questions (but often am)). But, hey, it looks like you included a special condition for sneak mode, which is great! I mean, it's a stealth situation, so that is perfect. Wow.

I guess I have some reading and experimenting to do.

User avatar
BlockStar
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 22:14
Location: The Dirty South

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by BlockStar » Post

@TenPlus1 - Oh, crap, I just realized your last response to me was your 2,000th post on this thread. That's so funny and cool! Congratulations! I mean, that's a milestone or something, right? OK, alright, ignore me, I'm on very little sleep and haven't had my coffee yet.

User avatar
jas
Member
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 18:15
Location: Within

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by jas » Post

It's just a number. Numbers don't actually mean anything.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 2,000th POST TENPLUS1!!

I too have not had coffee. These last two days I heated up warm water, and cried a little.
2012-06-18 14:44:50: INFO[Server]: deactivateFarObjects: Static data changed considerably 1x 2

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
Posts: 2800
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Thankies ... * sips celebratory coffee * :P

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
Posts: 2800
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Update:

by TenPlus1 » Post

- Mobs now slow down inside liquids depending on viscocity
- Easier string/table checking for mobs flying in specific nodes
- Cobwebs slow mobs except spiders :P
- Obsidian Flan's tweaked to not break level 2 or over, or unbreakable nodes

Bastrabun
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 19:48

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by Bastrabun » Post

I have a strange behaviour when it comes to default carts. Didn't know they were governed by mobs_redo :D

Code: Select all

2020-07-02 00:25:50: ACTION[Server]: Testuser right-clicks object 4435: LuaEntitySAO at (2171,14,1289)
2020-07-02 00:25:51: WARNING[Server]: ScriptApiBase::objectrefGetOrCreate(): Pushing ObjectRef to removed/deactivated object, this is probably a bug.
2020-07-02 00:25:51: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2020-07-02 00:25:51: WARNING[Main]: ScriptApiBase::objectrefGetOrCreate(): Pushing ObjectRef to removed/deactivated object, this is probably a bug.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'LuaError'
  what():  Runtime error from mod 'carts' in callback on_shutdown(): /home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/mobs/mount.lua:88: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	/home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/mobs/mount.lua:88: in function 'force_detach'
	/home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/mobs/mount.lua:111: in function </home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/mobs/mount.lua:108>
	/home/mt-test/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:429: in function </home/mt-test/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:413>

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
Posts: 2800
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Bastrabun - what were you doing at the time the error happened ? I've updated mobs_redo api and added a nil check to fix issue.

Bastrabun
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 19:48

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by Bastrabun » Post

I was riding in a cart, same track as always. I do not know what would have caused a force-detach or anything related, I just sat silently in the cart riding down to the mine, twiddling my finger.

Is there anything I can do to help find the cause?

User avatar
Walker
Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 09:22
In-game: Walker

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by Walker » Post

bug in minetest 5.3.0

Code: Select all

2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_animal' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:960: attempt to index local 'pos' (a nil value)
2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:960: in function 'do_env_damage'
2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3312: in function <...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3169>

User avatar
Walker
Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 09:22
In-game: Walker

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by Walker » Post

Walker wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 15:33
bug in minetest 5.3.0

Code: Select all

2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_animal' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:960: attempt to index local 'pos' (a nil value)
2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:960: in function 'do_env_damage'
2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3312: in function <...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3169>
i updated to 1.52 and hope it works now ^^

User avatar
Walker
Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 09:22
In-game: Walker

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by Walker » Post

Walker wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 15:45
Walker wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 15:33
bug in minetest 5.3.0

Code: Select all

2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_animal' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:960: attempt to index local 'pos' (a nil value)
2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:960: in function 'do_env_damage'
2020-07-17 17:31:44: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3312: in function <...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3169>
i updated to 1.52 and hope it works now ^^
after the update to 1.52 still the same

Code: Select all

2020-07-17 17:52:29: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_animal' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:1029: attempt to index local 'pos' (a nil value)
2020-07-17 17:52:29: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-07-17 17:52:29: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:1029: in function 'do_env_damage'
2020-07-17 17:52:29: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3432: in function <...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3271>

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
Posts: 2800
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Updated:

by TenPlus1 » Post

- @Walker - I've updated the mobs api and added a nil check to fix that issue.
- Added 'randomy_rotate' flag in mob definition to stop mobs facing players or turning randomly when set to false.

User avatar
Walker
Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 09:22
In-game: Walker

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by Walker » Post

and the next one -.-

Code: Select all

2020-07-18 07:03:08: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_animal' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid position (expected table got nil).
2020-07-18 07:03:08: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-07-18 07:03:08: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'get_objects_inside_radius'
2020-07-18 07:03:08: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:1835: in function 'general_attack'
2020-07-18 07:03:08: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3438: in function <...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3271>
yes i updated in the morning to the git version

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
Posts: 2800
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Walker - api updated with another nil check :P

User avatar
thunderdog1138
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 00:45
GitHub: thunderdog1138
In-game: thunderdog
Location: Venator-class Star Destroyer in the Xanadu System

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by thunderdog1138 » Post

How do I make mobs attack only if they are attacked first? I've tried everything I can think of, including type = "animal" and passive = false, as used in the mobs_animal mod.
Check out my Star Wars subgame.

User avatar
FreeLikeGNU
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 02:50
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

I use:

Code: Select all

 
  type = "npc",  --non aggro
  passive = false, -- will defend self
  attack_monsters = false,  -- wont defend against these
  attack_npcs = false, --or these
  attack_players = true, -- but will defend against players
  

User avatar
thunderdog1138
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 00:45
GitHub: thunderdog1138
In-game: thunderdog
Location: Venator-class Star Destroyer in the Xanadu System

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by thunderdog1138 » Post

FreeLikeGNU wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 23:56
I use:

Code: Select all

 
  type = "npc",  --non aggro
  passive = false, -- will defend self
  attack_monsters = false,  -- wont defend against these
  attack_npcs = false, --or these
  attack_players = true, -- but will defend against players
  
Thanks! I assume this will work for type = "animal" too, right?

Scratch that, still not working (See for yourself). It's the stormtrooper mob that I'm trying to fix.
Check out my Star Wars subgame.

User avatar
FreeLikeGNU
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 02:50
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

thunderdog1138 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 00:43
FreeLikeGNU wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 23:56
I use:

Code: Select all

 
  type = "npc",  --non aggro
  passive = false, -- will defend self
  attack_monsters = false,  -- wont defend against these
  attack_npcs = false, --or these
  attack_players = true, -- but will defend against players
  
Thanks! I assume this will work for type = "animal" too, right?

Scratch that, still not working (See for yourself). It's the stormtrooper mob that I'm trying to fix.
Hmm start a new map and test (or delete the map.sqlite in your worlds/<worldname> folder) to make sure no old troopers are in there

User avatar
Walker
Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 09:22
In-game: Walker

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by Walker » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 19:41
@Walker - api updated with another nil check :P
seems to work, thanks ;)

User avatar
Walker
Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 09:22
In-game: Walker

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by Walker » Post

Walker wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 14:04
TenPlus1 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 19:41
@Walker - api updated with another nil check :P
seems to work, thanks ;)
aaaaaaand crash xD

Code: Select all

2020-07-19 16:06:59: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_animal' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:199: attempt to index local 'b' (a nil value)
2020-07-19 16:06:59: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-07-19 16:06:59: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:199: in function 'get_distance'
2020-07-19 16:06:59: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:2009: in function 'follow_flop'
2020-07-19 16:06:59: ERROR[Main]: 	...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3442: in function <...a/sda3/Minetest/server3/.minetest/mods/mobs_redo/api.lua:3271>
seems you have to add a nil-check everywhere ^^

User avatar
FreeLikeGNU
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 02:50
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

Walker wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 14:09
...seems you have to add a nil-check everywhere ^^
TIML

User avatar
thunderdog1138
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 00:45
GitHub: thunderdog1138
In-game: thunderdog
Location: Venator-class Star Destroyer in the Xanadu System

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by thunderdog1138 » Post

FreeLikeGNU wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 03:45
thunderdog1138 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 00:43
FreeLikeGNU wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 23:56
I use:

Code: Select all

 
  type = "npc",  --non aggro
  passive = false, -- will defend self
  attack_monsters = false,  -- wont defend against these
  attack_npcs = false, --or these
  attack_players = true, -- but will defend against players
  
Thanks! I assume this will work for type = "animal" too, right?

Scratch that, still not working (See for yourself). It's the stormtrooper mob that I'm trying to fix.
Hmm start a new map and test (or delete the map.sqlite in your worlds/<worldname> folder) to make sure no old troopers are in there
Still not working. The API doc says that if passive = true then mobs will defend themselves, is this a mistake?
Check out my Star Wars subgame.

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
Posts: 2800
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Walker - It seems Minetest 5.3 is extremely unforgiving when it comes to entities popping out of existance :) more nil checks have been added...

@thunderdog1138 - api.txt updated, here is the mob definition for my npc's, they only attack when hit and will defend from monsters: https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/mobs_npc/s ... pc.lua#L11

User avatar
Walker
Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 09:22
In-game: Walker

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by Walker » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 06:35
@Walker - It seems Minetest 5.3 is extremely unforgiving when it comes to entities popping out of existance :) more nil checks have been added...

@thunderdog1138 - api.txt updated, here is the mob definition for my npc's, they only attack when hit and will defend from monsters: https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/mobs_npc/s ... pc.lua#L11
"more nil checks have been added..." really ? everywhere ? ... i mean really EVERYWHERE ?
no realy ... we talk about 5.3 ... EVERERERYRYWHERUSUS !!!?!

ok ... i try it out ^^

User avatar
Walker
Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 09:22
In-game: Walker

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.52] [mobs]

by Walker » Post

Walker wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:52
TenPlus1 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 06:35
@Walker - It seems Minetest 5.3 is extremely unforgiving when it comes to entities popping out of existance :) more nil checks have been added...

@thunderdog1138 - api.txt updated, here is the mob definition for my npc's, they only attack when hit and will defend from monsters: https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/mobs_npc/s ... pc.lua#L11
"more nil checks have been added..." really ? everywhere ? ... i mean really EVERYWHERE ?
no realy ... we talk about 5.3 ... EVERERERYRYWHERUSUS !!!?!

ok ... i try it out ^^
hmmm ... 15 minutes whithout crash ... seems to work ^^

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests