Convert Minecraft maps to Minetest WorldEdit schematics

Robsoie

Re: Convert Minecraft maps to Minetest WorldEdit schematics

by Robsoie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:24

Ah thanks, i thought there were some mods with such items floating somewhere as i had found this mysterious "doors:door_steel_t_1" mentionned in the bottom of :
https://github.com/minetest-mods/meseco ... s/init.lua

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:14

I also noticed there are several type of minecraft blocks aren't exported at all (as they're not even appearing as unknown so can't be replaced in handle schematics by example) , by example everything quartz or red clay isn't exported by example as i noticed when toying with a mini coloseum mc schematic from there .

after a normal export, as it was, all the blocks that were made originally of quartz or red clay aren't in the mts, so when importing in worldedit :
http://i.imgur.com/DcP1J2c.jpg

To fix this problem, i had to replace everything involving quartz (and the red clay too) by wood, stone and sandstone within MCEdit (fortunately it has an easy enough block replacer/filler) to be able to have those blocks exported :
http://i.imgur.com/gnw5tJZ.jpg

There are probably more MC type of blocks that aren't exported by as i am not versed in minecraft i have no idea which they are.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Jun 12, 2017 15:48

Robsoie wrote:I also noticed there are several type of minecraft blocks aren't exported at all (as they're not even appearing as unknown so can't be replaced in handle schematics by example) , by example everything quartz or red clay isn't exported by example as i noticed when toying with a mini coloseum mc schematic from there .

Take a look at my mccompat mod. It does register new nodes for a wide variety of MC nodes. You can even have them look as close to MC as possible if you provide the textures.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 21:11

Didn't noticed this mod before, thanks for pointing to it, i'll give it a try to see if it can convert the schematic into mts without losing several nodes.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Jun 12, 2017 21:14

Robsoie wrote:Didn't noticed this mod before, thanks for pointing to it, i'll give it a try to see if it can convert the schematic into mts without losing several nodes.

handle_schematics supports the .schematics format from MC as well. It doesn't support other formats and might not be the best idea for importing extremly big maps.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Previous

Return to Maps