[Map] Parkour

Kroukuk
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 18:08
In-game: Kroukuk

[Map] Parkour

by Kroukuk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 14:36

I made this singleplayer parkour some time ago.
It contains nine levels and one bonus level.

It was created in minetest 0.4.13 so there might be problems with older versions.
You also need the mesecons mod (https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=628) because it was too big to upload here.
However, all other necessary mods are included in the worldmods folder.

Have fun and tell me, if there are any problems :3

Parkour.zip
(495.82 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Parkour_screenshot2.png
(265.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Parkour_screenshot3.png
(500.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet


Also I hope I translated all signs.
if not you'll have to guess.
Or just ask me.

EDIT: I should mention that I modified the maptools mod. If you want the original mod, look it up here:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=1882
Last edited by Kroukuk on Sun May 13, 2018 08:58, edited 5 times in total.
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [map] parkour

by sofar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 21:26

Looks great from the screenshots. Have you considered building levels like this on the "Inside the Box" server? See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18406
 

Kroukuk
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 18:08
In-game: Kroukuk

Re: [map] parkour

by Kroukuk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 09:15

sofar wrote:Looks great from the screenshots. Have you considered building levels like this on the "Inside the Box" server? See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18406


Thank you.
I'm already playing on the server, maybe I'll try building a box soon :D
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [map] parkour

by sofar » Sat Mar 03, 2018 19:31

Kroukuk wrote:
sofar wrote:Looks great from the screenshots. Have you considered building levels like this on the "Inside the Box" server? See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18406


Thank you.
I'm already playing on the server, maybe I'll try building a box soon :D


Yeah, I saw you around the other day. Please, ask me (just mention my name in chat) if you need help!
 

Kroukuk
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 18:08
In-game: Kroukuk

Re: [map] parkour

by Kroukuk » Sun Mar 04, 2018 08:53

I noticed that I really forgot to translate a sign at the end of the parkour. '-_-
Also, there was a fence jump which was impossible in minetest 0.4.16.

So i fixed these two things
 

Kroukuk
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 18:08
In-game: Kroukuk

Re: [map] parkour

by Kroukuk » Sun Mar 04, 2018 09:17

sofar wrote:
Kroukuk wrote:
sofar wrote:Looks great from the screenshots. Have you considered building levels like this on the "Inside the Box" server? See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18406


Thank you.
I'm already playing on the server, maybe I'll try building a box soon :D


Yeah, I saw you around the other day. Please, ask me (just mention my name in chat) if you need help!


I will do that, thanks for your concern ^^
 

User avatar
solars
Member
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 15:16

Re: [map] parkour

by solars » Sun Mar 11, 2018 20:19

Kroukuk wrote:Also, there was a fence jump which was impossible in minetest 0.4.16.


****, **** *** and *****! I myself are not good at parkours. So I don't do them myself. But at my map, I have 2 parkours and a lot o fences. Do you think, it's all OK, when I replace fences with normal blocks like glass?

From your parkour map, I have seen only the screenshots. But I think, it looks very nice. Like a real jump and run game. :)
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube
 

Kroukuk
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 18:08
In-game: Kroukuk

Re: [map] parkour

by Kroukuk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 18:50

solars wrote:
Kroukuk wrote:Also, there was a fence jump which was impossible in minetest 0.4.16.


****, **** *** and *****! I myself are not good at parkours. So I don't do them myself. But at my map, I have 2 parkours and a lot o fences. Do you think, it's all OK, when I replace fences with normal blocks like glass?


That's indeed quite frustrating! Luckily it only concerned one jump at my parkour.
Instead of replacing the fences you could also move them closer together ouo
At parkours that are originally created with the new fences you can add a lot more cool and difficult jumps. So I still like them :D

solars wrote:From your parkour map, I have seen only the screenshots. But I think, it looks very nice. Like a real jump and run game. :)


I'm glad you like the looks ^^
 

User avatar
1248
Member
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 11:47
Location: Germany
GitHub: Der1248
In-game: 1248 or Der1248

Re: [map] parkour

by 1248 » Sat May 12, 2018 09:53

How can I get the chest in the tree?
Sorry for bad english
 

Kroukuk
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 18:08
In-game: Kroukuk

Re: [map] parkour

by Kroukuk » Sat May 12, 2018 16:40

1248 wrote:How can I get the chest in the tree?

You have to jump on the invisible blocks, that surround the area.

On that occasion, I noticed that another chest isn't reachable at all, so I'll try to fix this tomorrow. 'uwu
 

Kroukuk
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 18:08
In-game: Kroukuk
 

Christian_Soldier
Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 17:36
In-game: Christian_Soldier

Re: [Map] Parkour

by Christian_Soldier » Fri Jun 01, 2018 23:43

Nice map! :) And It's neat the way you get to the bonus level(though strangely the sticky piston doesn't work so I had to place a mesecon over it).
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0
 

Kroukuk
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 18:08
In-game: Kroukuk

Re: [Map] Parkour

by Kroukuk » Sun Jun 03, 2018 07:32

Christian_Soldier wrote:Nice map! :) And It's neat the way you get to the bonus level(though strangely the sticky piston doesn't work so I had to place a mesecon over it).

Thank you! I don't know why the piston wouldn't activate though. It works fine for me? Did you activate the switches? Are you maybe using an old mesecons version? Other than that I have no idea, what the problem could be. :/
 

User avatar
1248
Member
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 11:47
Location: Germany
GitHub: Der1248
In-game: 1248 or Der1248

Re: [Map] Parkour

by 1248 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 19:59

Ok, I finally found the way. Really nice map
Here my try.
Sorry for bad english
 

Kroukuk
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 18:08
In-game: Kroukuk

Re: [Map] Parkour

by Kroukuk » Tue Jun 19, 2018 17:50

1248 wrote:Ok, I finally found the way. Really nice map
Here my try.

Nice video again! If someone wants to try and and find the switches on their own, they might want to watch the video afterwards though. Or try to find the other two switches :3c
 


Return to Maps



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest