[ADVENTURE/PUZZLE/PARKOUR MAP] "Escape The Sewer"

Hume2
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [ADVENTURE/PUZZLE/PARKOUR MAP] "Escape The Sewer"

by Hume2 » Post

Download link is invalid, can you please fix it?
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

Hume2 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 17:55
Fixed.
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

MHL wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 03:45
Hume2 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 17:55
Fixed.
Now the link leads to a page with some text. There are two download links but none of them work.

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

The download link seems to be working now.

I advise you linking the mods from here, so it is clear what versions to use.

I enjoyed the map although I had to cheat once over time. Once I had to cheat at the place where I had to activate one pressure plate because I did not see the apple after it fell over the stair. Then I had to cheat because I didn't notice one hidden lever. And once I had to fly through an unknown node which was most likely caused by that I didn't use the required version of a mod.

At the beginning, I was told to watch the chat. However, I did not notice any messages until I got to the very end of the map.

MCL

by MCL » Post

Hume2 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 21:13
The download link seems to be working now.

I advise you linking the mods from here, so it is clear what versions to use.

I enjoyed the map although I had to cheat once over time. Once I had to cheat at the place where I had to activate one pressure plate because I did not see the apple after it fell over the stair. Then I had to cheat because I didn't notice one hidden lever. And once I had to fly through an unknown node which was most likely caused by that I didn't use the required version of a mod.

At the beginning, I was told to watch the chat. However, I did not notice any messages until I got to the very end of the map.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I've made a couple of maps similar to this one, but for Minecraft. I would love to make more of these for Minetest, but I don't know if I will, as doing this is way harder in Minetest because doing things like dialogues, scripted events, or cutscenes requires writing a custom mod, and it doesn't really make sense to spend a few days writing a mod for a map that only a few dozen people will play. Before Minecraft added command blocks, a mod called AdventureCraft used to be popular. The mod is still being developed but it's stuck on a 10+ year old version of the game and is nowhere near as popular as it used to be. It made it easy to create cutscenes, scripted events, and many other useful features. Maybe I could port the mod to Minetest one day...

//EDIT 2022-08-20: Fixed grammar
Last edited by MCL on Sat Aug 20, 2022 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

MHL wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 03:53
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I've made a couple of maps similar to this one, but for Minecraft. I would love to make more of these for Minetest, but I don't know if doing this is way harder in Minetest because doing things like dialogues, scripted events, or cutscenes requires writing a custom mod, and it doesn't really make sense to spend a few days writing a mod for a map that only a few dozen people will play. Before Minecraft added command blocks, a mod called AdventureCraft used to be popular. The mod is still being developed but it's stuck on a 10+ year old version of the game and is nowhere near as popular as it used to be. It made it easy to create cutscenes, scripted events, and many other useful features. Maybe I port the mod to Minetest one day...
Indeed, this is very limiting and I also came to this limitation. I was thinking about making a mod for various parkour and logical elements but I never started because I wouldn't have time to make any meaningful map anyway. So at least now I know that someone else could use that.

MCL

by MCL » Post

The MCL Web site is currently being moved to a new server, accessible under http://mcl.cubesoftware.xyz, therefore the Adsurv page is currently inaccessible, sorry for the inconvenience.
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-09-12 MCL has moved .png
Screenshot_2022-09-12 MCL has moved .png (46.78 KiB) Viewed 667 times