luk3yx
GitHub: luk3yx
IRC: luk3yx
In-game: luk3yx

Re: Earth by Lentebriesje - for MT

by luk3yx » Post

beesinmymouth13 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 09:16
Dang, I got here too late! No one is seeding anymore. Would someone be incredibly kind and give me a link, or a seed? Thank you so much!
I still have a copy of this map, you should be able to download it from https://us.xeroxirc.net/Earth_by_Lenteb ... t-v0.1.zip.
git_undo() { [ -e .git ] || return 1; local r=$(git remote get-url origin); cd ..; rm -rf "$OLDPWD"; git clone "$r" "$OLDPWD"; cd "$OLDPWD"; }

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

sofar wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 17:47
cx384 wrote:This map is not proportional! :-/
Well, I guess It couldn't because the earth is a sphere.
Obviously, NO
search spheretest in github ;P
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

mtvisitor
IRC: mtvisitor
In-game: mtvisitor

by mtvisitor » Post

luk3yx wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 19:12
I still have a copy of this map, you should be able to download it from https://us.xeroxirc.net/Earth_by_Lenteb ... t-v0.1.zip.
Thank you very much for your file sharing.
But the file size (3.3 GB) is too large and the data structure may need to be optimized.
The theme park could be a start point if the minetest game map could be used for a small real nature world.
Crane Zhou | My mt. world, my mt. dream | No money, no happy.

beesinmymouth13

by beesinmymouth13 » Post

Thank you all, this is wonderful! One question: the initial post says this map is 1:1500. 1500 what? What is the unit? Feet? Miles? Kilometers? And how long is 1 node (or block) in Minetest? Is it intended that 1 node = 1 meter? Thank you for all your help!

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

beesinmymouth13 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:08
Thank you all, this is wonderful! One question: the initial post says this map is 1:1500. 1500 what? What is the unit? Feet? Miles? Kilometers? And how long is 1 node (or block) in Minetest? Is it intended that 1 node = 1 meter? Thank you for all your help!
Scale are stated without units typically because if you divide a length by another length you just get a ratio that has no unit. That's what scaling something is, dividing all its dimensions by a scale factor.1 metre:15 metres is the same scale as 1 foot:15 feet.
Typically, 1 node is 1 metre typically in Minetest (it's possible to break this convention but I've never seen an exception). So in terms of this map for Minetest, that text is meant to convey 1 node = 1500 real metres. However, since it's claimed to be 32 km wide, and the earth's circumference at the equator is about 40,000 km, that would make the equatorial scale approximately 1:1250. The fact that the approximately spherical earth is mapped onto a rectangle also complicates things; the projection looks like a Miller cylindrical projection, which is a modified Mercator projection. In simple terms the scale is more incorrect the further a point is from the equator, and tends to make the north and south pole look way, way too large, for instance Greenland and Antarctica are nowhere near that big.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂