Minister Farrigut's Stuff

MinisterFarrigut
In-game: singleplayer

Minister Farrigut's Stuff

by MinisterFarrigut » Post

Hello all. Never actually contributed anything to this forum until now. Edit: Decided to make a thread for all my buildings.

What I have for you to view currently are screenshots of a resort I spent the last week building. I used about 50 mods on it which isn't a lot, but it's enough to keep the world going.

Here is what the place looks like so far. Anybody got any constructive critisism on how to make this a better house?
Last edited by MinisterFarrigut on Wed May 17, 2017 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
I build buildings. I don't usually make mods...I use them.

MinisterFarrigut

Re: Modern Resort Home

I'll have more screenshots if anyone wants to see more of the house.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

Good building. Very impressive to be honest. Maybe you can share us the map to see the house inside.
Have a nice day! :D

MinisterFarrigut

Well it's not entirely finished yet. I transfered it to another worldgen (valleys to be exact). I have some more screenies here.
I've gone ahead and added a fourth floor with one room that will serve as an armory. I'm trying to incorporate rooms from Iron Man's Malibu Mansion, but not all of them.
Here is the third floor entertainment room.
Third floor bathroom.
Pool house. Will be updated today.
The Garage.

More will come and the map is almost finished.

MinisterFarrigut

I expanded the garage area today and made a concrete driveway and pathway leading up to the main entrance. I also cut away a large section of ground and made a another garage area with a newer library room on top of it. The old library was removed and both walls taken out to make the living room area larger. In the garage area (the one in the screenshot) if you can look to the far right towards the back wall, I cut some of that out and made a storage cellar containing food, beverages, and tools in case I decide to go to survival mode.

Outside the house I put more grass and shrubs to make it look more natural and killed myself (lol) so that I knew where the spawn point was. However, the point changed on me every single time, so I placed TravelNets at every spot and one inside the garage so if I was killed somehow, I didn't lose the house. :) More screenshots to come.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Nice build :)
Love it when there's a bunch of "love" and detail in peoples creations.

MinisterFarrigut

Thank you very much. I take a lot of time with detail. I want to get everything right with this one.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Nice architecture. It's good to see a house developping. Maybe you ought to build on a server where it's easier to take a look at your creations :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

MinisterFarrigut

I would, but I've found it incredibly hard to make a server. I'll look for threads today that show how to make one.

MinisterFarrigut

Working today, I have placed spawners at random points throughout the world. I've used the cme mod and put many mobs into the world. I did this so people in survival mode would have a really wild experience. I've added railings onto multiple balconies and parts of the roof to allow stargazing or just viewing your world. I worked on the main bedroom located near the pool. I put in a desk, bookshelf, wiki, a bed (dur) lighting, and also built a passageway to the second floor bathroom. Later, I will add a first floor bathroom, a guestroom and a dining room.

Outside I used the not so simple bombs mod and literally threw a small house into the forest outside the property. After modifying this small home, I turned it into a gazette. I took out all four walls and replaced them with a wooden fence.

Here is a top view of the property so far. The gazette is not in this one...it's farther north. Pretty good, I must say.
The driveway. It splits off three ways-one to the main garage area, one to the secondary one, and the third (left) is a pathway to the front door.
Here is the secondary garage with the library on top of it. For garage doors I might use the Japanese doors in the home decor mod. There is a chest by the right side of the garage containing the doors.

I will most likely expand by building next to the garage with the library on top of it. I will add a guestroom, well, garden and a small farm where cows, sheep, horses, and chickens will live. I will then place gaurds and archers around the property. It's gonna be great.

MinisterFarrigut

I downloaded a crap ton of mods yesterday, one of which was the mydoors mod which includes a garage door. I used that instead of the Japanese walls for more interaction between player and the home. I also copied the world folder and made a worlds mod folder. I will put that on Mediafire very soon. Finally, my world is complete.

MinisterFarrigut

http://www.mediafire.com/file/htgut73ad ... t+Home.zip

Here is the download link to download a zip file containing everything for this map, including the mods, which there are 60 of.

Here is the driveway.
Here is the gazette I built. Santa comes free with every million purchases XD
Here is the viewing room which is connected to the pool. It has a drain from the pool.
Here is the kitchen.
Here are the horses on the world.

Have fun!

MinisterFarrigut

Re: Minister Farrigut's Stuff

Hello all, again. I have labored to produce a new item for you all to view and examine. A model of a ship that resembles the Titanic. I've named it RMS Farrigut (although my username is due to change).

Here she is. Currently, she has no fittings for rooms. I will have to accomplish that task at a later date. She has four funnels which could become operational with a mod. I wonder if I could hire someone to build a smoke mod that I could use for her funnels???? Idk.

I've used gray wool for an anchor which isn't exactly right...but oh well. I need to put lifeboats and lifeboat davits in soon and some lights.

A four funneled ocean liner that is about the size of the real ship, only smaller and with a few less enrichments.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

MinisterFarrigut wrote:I wonder if I could hire someone to build a smoke mod that I could use for her funnels???? Idk.

A four funneled ocean liner that is about the size of the real ship, only smaller and with a few less enrichments.
You could use the Fake Fire mod created by LazyJ and recess the source withing the top of the stacks.
(I was looking for a mod I thought I recalled named Chimney Top, but was unable to find it.)
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

MinisterFarrigut

Thanks, dawgdoc, I'll download it today and try it out.

MinisterFarrigut

I tried that mod out and it doesn't make any smoke for some reason.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

That's odd, since the thread has several posts discussing smoke. I guess the reason could be that the LazyJ version is 3 years old and may not be compatible with a newer version of MT.

Did you see the link to the new thread in the last post of the thread I linked? It has a version from the original author released January 2017.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

MinisterFarrigut

I think I did...I went to his thread but it looked like his fire didn't release any smoke.

MinisterFarrigut

On the Farrigut, I have added a cargo hold near the front of the ship and plan to do so at the stern. I've also added red wool for the floors of the rooms on each deck and started a new deck under the hull! This deck will have more rooms just in case.

MinisterFarrigut

Here is the ship so far. Looks a lot better than the previous version.
Comparison: OLD
NEW:

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

That ships looks nice. Very nice tbh.
Have a nice day! :D