Grassland-Map

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

Grassland-Map

by BirgitLachner » Post

I want to have a Map where there is only grassland, no snow and so on.

How can I do it.

I don't want to use worldedit within a singlenode air world.

kingoscargames
GitHub: kingoscargames
In-game: kingoscargames

Re: Grassland-Map

by kingoscargames » Post

Like a flat world?

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Yes, sure

kingoscargames
GitHub: kingoscargames
In-game: kingoscargames

by kingoscargames » Post

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Thanks, exactly what I'm looking for.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

You can use the engine's 'flat' mapgen and use a mod that redefines the biomes to have only grassland (with or without flora, caves, dungeons).
Because all this is done in the engine it will be much faster generating than using a lua mapgen like superflat and will cause no Lua lag.

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Thanks ... that a good idea, because "superflat" does not make endless worlds but limited. I was searching for the place where the size was defined, but did not found it yet.

Hmmm ... I played with the settings of mapgen-mods like Etherreal. So I just need to define the biome-definitions and delete all the other biome-definitions?

Devy
GitHub: DevyHeavy
In-game: devy

by Devy » Post

BirgitLachner wrote:Thanks ... that a good idea, because "superflat" does not make endless worlds but limited. I was searching for the place where the size was defined, but did not found it yet.

Hmmm ... I played with the settings of mapgen-mods like Etherreal. So I just need to define the biome-definitions and delete all the other biome-definitions?
@BirgitLachner, I know this is a kind of old topic, but I thought I would make a quick mod for you. Here's the Github page https://github.com/CoderForTheBetter/grassland. Here's the direct download from the Github page https://github.com/CoderForTheBetter/gr ... master.zip. The grasslands are unlimited, they continue forever. If you do want the grasslands to be limited then there may be ways.

Just download and extract that and rename the folder to "grassland" move it to your mods folder, and then create a world and select any mapgen to make all biomes into grasslands. I would recommend the "flat" mapgen. Make sure to enable the mod before playing the world and you should be set. Installing it works just like any other mod.

It uses the method just like paramat described above, so it will be the fastest map generation you can get without modifying the core of Minetest.

The only problem I have with this is that caves will still cut through the surface, but there may be ways to disable them. Also, dungeons are still generating. Maybe paramat will be nice enough to give me a few pointers (if he sees this). :)

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Thanks a lot Devy ... that saves a lot of time for me.