Simple Texture-Pack Test Map

MysticTempest
GitHub: MysticTempest

Simple Texture-Pack Test Map

by MysticTempest » Post

So, I needed a texture pack test map for Minetest Game to fully display my textures.
But, there doesn't seem to be any current ones; so I went ahead and created a simplistic one.

I'm pretty sure I got all the major nodes with unique textures, but it's possible I missed something.
The world is creative, and 'flat'; with a simple tower platform to stand on for the perfect view.

It is to be used with "Minetest 5.x". As I've added in the new nodes like the kelp node.
So, just a heads up if you use another version; as you will see unknown nodes.

Anyway, hope this is of some use to any other texture pack creators.

Edit: Update - September 2019 - Added grass_with_footsteps, cave_ice, steel bar door & steel bar trapdoor. Also, slightly rearranged the map & added a worldmod to stop some of the ABM griefing of the map.

Preview using the default Minetest Game textures:

Download:
https://github.com/MysticTempest/Simple ... master.zip
Last edited by MysticTempest on Mon Sep 23, 2019 09:40, edited 6 times in total.
REFI_Texture Pack: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20355 - Supports MineClone2 up to v0.80, MTG, and more.

gimp
GitHub: mrowlbio
IRC: Sasuke_Uchiha
In-game: Sasuke_Uchiha

Re: Simple Texture-Pack Test Map

by gimp » Post

Nice! this is really useful for people who want to test their texture packs!
thTKKKwDe0hkkFGbHye4NxNnnceXMJTL

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Sweet! Been looking for this. Put it on Github?

MysticTempest

by MysticTempest » Post

Thanks, glad y'all like it!

@texmex: No, I hadn't planned on putting it on Github. Seemed a bit excessive for such a small file.
I wanted to attach it to my post, but I keep getting "413 Request Entity Too Large" errors when attempting to add it.
So, I just tossed it up on Dropbox.
REFI_Texture Pack: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20355 - Supports MineClone2 up to v0.80, MTG, and more.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

MysticTempest wrote:I wanted to attach it to my post, but I keep getting "413 Request Entity Too Large" errors when attempting to add it.
Put it on GitHub then.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

I think that for this purpose, Dropbox is totally fine...
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

kestral
GitHub: kestral246

by kestral » Post

MysticTempest,

Thanks for adding the dry_dirt nodes. I just discovered them last week, and using your Test Map was an easy way to make sure I got them all added correctly in my default_grid texture pack.

There are a couple more nodes that you might want to consider adding:
  • default:cave_ice - I need to explicitly override this texture, but there's no reason other texture packs couldn't choose to override this too.
  • default:dirt_with_grass_footsteps - Not sure whether anyone still uses this, but for completeness I override this node too.

MysticTempest

by MysticTempest » Post

kestral wrote:MysticTempest,

Thanks for adding the dry_dirt nodes. I just discovered them last week, and using your Test Map was an easy way to make sure I got them all added correctly in my default_grid texture pack.

There are a couple more nodes that you might want to consider adding:
  • default:cave_ice - I need to explicitly override this texture, but there's no reason other texture packs couldn't choose to override this too.
  • default:dirt_with_grass_footsteps - Not sure whether anyone still uses this, but for completeness I override this node too.
Hey Kestral,

Thanks! Glad to hear you found this map pretty useful!

Ooh yea, I totally forgot about those 2 as they're set to not show in the creative inventory. So, I went ahead, and added them both in.
I know cave_ice is a somewhat "recent" addition, but yea I think the footsteps one is just legacy. Either way it's in there now.

I also made a few slight rearrangements to the map, as well as adding a worldmod to alias some of the farming soils, mushrooms & the fire node into static clones.
As they've been annoying me for a while with their ABMs breaking persistence of the map. So, things will be more static now.
But, you may need to add a couple temp overrides depending on your texture pack.

Oh, and looks like MTG just got a steel bar door & trapdoor; so that's now in the map as well.