The Ultimate Minetest Platformer Map (for version 0.4.13)

manwithtoomuchtime

The Ultimate Minetest Platformer Map (for version 0.4.13)

by manwithtoomuchtime » Post

A few months back i got board and started making a platformer map in minetest. I put a lot of work into it so i figured i might as well upload it. The game has 10 levels, although the last one is vary long and unlike other levels, has several save points. The save points are only beds so you will have to set the time to 20000 and sleep every time start a new level.

When i started making this map, i was making it in Minetes version 0.4.13. In this version i noticed a bug (feature) where you can double jump up 2 blocks while holding CTRL but it seems this no longer works in newer versions. Meaning that most of this game WILL NOT WORK ON NEWER VERSIONS. (unless fixed)

I also put chests filled with food at every save point, but i didn't realize i had the 'cme' mod on. I have included this mod in the archive attached but is not really needed. But if you do not install it, you will only see half the food items in the chests. (hard mode)

Once you have beaten the map, you will come out just outside of my poorly constructed city. (this started out as just a screw around map for months and has a lot of random junk all over the place) There is also a massive maze hidden somewhere in the map, but its nowhere near the main map area and is somewhere under the city.
Think of that as a bonus game. ;)

I couldn't get the 'upload attachment' feature on this forum to work for me, so i just uploaded the file off site.
DOWNLOADS:
link 1: https://ufile.io/8fe8y
link 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OKhOvd ... sp=sharing

level 1

level 3

level 4

level 5

level 7

level 10

level 10

level 10

level 10

image 10

end of game

TO INSTALL:
most should know what to do, but just in case, extract the folder called 'Ultimate Platformer' directly to the '/worlds' folder located in the '/.minetest' folder.
then extract the 'cme' into the '/.minetest/mods/' folder
open Minetest, select 'Ultimate Platformer' and click 'configure'
click on the 'cme' mod and then click 'Enable MP'
finally, turn off 'creative mode', turn on 'enable damage', and enjoy :)
also, running fast will be vary important in this map, so you might have to type in '/grant singleplayer fast, but using any other '/grant' command is cheating!

please let me know what you think of it and if you enjoyed it.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: The Ultimate Minetest Platformer Map (for version 0.4.13

by TumeniNodes » Post

If you set this up with a github repository, others could help update it, add to it, or fix something, etc..
A Wonderful World

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

manwithtoomuchtime wrote:When i started making this map, i was making it in Minetes version 0.4.13. In this version i noticed a bug (feature) where you can double jump up 2 blocks while holding CTRL but it seems this no longer works in newer versions. Meaning that most of this game WILL NOT WORK ON NEWER VERSIONS. (unless fixed)
You can "fix" that by overwriting the per-player movement property "new_move". The easiest way for you is probably to update to 0.4.16 (or 0.4.17 as soon it's out) and install this mod. Then enable it in your world and switch to the Settings tab to change the movement code to legay (or old): Advanced Settings -> Mods -> sneak_glitch -> "Use old sneak code" -- set to "Enabled".
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

CBugDCoder
GitHub: CBugDCoder
IRC: CBugDCoder
In-game: CalebDavis

by CBugDCoder » Post

I very much enjoyed this map although I did get lost on the jungle level XD.
My Mods: Mob AI Glider

coatmor

by coatmor » Post

Hi!

I am working in an association that uses Minetest for educational purposes. Such a mod interests us much. Unfortunately, the links above are dead or non-free. Is there another to download it and test it? Anyways about a Github or Gitlab repository? And about upgrades to more recent versions of Minetest (we are using 4.17)?

Many thanks!

niwla23
In-game: Niwla

by niwla23 » Post

You could use my parkour mod to get better checkpoints

GitHub: Der1248
In-game: 1248 or Der1248

Re: The Ultimate Minetest Platformer Map (for version 0.4.13)

by 1248 » Post

I played this map about two years ago and I have to say this is one of the best minetest parcour maps I ever played. I would realy like it if you would make a new one. I also made some videos about the map.
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

Re: The Ultimate Minetest Platformer Map (for version 0.4.13)

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

Does anyone still have the map file? The original downloads don't work anymore.