[OLD] [SURVIVAL MAP] Mcl2-jars!

rudzik8
GitHub: rudzik8
In-game: db75c and rudzik8

[OLD] [SURVIVAL MAP] Mcl2-jars!

by rudzik8 » Post

This map is abandoned and not recommended to play. If you have time - please, remake it ;-)

Mcl2-jars[
On this map, you have nine jars to explore and survive! In each jar there is a chest with useful loot. Try to make all of 20 goals and kill the Wither! All mods included via "worldmods".

Image 1. Plant and grow 20 saplings
2. Empty the starting bottle
3. Loot all the chests on the map
4. Find all the secrets
5. Build a cactus farm
6. Build an automatic sugar cane farm
7. Build a mob farm
8. Get all the records
9. Get any head
10. Make and break 2 diamond hoes
11. Visit all dimensions
12. Kill the Wither
13. Build your own jar
14. Dig out 4 stacks of cobblestones using a cobblestone generator
15. Make any farm that doesn't exist in this list
16. Put ghast in a minecart and take him for a ride
17. Make 10 cakes
18. Ride a pig, and sitting on it without a fishing rod with a carrot, get into a boat :)
19. Blow up a jar
20. Eat all possible food in Mineclone 2. The license of the map: CC0

Download from Google Drive

P.S. Forum attachments doesn't work for me ("HTTP Error"). Sorry for any mistakes in the post, my english isn't so good :-(
Last edited by rudzik8 on Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
My english isn't so good, sorry. || You can check out my mods here (and maps here)

rob123
GitHub: qwerty123a2
In-game: joe and joergeg

Re: [SURVIVAL MAP] Mcl2-jars!

by rob123 » Post

rudzik8 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 05:35

Mcl2-jars

On this map, you have nine jars to explore and survive! In each jar there is a chest with useful loot. Try to make all of 20 goals and kill the Wither! All mods included via "worldmods".

Image 1. Plant and grow 20 saplings
2. Empty the starting bottle
3. Loot all the chests on the map
4. Find all the secrets
5. Build a cactus farm
6. Build an automatic sugar cane farm
7. Build a mob farm
8. Get all the records
9. Get any head
10. Make and break 2 diamond hoes
11. Visit all dimensions
12. Kill the Wither
13. Build your own jar
14. Dig out 4 stacks of cobblestones using a cobblestone generator
15. Make any farm that doesn't exist in this list
16. Put ghast in a minecart and take him for a ride
17. Make 10 cakes
18. Ride a pig, and sitting on it without a fishing rod with a carrot, get into a boat :)
19. Blow up a jar
20. Eat all possible food in Mineclone 2. The license of the map: CC0

Download from Google Drive

P.S. Forum attachments doesn't work for me ("HTTP Error"). Sorry for any mistakes in the post, my english isn't so good :-(
the following mods could not be found:mcl_copper mcl_nether_gold mcl_wither_spawing

Whats the goal if the map?
If my post says something, it is a opinion and not fact unless i say so

rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

rob123 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 09:15
the following mods could not be found:mcl_copper mcl_nether_gold mcl_wither_spawing

Whats the goal if the map?
1) idk really. these mods are already should be included with the world via worldmods, but if it didn't work for you - just download them and enable manually (these can be found on ContentDB easily as i can know)
2) maybe "of the map"? just open the "Goals" spoiler then
My english isn't so good, sorry. || You can check out my mods here (and maps here)

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

I had the same bug where it couldn't find the world mods at first, but when I later disabled the version downloaded from ContentDB, it worked fine? Dunno what that was about.
Also, while I have seen some nether gold, where does copper play into this? As far as I know there is no way to get any. edit: Never mind, I found some copper.

Also also, I noticed that the player starts with some cheaty privs, chef amongst them the fly priv. Might want to change that.

1. Plant and grow 20 saplings - done
2. Empty the starting bottle - done
screenshot_20220501_073923.png
screenshot_20220501_073923.png (278.3 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
3. Loot all the chests on the map - done
4. Find all the secrets - have found 3, is that all?
7. Build a mob farm - done
screenshot_20220501_073747.png
screenshot_20220501_073747.png (82.44 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
Eventually a mob will spawn there, wander of, and die.
9. Get any head - done (I found a wither skull in a chest :P)
10. Make and break 2 diamond hoes - not doing this, since it's grinding for the sole sake of grinding
12. Kill the Wither - about that ...
14. Dig out 4 stacks of cobblestones using a cobblestone generator - done

About that mob farm and wither tasks.
In short, like in all other minetest games I have seen so far, the mob spawn rates are atrocious.
I am mostly sure that I have found everything there is to find, and have found 1 wither skeleton skull. Now, I could make all the netherrack into nether brick to build a small farm for them, but I have run the numbers and it would take about 40 hours to get a single skull, which seems rather unreasonable. (Also I have no soulsand.)

Similarly, a generic overworld mob farm would need some 30 000 nodes of spawning spaces to even begin taking advantage of the maximum possible spawning capabilities and even under optimal conditions it won't produce more than ~ 5 and half stacks of bones per hour and you would have to keep running around to manually collect them. Just doesn't seem worth the effort.

Aaand having written all of this I realize that I still haven't been to the end, so who knows what I am missing there. On the other hand, the nether was completely empty, so ... .

I noticed that the three missing tree types coincide with the saplings the farmer villager sell, except that these trades are only offered in world using the v6 mapgen, so I hope you aren't counting on that.

All that said, I have been having fun so far. My next steps are going to be a main storage (and I literally just now realized that the ender chest could also contain stuff) and setting up villager trading.

PS: Is there a way to get more dirt? I know in Minecraft you can piglin barter -> gravel -> coarse dirt -> farmland -> dirt. But I don't know if Mineclone has anything like that.
Last edited by Skamiz Kazzarch on Sun May 01, 2022 09:26, edited 1 time in total.

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

Warning!
One of the large jungle tree schematics is bad and will destroy the dirt under the saplings.
screenshot_20220501_095031.png
screenshot_20220501_095031.png (183.88 KiB) Viewed 1158 times

rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

Skamiz Kazzarch wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 06:39
9. Get any head - done (I found a wither skull in a chest :P)
well, i've added this goal to make players grind (currently, you can get heads in mcl just by killing VERY BIG amount of mobs, it's just too rare, not like in mc)
and wither skulls on the map were added so you can easily spawn wither... maybe there's less than 3 really, this map was created quite long ago

about anything else - i'm glad you're playing on my map and having fun! but it has too much problems, so i think i'll take a pause on making my mcl_decor mod and just remake the map for new vanilla MineClone 2 (won't try to update this one, too much issues as i've said, weird design and so on)
also: what's about non-square jars/bottles? like, "3D"?