[abandoned] metrotest, a metro simulator

Unacceptium_core
GitHub: Unacceptium
IRC: same as ingame names
In-game: unacceptium or unbihexium or ununennium or unbiquadium

[abandoned] metrotest, a metro simulator

by Unacceptium_core » Post

i'm abandoned the map, because of the lack of interest and time i got for it. also, my phone is so bad, i can't really do real things on it.
so, downloads only work for next year june, because storage space isn't grow on trees. old text goes like:

-I'm working on a map called metrotest, the first line have an average 1 hour lenght, 35 stops with exits,
the second line is just a short test track at this moment, continous updates and high FPS on potato devices. mod list is in the screenshots.

-there is a small story about the line 1:
at firsts, a lot of years ago, a part of the system is a mining railway. some years ago this line is made for transporting cargo. after that with ~1 year, the cities the line connected is grown big because of tourism. the line got some small (1 tramcar long) stops from yellow end. now todays, the line got 2-tramcar long stops, double rails...

check out my insta and YT channel for more images and videos about the map

-also this map is heavily inspired by HMMSIM2, and Proton Bus. if you like simulators, give these a try!

--------

download links deleted. the map is archived and no longer available. its just an experiment i failed in.

---------

please let me know what can i improve. i'm open for ideas, bc i dont really have any...

V3 update contains:
-more scenes with double rails
-more details
-mods in the world folder

V3.1 update contains:
-ALL mods added to the file(i hope)
-new drive-storage(Google Drive->Proton Drive)
-rar file, because of its smaller and more trustable
-small changes, like more charger wires...

also i used a custom speed limit "design": red means slow/aproaching station(>6ms)
orange means medium slow(>10ms)
yellow:medium (>15ms)
green:max(20ms)

future plans:
-most scenes get double rails
-more details
Line 2 started

supported games:
-minetest game
Attachments
IMG_20230502_173204.png
IMG_20230502_173204.png (812.69 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
a1679257159532.png
a1679257159532.png (505.67 KiB) Viewed 2788 times
a1679257146764.png
a1679257146764.png (353.93 KiB) Viewed 2788 times
Last edited by Unacceptium_core on Tue Dec 26, 2023 21:21, edited 20 times in total.
🇭🇺-i play on android! Metrotest map

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: [map] metrotest, a metro simulator

by Blockhead » Post

I was looking through r/Minetest and noticed your screenshot comparison between Woolen Mesh and U-Bahn-Station Keplerplatz. I was thinking that pkarcs would work well, although it's not available for coloured concrete, only bakedclay.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Unacceptium_core

pkarcs is (if i saw right) full blocks. the wesh models i made is 0,5-0,5 in the corner. this is mostly noticeable at the side, where the leds is. i think these arcs are too big.

Unacceptium_core

i started to optimize the railway, and made some part more detailed and better with double rails.
Attachments
IMG_20230402_194424.png
IMG_20230402_194424.png (921.63 KiB) Viewed 2637 times
IMG_20230402_194104.png
IMG_20230402_194104.png (725.4 KiB) Viewed 2637 times

Unacceptium_core

started a new line, the line 2. theres actually no stops, just the start point. but some meters after, theres a new depot with charger wires for the battery trams.
Attachments
IMG_20230402_191952.png
IMG_20230402_191952.png (913.99 KiB) Viewed 2637 times

Unacceptium_core

just started the line 2. now, the main starting point has an extra platform and charger wires.
Attachments
now, 3 trams can be charging here at the same time.
now, 3 trams can be charging here at the same time.
IMG_20230402_193014.png (905.58 KiB) Viewed 2634 times

Unacceptium_core

Remade a very bad scene! just made a simple stop and connection to dungeons!
Attachments
IMG_20230402_194711.png
IMG_20230402_194711.png (838.7 KiB) Viewed 2634 times

Unacceptium_core

Some updates happened again! more info on the screenshots:
Attachments
IMG_20230404_051932u.png
IMG_20230404_051932u.png (768.24 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
IMG_20230403_101756.png
IMG_20230403_101756.png (794.48 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
IMG_20230403_102052.png
IMG_20230403_102052.png (503.91 KiB) Viewed 2613 times

Hupfi1
GitHub: Hupfi1
IRC: Hupfi1
In-game: Hupfi

by Hupfi1 » Post

What is the password for the rar-file?

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

This looks quite intresting, but unfortunately i am unable to extract the file.

Could you provide a more widely-used and open format, such as tar or zip alongside the RAR file to make it easier to use your world?

Consider using A zip application to create the files.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Very strange, the first version didn't have a rar password. Very strange to not provide it now.. in fact what does it prevent? Redistribution without the password?

I agree that the author should be shipping in zip, tar.gz or some other nicer format. RAR is old school, more associated with warez these days.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Unacceptium_core

sorry,i missclicked and added a password!!
and also dont remember it :(
i upload the new version in minutes (zip).

Unacceptium_core

Blockhead wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 01:53
Very strange, the first version didn't have a rar password.
repaired.

56independent_actual

This looks very intresting and impressive, especially the fact it was written on mobile!

Here are some suggestions:
  • Place all the required mods in the worldmods directory inside the world; this way, it works out-of-the-box and does not need involved installation by other users.
  • Build at least something of interest on top! Stations exist to connect people to intresting places, whether that's a cool tree you found or someone's house. But to be honest, not even i follow this rule.
  • Write down a map of stations! It's quite fun and can really help other users!
  • The tunnels seem to have exposed surfaces, which can get quite ugly in some people's eyes.
  • Try to learn some interlocking. It does have a large learning curve, so consider reading my tutorial. Once done, you can easily tell trains where to go.
  • At least include some automation; station tracks (just one where you want the head of the train to stop!) can stop trains easily and tell passengers the names of the station; interlocking can prevent crashes, and multiple trains all running together on the same line is nice and prevents us from having to drive.
Here are the maps:
The attachment all.png is no longer available
all.png
all.png (1018.13 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
And their source code (it's SVG, so you can paste it into some SVG file and open it with an SVG editor):

https://pastebin.com/RsH6K5yE

https://pastebin.com/DXq9nKWQ
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

Unacceptium_core

thanks!
-world mods folder:i don't know how this work(bc i'm new to MT), so i just let everyone install it manually
-something interesting? hmm, i'm really bad at design and ideas, it would be easier if there is a city where i can build my metro, but the citygen mod not starts, and i don't found any similar mods. a possible reason is i'm not searched enought,
-stations doesn't have names. i would like ideas about...
also i can't find a good and working SVG editor for mobile, so the only way is a png or similar :(
-you are right, even sometimes i just want to stop to fill them, but some parts just looks good and also i'm too lazy...
-as you saw at the title, this map made to be driven by the player, meaning that 'where to stop?' is need to be figured out by the driver. there is blocks with different color under the rails, and you need to stop on top of them
-knowing the station names: in the future, i will try to idea some stop names. i want them to be 🇭🇺 or just 🇭🇺-inspired. like when a stop is far from others, it will get a city name like [Érd alsó] translates to [érd lower, meaning that its a south part of the city] inner city parts will get street names or similar like Pék utca [baker street] or like [ kelenvölgy-péterhegy]- kelen Valley,péter mountain* etc... also can you help me find an svg editor for android, wich is working?..
i want the map to be similar to the style of ÖPNVkarte.

also, thanks for ideas!

* this stop in real life is an interchange between line 41 tram and some bus lines in a small valley.

Unacceptium_core

And their source code (it's SVG, so you can paste it into some SVG file and open it with an SVG editor):

https://pastebin.com/RsH6K5yE

https://pastebin.com/DXq9nKWQ
not work
see:
Attachments
Screenshot_20230408-134840.png
Screenshot_20230408-134840.png (175.69 KiB) Viewed 2459 times

56independent_actual

Unacceptium_core wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:44
-world mods folder:i don't know how this work(bc i'm new to MT), so i just let everyone install it manually
It's quite simple; you make a folder called "worldmods" in the directory of the world, and inside it you treat it like any other mods directory. You can then put in the Advtrains directory and other things. Here is a diagram:

Code: Select all

. World root
| - map.sqlite
| - world.mt
| - xyz
|
| - worldmods
  | - advtrains
  | - travelnet
  | - xyz
-something interesting? hmm, i'm really bad at design and ideas, it would be easier if there is a city where i can build my metro, but the citygen mod not starts, and i don't found any similar mods. a possible reason is i'm not searched enought,
Maybe build things yourself. It'd be a little challenge with a good result; you can make houses and buildings like anything you like.

If you want to use citygen, contact the developer of that mod with the error which prevents it from starting. They might be glad to help you solve the problem.
-stations doesn't have names. i would like ideas about...
-knowing the station names: in the future, i will try to idea some stop names. i want them to be 🇭🇺 or just 🇭🇺-inspired. like when a stop is far from others, it will get a city name like [Érd alsó] translates to [érd lower, meaning that its a south part of the city] inner city parts will get street names or similar like Pék utca [baker street] or like [ kelenvölgy-péterhegy]- kelen Valley,péter mountain* etc... also can you help me find an svg editor for android, wich is working?..
Have fun with station names. Since you're in an international context, most players won't go to the bother of learning hungarian for the puns you might write. For example, in English, one may write "Technic Station", playing with the word "station" referring both to a train station and a place for interacting with public technic machines. That's quite a boring pun, but many more are available. Maybe you could play with the way the grammar works, mixing prefixes and affixes in a slightly-deranged way which causes mallegibility for native speakers but makes a catchy station name.

Have a look at Linuxforks for inspiration on how to build railway lines and name stations; they have a lot of cool intellectual property ready to be stolen.

They even have a map for you to zoom into junctions!

https://notsyncing.net/maps.linux-forks.de
-as you saw at the title, this map made to be driven by the player, meaning that 'where to stop?' is need to be figured out by the driver. there is blocks with different color under the rails, and you need to stop on top of them
Intresting idea! I can see where you're going and i like it!

i want the map to be similar to the st ... PNVkarte.

That's an intresting idea. Mapserver can provide a map quite easily, but you'll need a computer to render the map.

You can use the Mapserver Mod to place blocks showing where the train lines are. From there, you can colour them shades of yellow or blue based on railway type.

Unacceptium_core wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:49
not work

also i can't find a good and working SVG editor for mobile, so the only way is a png or similar :(
Sorry, i sent over the Inkscape-SVG files (which is as compatible with "pure" SVGs as Minetest mods are to
the Minecraft engine).

Here's them in a more standard format:

https://pastebin.com/P3U6VsGw

https://pastebin.com/KvVVpT0B

As for editors, it's true little choice exists. You could open them using the web browser, but then you can't deconstruct the map.

Why not try https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... umbnaillab or https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .svgviewer ?

Unacceptium_core

you got me some good ideas; thanks for tem:
-world folder: i saw it auto generated, just not sure about. but can i place the mods here without bein copyrighted? i know nothing about usage or etc rights
-build something? i "started" but its a lot of time, and i want a driveable train line not a city :/
maybe i build some small buildings like village houses and panel buildings
-station names: hmm... maybe in the future... i don't want road names like Washington have: 19.street 34.street. TF they do that? at where i live, the streets called after persons, factorys/factoris*, interesting places, and whats nearby... like határ út-border street- border of kispest and kőbánya. i fear about 🇭🇺stop names will be iritating to others...
-the maps you linked looks wow the problem is as i said before, i don't have PC, or consoles, or anything except my phone wich is a potato
-svg you sent before is work, but i needed to find an other viewer program. what you linked:i tried the first one. its a $#!+ and not work for me. i tried infinite painter, paintersvg, inker, and a lot of similars but nop :(

Unacceptium_core

56independent (sry my browser cant write the full name out)
why there is a lot of stop called vomit? these stop names have less ideas than mines i think

wait, trap city as stop name? NO WAY

56independent_actual

Unacceptium_core wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 14:08
-world folder: i saw it auto generated, just not sure about. but can i place the mods here without bein copyrighted? i know nothing about usage or etc rights
Most mods go under a license which allows you to freely copy them everywhere. I wouldn't worry about most mods, especially if they're just moving around your phone. Nobody is there to enforce it. There isn't a small rendőr in your phone watching every file transfer.
-build something? i "started" but its a lot of time, and i want a driveable train line not a city :/
maybe i build some small buildings like village houses and panel buildings
That's perfectly fine as long as everything stays underground. The above ground should at least have potemkin buildings, little fronts of buildings making it look like a populated city.

Build this to make things look nice without much effort:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/--Or4PSx1jo0/ ... /potem.jpg

i fear about 🇭🇺stop names will be iritating to others...
Don't worry, if people get irritated by you using your mother tounge, you're interacting with the wrong people.
-the maps you linked looks wow the problem is as i said before, i don't have PC, or consoles, or anything except my phone wich is a potato
-svg you sent before is work, but i needed to find an other viewer program. what you linked:i tried the first one. its a $#!+ and not work for me. i tried infinite painter, paintersvg, inker, and a lot of similars but nop :(
That's sad. Try importing it into this website?

http://svgeditoronline.com/editor/

Unfortunately, a lot of minetest-based things are designed for the greater computing power, speed, and display size of a computer. Consider getting a computer; it will really help push you forwards in minetest.
why there is a lot of stop called vomit? these stop names have less ideas than mines i think
Because the stops themselves are on some of the ugliest ground on the entire server, so i obviously called them vomit.
Take what you like and abandon what you don't; it's a strategy that works whenever you are choosing something.

Unacceptium_core

Consider getting a computer; it will really help push you forwards in minetest.
i want! i don't have enought 💸for :'(
[Most mods go under a license which allows you to freely copy them everywhere. I wouldn't worry about most mods, especially if they're just moving around your phone. Nobody is there to enforce it. There isn't a small rendőr in your phone watching every file transfer.
oksa! i will get the mods here in the next version!
WAIT if the map have mods already installed, isn't it called game?
rendőr
just translated, or you speak the same lang as me?
potemkin building? you doesn't saw any here? ALL i built (like the house-throught scene or the bridge^^^) except stops is based on that strategy.
Because the stops themselves are on some of the ugliest ground on the entire server, so i obviously called them vomit.
Take what you like and abandon what you don't; it's a strategy that works whenever you are choosing something
XXXDDD

56independent_actual

Unacceptium_core wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 14:40
i want! i don't have enought 💸for :'(
How much did you get your phone for? There are good laptops available for as low as €250, such as the Acer Spin 1, which i use at school.
Not quite; a game allows you to make multiple maps under a single modset.
you speak the same lang as me?
I do! Just that it's not Hungarian but English.

Unacceptium_core

How much did you get your phone for? There are good laptops available for as low as €250, such as the Acer Spin 1, which i use at school.
my phone is around 22 000HUF (58.71 eur 64.03 usd) it is a Gigaset GS190
Not quite; a game allows you to make multiple maps under a single modset.
you are right.

Unacceptium_core

Some updates happened again! will be included in version 3.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230409-081623.png
Screenshot_20230409-081623.png (146.36 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
double rail stop, after the double level red stop
double rail stop, after the double level red stop
Screenshot_20230409-081710.png (371.76 KiB) Viewed 2398 times

Unacceptium_core

today, some more scenes got double rails! made in the factory, during a break! :)
Attachments
Screenshot_20230414-123030.png
Screenshot_20230414-123030.png (272.94 KiB) Viewed 2313 times
Screenshot_20230414-090919.png
Screenshot_20230414-090919.png (619.05 KiB) Viewed 2313 times
Last edited by Unacceptium_core on Fri Jun 02, 2023 20:43, edited 4 times in total.