[Map] Karsthafen

solars

[Map] Karsthafen

by solars » Post

The name of the map is Karsthafen (Karst-Harbour). There a few villages on the map. Some are finished, like the Rote Stadt (Red City):
rotestadt.jpg
rotestadt.jpg (60.44 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
[/size]
And other cities are not finished yet, like Königsdorf (Kings Village):
koenigsdorf.jpg
koenigsdorf.jpg (81.59 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
[/size]
All what you see on the map is build with the vanilla minetest-game + Worldedit. So, you don't need additional mods for this map.

The Singleplayer will start in the town Karsthafen, the biggest finished city on the map.

At the center of the map, you will find the Architektendenkmal (architects monument). You can reach it everytime by tipping '/teleport 0 0 0' in the chat. And there you will find a wall with signs that tell you the positions of the main attractions on the map.

And here is the Download:
Karsthafen_2019-12-10.tar.gz (5.2 GB).

For a short instruction how to install maps on your Minetest, look there: How do I install maps?

Recomended system requirements:
- Minetest 5.0 or higher
- Minetest Game
- WorldEdit
- 17 GB free disk space

A with Minestmapper generated map of Karsthafen can you find there: karsthafen_2019-12-10.png (30,5 MB)

In this forum, there are this additional threads to the Karsthafen map:
Discussion thread in German
A fork from Hupfi1 width new subways.

Youtube-Playlists with Movies about Karsthafen:
All About Karsthafen (by solars): Videos about the origin and the updates of Karsthafen. (In German with English subtitles)
Impressions of Karsthafen (by solars): Videos that show places in Karsthafen.
Minetest Map - Karsthafen (by Walker): A lets play that shows the Map. (In German)
Minetest Bearbeitung Map "Karsthafen" (by Hupfi1): A short Video that shows the fork "Karsthafen Subway".

The licence of the map: CC-BY-SA 4.0

Comments and critics are welcome. ;)

Have fun!
Attachments
karsthafen_banner.png
karsthafen_banner.png (191.84 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
Last edited by solars on Wed Apr 28, 2021 21:38, edited 65 times in total.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Wow! This looks extremely awesome! Can't wait for a download! You can upload the map to Dropbox, you have 2GB space in the free version (but you need to register there)...

solars

by solars » Post

Dropbox won't work at my computer. Now I have uploadet it 2 times. First time with drag and drop, after 3 1/2 hour upload (during the upload the net was not usable for other things...) and 1,2 GB uploaded data comes an error: "Ihr PC unterstützt möglicherweise keine Drag- und Drop-Uploads" (Your PC possible can't use drag and drop uploads). Then I uploaded the file a second time with the alternativ upload without drag and drop. 3 1/2 hours (and 1,2GB uploaded data) later comes the error "Fehler 4xxx, Datei nicht gefunden" (Error 4xxx [sic], File not found)

:(

At the moment is for me only 1 link per post allowed. So, from now, I will add 1 new picture in every of my posts in this thread with no other link. :)
This time: A part of the map with the 2 biggest attractions: Karsthafen an the tennis court. The tennis court is from a other player and looks very real.

<Images not visible anymore...>
Last edited by solars on Tue Sep 12, 2017 03:18, edited 2 times in total.
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Do you upload with your browser? Maybe it is just too old, if so you should update it!

solars

by solars » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:Do you upload with your browser? Maybe it is just too old, if so you should update it!
Its the actual Iceweasel from Debian Unstable...

Now i have uploaded the map at dizzcloud:

http://dizzcloud.com/dl/16646b5/karstha ... -07-20.zip

At the coordinate 0,0,0 is a Place with signs of all the coordinates of the Attractions on the Map at Walls with the name of the player who build the thing.
I think, i will upload a new version of the map all 2-3 months if there is interest in it.
Last edited by solars on Mon Jul 22, 2013 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Ok, the download is extremely slow. I'll give you a dropbox link when I have the zip :)

Edit: Estimated download time: 3.5 hours
Edit 2: Download failed, unable to read file
Last edited by webdesigner97 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 09:15, edited 1 time in total.

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Seems like I won't be able to see your map, the download failed for the 5th time now!

:((((

solars

by solars » Post

I will search for a other upload site....
There must be a way!

And here is the new picture:

In the foreground the houses are finished in design and home decoration now.
Left in the background are new houses. But there not finished yet.
Last edited by solars on Tue Sep 12, 2017 03:21, edited 2 times in total.

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

AWESOME! I can't wait for a download!! It looks awesome! Please make a download :)

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

sneebliahj1 wrote:AWESOME! I can't wait for a download!! It looks awesome! Please make a download :)
viewtopic.php?pid=101516#p101516

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

This could make a good example map for the zombie survival gamemode... All it will need is the game and some dark textures.... Muhahaha
webdesigner97 wrote:
sneebliahj1 wrote:AWESOME! I can't wait for a download!! It looks awesome! Please make a download :)
viewtopic.php?pid=101516#p101516
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

solars

by solars » Post

Tanks. :) If the download at dizzcloud is not working, I am on a search for a other download-page at the moment....
Dan Duncombe wrote:This could make a good example map for the zombie survival gamemode... All it will need is the game and some dark textures.... Muhahaha
If you start a server with zombie survival and a dark version of my map, I will have a look at this definitly. If you have the map, look in the church, there is a staircase down to the crypt. :)

The picture this time shows on the right a new but not so pretty building, that is build with beton, but has a very nice public viewpoint on it. Under this building and in the front, there will be a slum in a future release.

Last edited by solars on Tue Sep 12, 2017 03:22, edited 2 times in total.

solars

by solars » Post

I can't find a other downloadsite as dizzcloud, where i can upload the file... :(

Has the download from dizzcloud worked at anybody of you? When yes, is there anybody who can reupload it at dropbox, so it will work for the people where can't download from dizzcloud?
Last edited by solars on Fri Jul 26, 2013 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

No, I am not waiting 5 hours to download a file thank you. Please find a better storage site.
Back from the dead!

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Also, please upload to something like dropbox,not dizzcloud.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

:( all of the pictures just make me want a download more and more but dizzcloud is taking 6h for me and i just started the download. i sure do hope you find another download site. Try: mediafire

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

sneebliahj1 wrote::( all of the pictures just make me want a download more and more but dizzcloud is taking 6h for me and i just started the download. i sure do hope you find another download site. Try: mediafire
Also, once the file finally downloaded, it says it is corrupt. (according to webdesigner)
Back from the dead!

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Solars already explained his problem: Every other file sharing website doesn't work for him...

solars

by solars » Post

At mediafire i have 10GB, but the maximal file size for every file is 200MB. So i have build a splitted archive now. I will attempt to upload it in 6 parts to Dropbox (I hope, the Error comes from the very big filesize in the unsplitted archive), and if this will not work, i upload it to mediafire. The Upload is VERY slow, so i think, it will be done late in the night...

And here a new picture from the last new building from the version i will upload now. The Building in the center is now completed, the building at the right side and the one behind them will be mostly empty in the inside at the actual Version and completed in the next one.

Last edited by solars on Tue Sep 12, 2017 03:22, edited 2 times in total.

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

ok and that are some really awesome houses

solars

by solars » Post

Here is the download:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a79y7qk8fv1rxy0/URwgH0Spsi

The error was triggered by the size of the file. This time i have cut it in 6 parts.

I can post more then 1 link in a post now, so I have edited the first post in the thread.

Good startpoints on the map are:

0,0,0 Architektendenkmal (architect monument)
384,16,505 Karsthafen
119,8,604 Teufelsturm
Last edited by solars on Sat Jul 27, 2013 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

I just found this map amazing. We need more builders like you.

Also, has anyone noticed that the first image looks like the English Football (Soccer) Team's World Cup flag. A funny irony that.

solars

by solars » Post

Jordach wrote:I just found this map amazing. We need more builders like you.
Thank you. :)
Jordach wrote:Also, has anyone noticed that the first image looks like the English Football (Soccer) Team's World Cup flag. A funny irony that.
Oh... I think, I need a new Image in the first post. But I wil take time for that. :D [EDIT]It's done. The old image is still in the gallerie[/EDIT]

From now on, the imags are from the furute release. This time the Architect Monument. This place is in the center of the world! (At he coordinat 0,0,0). At the walls are signs with all main attractions of the map and there coordinates. This place is in the last release too, but it's enhanced now. :)
This place is between the city himself and the tennis court. As a national monument, it has a own metro station.

Last edited by solars on Tue Sep 12, 2017 03:23, edited 2 times in total.

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Post

solars wrote:Here is the download:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a79y7qk8fv1rxy0/URwgH0Spsi

The error was triggered by the size of the file. This time i have cut it in 6 parts.

I can post more then 1 link in a post now, so I have edited the first post in the thread.

Good startpoints on the map are:

0,0,0 Architektendenkmal (architect monument)
384,16,505 Karsthafen
119,8,604 Teufelsturm
ok so i went t othe link clicked download and it started downloading but it says unknown time remaining? i left it there for a bit and it still said that and was like 1% downloaded progress?

solars

by solars » Post

sneebliahj1 wrote:ok so i went t othe link clicked download and it started downloading but it says unknown time remaining? i left it there for a bit and it still said that and was like 1% downloaded progress?
Has the download stopped by 1% or is it downloading?
The map is very big (as rar-file 1.2 GB, unpacked 2.6 GB), so the download can take his time.

----

The map is 3 months old today. For this day, i have a image, that shows the map of the city after 1, 2 and 3 months build time.