Share Your WorldEdit Files!

Builder123
IRC: Builder123
In-game: Builder123

Comfy Home

by Builder123 » Post

OK, I am not an artisan and I like small buildings. I sure do build boxy homes, but I decided 'what would happen if I used a floor plan from a log cabin kit?' Well, it came out very well with some modifications due to wall thickness.

Heres a simple but comforatble furnished home for your world. Still boxy....but a good start.

Attachments
Comfy_House.png
Comfy_House.png (175.73 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
planhouse1.we
(95.19 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Last edited by Builder123 on Mon May 04, 2015 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Builder123

Re: Share Your WorldEdit Files!

by Builder123 » Post

Sokomine - Thanks for speaking with me about the xanadu hotel not loading. I am running MT 0.4.12-dev build upated from daily builds just earlier today. I am using the WorldEdit v1.0 for Minetest 0.4.8+ that was included in the VE-Dreambuilder sub game. Please advise what I need to do to make the file loading succesful. (maybe version issue?)

Thanks for your help

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

twoelk wrote: That unknown nodes are the Xanadu only version of backed-clay I presume.
That's right. I fixed my local copy somehow, but forgot about the inner and outer corner stair variant, which is available for baked-clay (or hardenedclay?) blocks on Xanandu. Thus, they show up as unkown nodes in the screenshot. Which is a pity, because they contribute to intresting ceilings in the larger rooms.
twoelk wrote: I am slowly forgeting all the places I built on the different servers. I hope you have all youre buildings collected somewhere. That would surely make a quite impressive Sokomineville by now.
Sadly, not all buildings are saved. It took time until the map saving function got integrated into Minetest. Some smaller buildings only continue to exist in screenshots. I wish there would be a place to host the screenshots. Combining the houses in one world would most likely fail as I usually do use materials that are specific to a server and not found on others. The houses are also pretty often integrated into the landscape. I've considered recently to at least combine all those buildings built on failed Carbone servers in one world as those all more or less have the same mods. That'd be Casimirs servers (two of them still running but apparently given up and griefed), Trainwreck Tonys older map, and the map from Spielerstammtisch.de where I started a castle. There's also the Mineguild.de world which was very nice and deserves to continue to exist somewhere...perhaps on the King Arthurs Land server.
dgm5555 wrote: BTW on the griefing front, I've discovered that it's very difficult to control the android minetest version, and as a result extremely easy for some inadvertent griefing. My daughter must have been in the running for saint-hood after she went round patching up numerous holes I made in her house. It's even worse with a slow network, you often don't even know you've done it.
Yes, that's certainly a problem. There's a reason why I took away interact from my Android test characters on VanessaEs servers :-) I have no idea how other players manage to operate the game through the controls of a tablet. Yet quite a lot of them seem to do mostly fine. And if it's just a bit of accidental griefing...that may happen.
Builder123 wrote: OK, I am not an artisan and I like small buildings. I sure do build boxy homes, but I decided 'what would happen if I used a floor plan from a log cabin kit?' Well, it came out very well with some modifications due to wall thickness.
Looks good. But if you *really* want small, take a look at my logcabin huts in mg_villages. The schematics can be found here. Admittedly I cheated more than you - it does require stairs and my cottages mod.

I'll add the hotel in .mts format. Perhaps that'll load better? The house was saved using the most recent version of WorldEdit at the time.
Attachments
xanandu_hotel_sokomine.mts
Hotel in .mts file. Import with //mtschemplace xanandu_hotel_sokomine
(20.18 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
A list of my mods can be found here.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Sokomine wrote:... Combining the houses in one world would most likely fail as I usually do use materials that are specific to a server and not found on others. The houses are also pretty often integrated into the landscape. ...
Indeed a problem I am battling at the moment.
I have played the game for some time now with several of my nephews and nieces and their friends on private maps and by now even some private servers, which is pretty cool for an extended family that lives in different places. I had tried to import some of the buildings I had made on some servers. The mine from VE-vanilla had been made into an easy to import we-file but the most recent project, the Red Castle from VE-C was a lot more difficult. I lost the roof and windows and other stuff as the homedecor and moreblocks versions among other things in our little private subgame (Apfelschorle) differ a little from the public ones. I also had to move and rotate the import a little so in the end a lot of nodes such as stairs and doors had somewhere along the way of integration into the existing landscape lost orientation.

The kids wish to have more buildings imported so I will have to learn how to get this done with less mistakes and they also have some maps of different subgames they want combined. Not to mention all their Minecraft stuff they want to have imported.

We could really have use for a tool that could manipulate Minetest schematic files outside of the game to adjust them for import. Things like a list of all used nodes in a file and comparing that with the installed mods of a chosen subgame and being able to replace or otherwise manipulating certain nodes before importing it into an existing world could be somewhat of a timesaver.

I had tried to push the "Converter Minecraft world to Minetest world" tool a little to that direction but might not be the right project.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

twoelk wrote: I lost the roof and windows and other stuff as the homedecor and moreblocks versions among other things in our little private subgame (Apfelschorle) differ a little from the public ones.
That's always a problem, especially considering older servers or those with very specific mods.
twoelk wrote: I also had to move and rotate the import a little so in the end a lot of nodes such as stairs and doors had somewhere along the way of integration into the existing landscape lost orientation.
Perhaps mg_villages might be of some help in that regard. I do have a build chest somewhere that at least takes the facedir of the build chest as the orientation of the house. Rotation mostly works, but mirroring along one axis only cooperates under the right circumstances.
twoelk wrote: We could really have use for a tool that could manipulate Minetest schematic files outside of the game to adjust them for import. Things like a list of all used nodes in a file and comparing that with the installed mods of a chosen subgame and being able to replace or otherwise manipulating certain nodes before importing it into an existing world could be somewhat of a timesaver.
Again, mg_villages and even apartments does that to some degree. It reads the materials a building consists of and then applies fixed rules of random replacements for these materials. A GUI which would let the player set and change replacements for unknown nodes might also be useful. And then you'd certainly want to know how your building will look like without destroying existing constructions. Perhaps that can be done without too much effort...after all most of the real work would be to set up a nice GUI...I'll see if I can do something. I need a good build chest for the villages anyway. Something like towntest, but slightly diffrent.

Builder123

by Builder123 » Post

]Greifed! my house!
Builder123 Clip House

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Please, somebody can post a "meru mountain" worldedit file ?

fjlv9000

by fjlv9000 » Post

hi how are you guys this is my house hope you like it
Attachments
this is the house....
this is the house....
Captura.PNG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 1339 times

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

fjlv9000 wrote: hi how are you guys this is my house hope you like it
You can create screenshots by pressing F12. And if you want to share worldedit files, you're going to need the WorldEdit mod :-) (Or my upcomming build_chest or handle_schematics...don't know yet how to call it best...)

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

depends mainly on default and lavacooling (for the basalt node)
l made the maze with the chatcommand /maze 200 200 10 default:basalt default:mese default:wood.
Spawning it took more than 1000 seconds,
saving it as mts took less than 2 seconds and
placing it takes more time than saving it.
maze.mts
(310.06 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Attachments
screenshot_20150528_152052.png
screenshot_20150528_152052.png (198.74 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

SlowMo24
GitHub: SlowMo24

Carts Junction

by SlowMo24 » Post

Name: CartsJunction
Size: 7948 nodes
Mods: carts, mesecons

Hey people,

I would like to share with you my creation of a junction for the carts-Mod. As far as I'm aware of, there is still no solution for the problem, that carts turn left-only on T-junctions and straight-only on +-junctions. So I created this junction, which is still not automatic but at least interactive. The traveller can select the direction to go interactively on arrival. Full explanation for usage is given on signs within the junction.

download:
CartsJunction.we.zip
CartsJunction.we zip-file 35.6kb (1.2Mb extracted)
(34.76 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
edit: I have just notices that boost_carts allows to change direction... makes this post a bit obsolete

Cheers
Attachments
View CartsJunction2
View CartsJunction2
CartsJunction2.jpg (340.08 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
View CartsJunciton1
View CartsJunciton1
CartsJunction1.jpg (327.72 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

slopsbucket

by slopsbucket » Post

An abandoned castle keep.

And a question. Is there a "simple" mod for spawning we or mts files in new worlds? I've been searching but can only find mentions and code snippets, no actual mod.

abkeep.zip

Minetest 0.4.13

No mods required.

Cheers,

Andrew.

P.S. that zip file contains both .we and .mts formats.
Attachments
abkeep.zip
(13.93 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
screenshot_20160127_151555.jpg
screenshot_20160127_151555.jpg (175.09 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
screenshot_20160127_151537.jpg
screenshot_20160127_151537.jpg (201.4 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

PEAK
In-game: PEAK

Bremer Haus

by PEAK » Post

I’d like to share this set of four furnished "Bremer Häuser".
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bremer_Haus

This type is very common in Bremen, Germany in several different variants.

dimensions: 57,20,31

ground level is two blocks below street level

no additional mods needed -- plain vanilla minetest game
Attachments
BremerHaus.we.zip
(67.83 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
I am okay with using the screenshots in all my posts for the website of Minetest (http://minetest.net).

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

PEAK wrote: I’d like to share this set of four furnished "Bremer Häuser".
Thanks for sharing them! They do look very well done.

The houses did remind me of some row houses/terraced houses I had build some years ago on a server with a city grid where you could only dig and build on your own plot. It was called Cityrealms or Minerealms or something similar and run by MilesDyson.

I've now finished the houses. Some nodes do not exist anymore in the way they used to exist on the server (a special brick wall from castles and pine wood from moretrees; texture for the first one recreated from old screenshots) - or they look quite diffrent now (obsidian quarter slabs). Therefore, a tiny compatibility mod named oldnodes is included in the download. Other mods needed are infrastructure, moreblocks, homedecor and technic (if you want the the technic station in the basement to be working). Some nodes from morefences, gloopblocks and usesdirt are also used.

Front view

Viewed from the backside

The four row houses (terraced houses?) come ready-for-use - complete with bathrooms, kitchen, lighting etc. - all you have to do is bring your own furniture. Each house has a cellar with a small garage for your car. There's a small kiosk next to the gardens, and the bus stand (complete with parking place for bycicles) allows you to travel into town.
slopsbucket wrote: And a question. Is there a "simple" mod for spawning we or mts files in new worlds? I've been searching but can only find mentions and code snippets, no actual mod.
You can do it with WorldEdit (/load for .we files or /mtschemplace for .mts files), but my handle_schematics mod is far more convenient. Just install handle_schematics, create a folder named schems/ inside the world where you want to use it, copy the .mts, .we, .meta files to that folder, fire up your game, type "/giveme handle_schematics:build" , place it somewhere, select "import from world", then "-current world-", and then it ought to be pretty obvious. You can even restore the original landscape if the place you selected i.e. turned out to be too small.
Attachments
row_houses.zip
The file containing the blueprints.
(30.68 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
row_houses_back.jpg
row_houses_back.jpg (177.77 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
row_houses_1.jpg
row_houses_1.jpg (161.95 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

PEAK

Buildings to get lost in

by PEAK » Post

Sokomine wrote:They do look very well done.
Thank you - yours look very cosy.

That encourages me to share more:

6Rooms.mts
(2.87 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
and
(this is inspired by a post on planetminecraft.com)
30Spheres.mts
(36.27 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
... there is a little entrance on one of the lower corner spheres.

simply minetest game
I am okay with using the screenshots in all my posts for the website of Minetest (http://minetest.net).

MangleFox70
GitHub: Cat5TV
IRC: MangleFox70
In-game: MangleFox70

by MangleFox70 » Post

Thanks PEAK,
We'd love to use 6Rooms as the spawn on our new Xtreme PVP Survival server. We'll add a sign to give you credit.
Thanks so much for sharing this unique and ideal build!! Really cool, and great work!
#ThePixelShadow on YouTube
A Weekly Minetest Webcast hosted by MangleFox70
Have a mod you'd like featured? Want to participate in our show? Join servers.minetest.tv Port 30000 for creative or 30001 for survival.
Upload your own skin via our web site: Minetest.TV

PEAK

by PEAK » Post

MangleFox70 wrote:We'd love to use 6Rooms as the spawn on our new Xtreme PVP Survival server.
That's funny. Although I'm not so into Xtreme PVP I will visit it. Some day I had the idea to stack six cubes together...
MangleFox70 wrote:We'll add a sign to give you credit.
Thank you very much, I'm glad that you like it.
I consider to start a new career as architect ;)

EDIT: Instead of the default fences you may use the fences from "fences" mod - then the sticks connect to the walls, looks better.

HINT: there are unused attics.

manawy

by manawy » Post

Treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss !

for anyone wanting to make a custom looking forest quickly : https://bitbucket.org/fabieng/minetest_trees

They are nothing special, just useful, maybe, sometimes.

Screenshots :
Spoiler
Comments, contributions or a tutorial on how to make a good screenshot of a tree are welcomed :-)
trees.jpg
trees.jpg (255.3 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

PEAK

Random Buildings

by PEAK » Post

Courtyard

Celtic Maze (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_maze) as courtyard.

volume: 143*33*119 (lowest layer is surface layer)

mods needed:

Minetest Game +
stairsio viewtopic.php?t=13018
pkpoud viewtopic.php?t=13755

(pkpoud:redblock may be replaced by e.g. default:brick)
Courtyard.mts
(28.25 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Spoiler
Trinity Chapel

Are the players on your server griefing, do they use inappropriate speech?

Send them for a while to the Trinity Chapel, so they can get a bit of prayer to become better persons.

volume: 34*63*36 (lowest layer is 1 Block below surface)

mods needed:

Minetest Game +
quartz viewtopic.php?t=5682
stained_glass viewtopic.php?t=4904
moreblocks viewtopic.php?t=509
unifieddyes viewtopic.php?t=2178
xconnected viewtopic.php?t=12882
Kapelle.mts
(3.7 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Spoiler
Mausoleum

Gothic highlight of the graveyard.

volume: 25*40*25 (lowest layer is surface layer)

mods needed:

Minetest Game +
fences viewtopic.php?t=5016
Mausoleum.mts
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Spoiler

PEAK

one more Random Building

by PEAK » Post

Simple

Almost only two materials. A sort of minimalism.

volume: 45*29*45 (lowest layer is surface layer)

mods needed:

Minetest Game +
homedecor viewtopic.php?t=2041
moreblocks viewtopic.php?t=509
Simpel.mts
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Spoiler

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

interesting ...
well the other stuff also but this type of courtyard is a theme I have been exploring since I started playing Minetest and before. Not that I ever came up with some grand design but rather just playing with the geometry and the ancient problem of finding a convincing solution of sticking to a grid and yet offering a nice corner for the inner courtyard. Architects have been working on this subject for at least the last 3000 years if not more.

Also the minimalism theme is something I find really fascinating. Indeed I have many projects that try to get along with the nodes provided by the Minetest-Game without adding any nodes of extra mods. As such many severs are doted with little buildings of mine that sport only cobble, dirt, wood and at the most some basic stone nodes.

A courtyard of quite similar layout and dimensions can be found on the Meowtest server refering to a little discussion about "dirty building tricks". The building of almost only cobble and dirt is 37 nodes wide on the outside and the courtyard is 19x19 sporting 5 bays of 3 nodes devided by 4 single node pillars, the corner pillers being lost to the adjoining walls. I started a far larger version on the "water is my life" server but due to griefing of the finished fundaments only ever built about two levels of a single corner building. Actually in this very thread I posted my towermine2.we which sports an inner open stairwell that is surrounded by a gallery. There I used the possability of a thick floor design that sets back in the ceiling area in contrast to the floor area of each level to carve out the pillars a little and thus give the corner pillers volume when viewed from the inner open space that would otherwise be a courtyard. Something similar that is used at the central -50-Hub under spawn on the justtest2 server. A server that btw has quite a collection of experiments of mine playing with a central open space surrounded by columns. (Maybe I should start a thread on this architectural design task, hmm)

Anyways, nice building, that somehow reminds me of southeast-asian sollutions to the theme. ;-P

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

I was bored one day and made this. Uses 3-4 blocks from Homedecor.
(road not included)
Attachments
semitruckside.png
semitruckside.png (434.54 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
Semi-Truck.we
(108.13 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Semi-Truck.mts
(1019 Bytes) Downloaded 197 times
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Warrior_4_Christ
GitHub: Warrior-4-Christ
In-game: Warrior_4_Christ

by Warrior_4_Christ » Post

Here is something my Dad and I worked on. Fun fact, this house follows the floor plan of the house he grew up in! Of course the original house didn't have an underground bunker. This is connected to other bunkers via tunnels, so don't freak out when you see a door leading to nowhere. :)

*Dependencies*

homedecor
technic
mydoors
travelnet
cg_decor
and maybe more that i'm forgetting.

to see what an unknown node should be, simply punch it and look at the chat.

P.S. For it to work successfully, place WorldEdit Position1 8 nodes under the ground.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2016-10-27 14-49-17.jpg
Screenshot from 2016-10-27 14-49-17.jpg (562.07 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
House_w_bunker.zip
(74.79 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. -- John 3:16 KJV
____
| [] []|
| _>/

Warrior_4_Christ
GitHub: Warrior-4-Christ
In-game: Warrior_4_Christ

by Warrior_4_Christ » Post

This is a space ship my brother and I made. There are 4 decks.

Attachments
SS_CJ.we
(369.63 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot2.jpg (183 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
screenshot_20161028_195012.jpg
screenshot_20161028_195012.jpg (430.53 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. -- John 3:16 KJV
____
| [] []|
| _>/

PEAK

A new version of my Quartz Palace

by PEAK » Post

Minetest 0.4.15 and Minetest Game.

Dimensions: 515, 72, 515.

Before placing it in a world [//mtschemplace QP] (I recommend to create a new world, flat or singlenode), put the "worldmods" folder and the "schems" folder into the folder of this world. The needed area (515X515) should be explored before!

Caution: the mods in "worldmods" may differ from the original ones!

Attachments
QuartzPalace.zip
(359.27 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
QP_neu.png
QP_neu.png (297.2 KiB) Viewed 1339 times