[Mod] Nether Mod [0.1STABLE]

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Thanks for the link! I'll probably change my code over to that function now
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Yay! And bonus speed!

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Oh wait, I get his point now. The function was from there... Oh well, I said it was neko259 who I got this function from, and it's true, so it's not my problem. Hackerdize, please, give your negativity to someone else, and think before you type. I did not steal from anyone, and the only functions I copied, I gave full credit.

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

Why *~ files in your repo?
http://bit.ly/Jb5FJh
Last edited by Hackeridze on Thu Apr 19, 2012 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
My game: RTMG
GENTOO USER

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Laziness lol. I'll add a .gitignore thingy someday...

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

lkjoel wrote:Oh wait, I get his point now. The function was from there... Oh well, I said it was neko259 who I got this function from, and it's true, so it's not my problem. Hackerdize, please, give your negativity to someone else, and think before you type. I did not steal from anyone, and the only functions I copied, I gave full credit.
Look to another links that I give you. All that -- shit.
GENTOO USER

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Well, how else would I implement it without severely taking up RAM? Look, I have a lot of experience in programming (less in LUA, more in C++ and Assembler). You think I don't know about speed, memory and cleanliness? These three are in my priorities, but for now, I need to make a working product.
As I said before: Think before you type!.
Let's keep peace here, and let's keep this clean.

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

You think I don't know about speed, memory and cleanliness?
Yes.
GENTOO USER

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Hackeridze wrote:
Yes.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have been working on optimizing apps (Java/C/C++, even wrote in some Assembler to make it as fast as possible) for the last couple of years. What experience do you have that you are somehow superior to the rest of us?

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Hackeridze wrote:
lkjoel wrote:Aaaaand... you have a problem with that?? I gave FULL credit to the owner of the "split" function.
What's your problem with the rest?

BTW, This forum is supposed to stay clean. Just because you don't like someone's code, it doesn't mean that you can infiltrate this with ugly language, ok? Google translate gave me a terrible translation of what you said, but it was enough.
http://lua-users.org/wiki/SplitJoin
That's not my problem, it's yours. I don't like anybody's shit.
well then maybe you should stop taking others and putting it into your "mod pack" you fucking asshole. you're coding is messy. It's laggy. and that's just from tweaking other peoples code! Therefore you shouldn't be talking shit to another mod dev that created a mod on his own using some parts from other peoples codes. not just throwing in mods and tweaking them.

Or in your mother language:

Вы были проблемы со многими людьми, много раз и очень ревнивый человек. Вы кодирования сосет и очень лага. и я могу понять, почему вы бы взорвать эту тему, потому что не мог понять, как сделать что-то настолько удивительным самостоятельно. идти ебать себя!
Last edited by jordan4ibanez on Thu Apr 19, 2012 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Mob Idea, Nether Dungeon Master?

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Good idea!

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Maybe if it's possible, make Nether Dungeons.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

That'd be cool, but I'd need some time making the random generator

MikoMiko

by MikoMiko » Post

I think you may wanna look at the code you use to spawn the nether portal structure. After spawning one it created a line of them across the sky. The original is on the bottom right.
Don't pay attention to the shape of the structure that comes from my attempt to make it skinnier like the Minecraft one.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

@MikoMiko, yes, I know that bug. I have no idea why it happens though. I'll see what I can do.

E.lectron.ik gave me a soundtrack for the promo video of this, and for the mod itself.
Here is the link: http://soundcloud.com/e-lectron-ik/nether-soundtrack
Last edited by lkjoel on Fri Apr 20, 2012 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

@MikoMiko, check the latest git, I fixed it (wow, that bug was really a careless mistake lol)
Last edited by lkjoel on Fri Apr 20, 2012 01:27, edited 1 time in total.

Stef

by Stef » Post

where can i find a netherpearl
Sorry for my crappy english, im dutch :D

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

You can't find it yet, as I have to include DD's enderman (and figure out how to manage the animals mod dependencies lol)

Stef

by Stef » Post

oke and how to spawn it???

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

it should spawn naturally at night, once it's included.

Stef

by Stef » Post

no no i mean how to spawn the pearl in my inventory

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

/giveme nether:nether_pearl [amount]

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

jordan4ibanez wrote:
Hackeridze wrote:
lkjoel wrote:Aaaaand... you have a problem with that?? I gave FULL credit to the owner of the "split" function.
What's your problem with the rest?

BTW, This forum is supposed to stay clean. Just because you don't like someone's code, it doesn't mean that you can infiltrate this with ugly language, ok? Google translate gave me a terrible translation of what you said, but it was enough.
http://lua-users.org/wiki/SplitJoin
That's not my problem, it's yours. I don't like anybody's shit.
well then maybe you should stop taking others and putting it into your "mod pack" you fucking asshole. you're coding is messy. It's laggy. and that's just from tweaking other peoples code! Therefore you shouldn't be talking shit to another mod dev that created a mod on his own using some parts from other peoples codes. not just throwing in mods and tweaking them.

Or in your mother language:

Вы были проблемы со многими людьми, много раз и очень ревнивый человек. Вы кодирования сосет и очень лага. и я могу понять, почему вы бы взорвать эту тему, потому что не мог понять, как сделать что-то настолько удивительным самостоятельно. идти ебать себя!
Looks very funny)
GENTOO USER

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

lkjoel wrote:
Hackeridze wrote:
Yes.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have been working on optimizing apps (Java/C/C++, even wrote in some Assembler to make it as fast as possible) for the last couple of years. What experience do you have that you are somehow superior to the rest of us?
he doesnt think before he talks, his huge mangina is acting up, you know that time of the mounth for him his "manstration" lol^^ dont even listen to this guys he obviously a big fat TROLL so i would ingnore his comments. your a great coder ikjoel^_^
Keep calm and code python^_^