[Mod] Nether Mod [0.1STABLE]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. If I step into the portal, I get teleported to an area which is full in black. Even after some minutues nothing gets loaded. :-( But for me, this does not happen only 50% of the time, instead it happens 100% of the time for me! :-[
Seems I am not the only one with this bug.
Edit: False alert!
I just waited some minutes more and now I see the nether world. Now statistically it happened only 90% of the time. ;-)
End of edit

Oh, here is a minor suggestion: Add this stuff to the group "not_in_creative_inventory"=1:
  • nether:nether_portal
  • nether:nether_torch_bottom
  • nether:lava_flowing
This will remove these things from the creative inventory. These items shouldn't be placed manually, especially the portal tile; I guess it would only lead to problems. The other item says it even in it's description that it is not intended for manual placement. ;-) nether:lava_flowing behaves strange if you place it manually; probably only nether:lava_source should EVER be placed manually, not the "flowing" counterpart.
Last edited by Wuzzy on Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

@Wuzzy, thanks, I will do this in the new version :)
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

breinzter11

by breinzter11 » Post

what can we do with enderpearl

GloopMaster

by GloopMaster » Post

breinzter11 wrote:what can we do with enderpearl
Cant tell if trolling or stupid
Meow.

That is all.

Clone1625

by Clone1625 » Post

This seems awesome definetly requesting for this mod on Redcrabs server
does this work on 0.4.3?
CAN I HAZ DIAMONDZZZZZZZ??

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

MOB idea: the zombie pigmen - lava monsters
idea: dungeons DUNGEONS AND DUNGEONS

Josh

by Josh » Post

Clone1625 wrote:This seems awesome definetly requesting for this mod on Redcrabs server
does this work on 0.4.3?
This mod would make Redcrab's server lag. So maybe not a good idea

sky

by sky » Post

Man This would be super awsome if you add nether brick and nether brick fence and soulsand and nether wart and nether cookies with nether apples
cookies to restore 1 heart

redblades

by redblades » Post

I just got the nether mod and I set the nether portal in creative + enable damage mode. I step in and I'm in a place that's fully gray, nothing there at all. I press free move and it becomes blue XD
any help? should I wait a couple minutes for it to load or is this a bug?
I like pie

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

I just got the nether mod and I set the nether portal in creative + enable damage mode. I step in and I'm in a place that's fully gray, nothing there at all. I press free move and it becomes blue XD
same problem

iPlay

by iPlay » Post

Dragonop wrote:
same problem
there is no problem, you just have to wayt about 10 minutes, until the first parts of the map appear,then you need to be patient, and wait unitl the whole nether loads...simple, isnt it???

ah, and could you please tell me how do get nether pearl?
Give me your fireball!!!

iPlay

by iPlay » Post

iPlay wrote:
Dragonop wrote:
same problem
there is no problem, you just have to wayt about 10 minutes, until the first parts of the map appear,then you need to be patient, and wait unitl the whole nether loads...simple, isnt it???

ah, and could you please tell me how do get nether pearl?
ah, I forgot to mention! you wait only at the first teleport, then all loads instantly
Give me your fireball!!!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

can someone add a enderfreak or something to this mod/
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Shaun

by Shaun » Post

This mod, while interesting as it is, has created a hole. ....... 10x10 and 400 blocks deep at the center of the map.
Then created another hole 10x10 and about 400 blocks high above the second portal in the nether region.
The portals don't always work. Might work instantly for one person and might be several hours before someone else can use it.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Good work!
I've some suggestions, though. They may seem to be "minecraft-ish", but I'm not trying to copy that game. Just agreed that minecraft has some nice points about Nether:
1. Nether realm should use blocks below 20000 (No one would dig that much, so Nether wouldn't replace caves and mines)
2. It should be generated alongside the world generation (maybe it's already does, so forgive me)
3. If this mod had been installed AFTER the world creation - there should be a dialog (I believe that's possible using formspec) with yes/no alternative. If answer was "yes" then Neteher should be generated.
4. Nether should use all blocks in the area of {0,-20000, 0, 32000 -32000, 32000}, not some part of it.
5. Portal location in the Nether should be at the "same" position as the portal in the upper world. X and/or Z coordinates could be swapped, but Y should remain the same. In case there''s no room for a portal in the Nether - it should be created in the nearest position with enough room for it. Maybe some "alter" function should be applied to the X and Z coordinates.
6. There should be MORE than several portals. (I've got only ONE despite over 1000 blocks between the portals in the upper world)
7. Portals should use less space. Make the purple whirl block thiner and remove unnecessary obsidian. Yes, at this point minecraft portals looks more aesthetic...
8. Maybe display some formspec when stepped inside a portal - player can wait while Nether being loaded ;)
9. Once we'll get mobs - add some Nether-beasts :)
10. Current Nether looks a bit too "hole-ish" like a chiese or smth. I thing that Nether should look more, like a cave with lava lakes, lavafalls, hell-ish glowing objects and so on.

At this moment I can't recollect any more, but once I did - I'll make a post here :)

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Didnt lkjoel leave? so can no one work on this because of the license?
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

A special, hotter kind of lava could be spawned in the nether (you could refer to it as great lava or liquid fire.) This stuff could kill the player instantly upon contact, damage the player just by being near it, evaporate water while being cooled into a solid state that is just as damaging as ordinary lava, set things on fire just by being nearby, eventually remelt from the cooled state if not kept cool, and be yellow with streaks of white while giving off more light than ordinary lava.

I also feel that the nether could be a vast cave system, but could also have parts that are more like the ruins of a massive dungeon (think Ridley's Lair from Metroid.)

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

4aiman wrote: 1. Nether realm should use blocks below 20000 (No one would dig that much, so Nether wouldn't replace caves and mines)
sorry dude but I am the exception to that, I dig everywhere. And in fact many other players dig down there as well.

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

xavier108
IRC: Ezlif

by xavier108 » Post

Once i go to the nether All i can see are unloaded chunks and It cant load
Ezlif :D

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

sdzen wrote:
4aiman wrote: 1. Nether realm should use blocks below 20000 (No one would dig that much, so Nether wouldn't replace caves and mines)
sorry dude but I am the exception to that, I dig everywhere. And in fact many other players dig down there as well.
Well, you seem to have plenty of time, haven't you? ;) I think the height of the nether sholuld be configurable then.

Besides in a freshly generated world no one will have anything including mines.
I think it's natural to find oneself in the TarTar after digging too much downwards %)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4023 That is a link to hostile npcs. Maybe you could edit it so nether npcs could be in the nether.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

The nether is not stable yet ant I do not know how to make it look like I want. Two days ago I messed up with just variables and the nether wild. I really think there should be a way to create underground "biomes" like UG rivers, UG treasure keeps, UG lakes and the other UG stuff...

Russians may find that funny and may say there's no need in UG stuff at all ))))

I think that we need to solve the world generation problems first. Adding an NPC that would spawn only underground below some point is a way easier task than that...

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Hey guys, I'm back for now! I'm currently working on another mod, but if anyone would want to send issues (with "enhancement" or "feature request") to the github repo: https://github.com/MiJyn/minetest-nether? That way it would be much faster for me to implement them, and then it would be way easier to discuss, etc...

Thanks!

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

LorenzoVulcan
GitHub: aegroto

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

This is giving me a terrible lag in 0.4.4d1.
After nether spawns,inventory and portals are totally freezed,nether lava doesn't often flow and commands work with 3-4 seconds delay.

EDIT:Solved,but i had to wait like 25 minutes :|
Last edited by LorenzoVulcan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of the BlockForge 2# Project!
Official thread: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 290#p54290

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

LorenzoVulcan wrote:This is giving me a terrible lag in 0.4.4d1.
After nether spawns,inventory and portals are totally freezed,nether lava doesn't often flow and commands work with 3-4 seconds delay.

EDIT:Solved,but i had to wait like 25 minutes :|
Yeah, it's slow :/