Page 8 of 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 06:49
by LorenzoVulcan
lkjoel wrote:
LorenzoVulcan wrote:This is giving me a terrible lag in 0.4.4d1.
After nether spawns,inventory and portals are totally freezed,nether lava doesn't often flow and commands work with 3-4 seconds delay.

EDIT:Solved,but i had to wait like 25 minutes :|

Yeah, it's slow :/

I noticed that when i try to edit the chunk generation server lags everytime.

I think you might re-write the generation code using biomes,maybe using http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3984

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 15:24
by lkjoel
LorenzoVulcan wrote:
lkjoel wrote:
LorenzoVulcan wrote:This is giving me a terrible lag in 0.4.4d1.
After nether spawns,inventory and portals are totally freezed,nether lava doesn't often flow and commands work with 3-4 seconds delay.

EDIT:Solved,but i had to wait like 25 minutes :|

Yeah, it's slow :/

I noticed that when i try to edit the chunk generation server lags everytime.

I think you might re-write the generation code using biomes,maybe using http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3984

Hmm, but it doesn't seem powerful enough... I might make a shared library for it and use that to generate it instead :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 16:48
by J-Block
How do you download it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 20:26
by J-Block
Code: Select all
14:21:59: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
14:21:59: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
14:21:59: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Jason\Documents\minetest-0.4.4-win32\minetest-0.4.4-win32\bin\..\mods\minetest\nether\init.lua:
14:21:59: ERROR[main]: cannot open C:\Users\Jason\Documents\minetest-0.4.4-win32\minetest-0.4.4-win32\bin\..\mods\minetest\nether\init.lua: No such file or directory
14:21:59: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========


It doesn't say what I should name the file. I don't know how to make a "Init. Lua" file or anything like that, and my computer does not have the programs to open LUA files.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 21:41
by lkjoel
J-Block wrote:
Code: Select all
14:21:59: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
14:21:59: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
14:21:59: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Jason\Documents\minetest-0.4.4-win32\minetest-0.4.4-win32\bin\..\mods\minetest\nether\init.lua:
14:21:59: ERROR[main]: cannot open C:\Users\Jason\Documents\minetest-0.4.4-win32\minetest-0.4.4-win32\bin\..\mods\minetest\nether\init.lua: No such file or directory
14:21:59: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========


It doesn't say what I should name the file. I don't know how to make a "Init. Lua" file or anything like that, and my computer does not have the programs to open LUA files.

Extract the contents of the nether folder into the "mods" folder, then it should work :) Also, on a sidenote, you can technically edit LUA files with notepad if you wish :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 14:55
by J-Block
Well, it runs the mod but it won't spawn the map when I teleport to the netherworld.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 17:46
by lkjoel
Hybrid Dog wrote:
J-Block wrote:Well, it runs the mod but it won't spawn the map when I teleport to the netherworld.
It's a problem of mapgen
Try to avoid "for x = minp, maxp"

Interesting, how would I do it then?
J-Block wrote:Well, it runs the mod but it won't spawn the map when I teleport to the netherworld.

I think you just have to wait a rather long time (like 30 mins)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 17:49
by lkjoel
Hybrid Dog wrote:
lkjoel wrote:Interesting, how would I do it then?
This is the problem.

Oh, so you're saying it's impossible to do it another way?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 17:55
by lkjoel
Hybrid Dog wrote:
lkjoel wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:This is the problem.

Oh, so you're saying it's impossible to do it another way?
You can only edit the source code that it works. PilzAdam did this with the flatland mod

Okay, I will do it in C, except it'll still be a mod ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 19:45
by Likwid H-Craft
AHHHHHHH! THIS MOD WON"T ALLOW ME SEE THE PLACE WHEN I GO IN THE, PORTAL GO To Outerspace and the cood is so crazy!.!

Do this work at, all for, xyz newest build? if not then that, maybe what the root to my problem is.

Oh and heres a screenshot of the it!
Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 19:53
by jojoa1997
Likwid H-Craft wrote:AHHHHHHH! THIS MOD WON"T ALLOW ME SEE THE PLACE WHEN I GO IN THE, PORTAL GO To Outerspace and the cood is so crazy!.!

Do this work at, all for, xyz newest build? if not then that, maybe what the root to my problem is.

Oh and heres a screenshot of the it!
Image
it takes like 20 minutes for the area to load depending on how fast you computer is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 20:29
by lkjoel
Likwid H-Craft wrote:AHHHHHHH! THIS MOD WON"T ALLOW ME SEE THE PLACE WHEN I GO IN THE, PORTAL GO To Outerspace and the cood is so crazy!.!

Do this work at, all for, xyz newest build? if not then that, maybe what the root to my problem is.

Oh and heres a screenshot of the it!
-snip-

It's because it's another world, so it has to be somewhere that no one would ever go to
jojoa1997 wrote:
Likwid H-Craft wrote:AHHHHHHH! THIS MOD WON"T ALLOW ME SEE THE PLACE WHEN I GO IN THE, PORTAL GO To Outerspace and the cood is so crazy!.!

Do this work at, all for, xyz newest build? if not then that, maybe what the root to my problem is.

Oh and heres a screenshot of the it!
-snip-
it takes like 20 minutes for the area to load depending on how fast you computer is.

Correct, for me it takes around 5-7 minutes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 02:54
by neron
Is this mod still active?
Also, could you make almost an exact minecraft clone fork?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 03:12
by lkjoel
neron wrote:Is this mod still active?
Also, could you make almost an exact minecraft clone fork?

Yes, just paused (working on 4 different projects, so I can't work on this one yet). And yes, I was heavily involved in blockplanet (which tried to do that), but then the whole team dispersed about a year ago, so no, I guess. But I'm not against the idea, just against the practice :P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 03:34
by neron
Will blockplanet start up again? That's exactly what my friends and I are looking for - a minecraft clone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 03:43
by lkjoel
neron wrote:Will blockplanet start up again? That's exactly what my friends and I are looking for - a minecraft clone.

No, it stopped. If you're looking for a minecraft clone, you might want to try Maniac Digger.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 01:08
by vv221
Are you planning to add a way to loot or craft the nether pearl without having to use the creative mode or the commands ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 17:55
by YoYoBuddy
This is copyrighted minecraft material!
Notch's reaction:
Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 22:11
by Secret_Guy_3
Where do I get the nether pearl?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 18:12
by lonely
jordan4ibanez wrote:MFW i realized this is working right
Image

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 18:15
by lonely
jordan4ibanez wrote:MFW i realized this is working right
Image
LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 02:57
by Josh
YoYoBuddy wrote:This is copyrighted minecraft material!
Notch's reaction:
Image

Lol XD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 20:35
by meweb
I can create the sound recordhering for entering and exiting the nether.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 21:18
by PilzAdam
meweb wrote:I can create the sound recordhering for entering and exiting the nether.

This mod is old and doesnt work AFAIK. You may want to look at my nether mod: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5790, I can add your sounds if you make them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 23:58
by lkjoel
Hybrid Dog wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:
meweb wrote:I can create the sound recordhering for entering and exiting the nether.

This mod is old and doesnt work
why?

I doubt that it doesn't work, but it's definitely slow (lua is like the worst scripting language ever, in terms of speed, and yes, I do have some backing for that statement, AND alternatives... but, of course, people will say that I'm an idiot anyways, as always ._.)