[Mod] Nether Mod [0.1STABLE]

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
Posts: 3085
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

lkjoel wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:
PilzAdam wrote: This mod is old and doesnt work
why?
I doubt that it doesn't work, but it's definitely slow (lua is like the worst scripting language ever, in terms of speed, and yes, I do have some backing for that statement, AND alternatives... but, of course, people will say that I'm an idiot anyways, as always ._.)
What alternatives would you suggest? Luckily, LuaJIT was added to Minetest recently.

PilzAdam recently made his own nether mod, so you could assist him with it if you want to. Some of the nodes from your nether mod could end up in his nether mod if you choose to make a mod that supports his mod. I don't think PilzAdam would do anything with your mod, so that is probably your best option. Good luck. After all, the nether could use its own torches, trees, and even a unique ore (your nether pearl would make a good ore and could be crafted into netherpearl prisms and netherpearl tools.)
Last edited by Inocudom on Thu Jun 20, 2013 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

User avatar
lkjoel
Member
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 19:27
Location: Gallifrey
Contact:

by lkjoel » Post

Inocudom wrote:
lkjoel wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:why?
I doubt that it doesn't work, but it's definitely slow (lua is like the worst scripting language ever, in terms of speed, and yes, I do have some backing for that statement, AND alternatives... but, of course, people will say that I'm an idiot anyways, as always ._.)
What alternatives would you suggest? Luckily, LuaJIT was added to Minetest recently.

PilzAdam recently made his own nether mod, so you could assist him with it if you want to. Some of the nodes from your nether mod could end up in his nether mod if you choose to make a mod that supports his mod. I don't think PilzAdam would do anything with your mod, so that is probably your best option. Good luck. After all, the nether could use its own torches, trees, and even a unique ore (your nether pearl would make a good ore and could be crafted into netherpearl prisms and netherpearl tools.)
Yes, there are a couple alternatives: pawn (extremely fast, on average 2-3x slower than pure C), gamemonkey (on average about 2x faster than lua), angelscript (sometimes faster than lua, sometimes slower). I used pawn in other projects, and it's absolutely amazing!!

Yes, I know he did. I have my own opinion about him (it's quite strong), but yeah, I'm not working on this mod anymore, I left minetest completely (due to various reasons), and will not attempt to help it, or anything of it, in any way.

I hope you understand :)
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

User avatar
big8666
New member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 18:59

by big8666 » Post

wHAt do i chage the name of the folder to because it comes up whith an error

User avatar
Topywo
Member
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 20:27

by Topywo » Post

Probably nether for the nether mod.

This version is old and didn't load fast/at all.

There's a another nether version made by PilzAdam:

viewtopic.php?id=5790

Download, extract it in your mods folder, rename it from nether-master into nether.

User avatar
MAXXD
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 20:01

by MAXXD » Post

O,O QUE BUEN MOD¡¡ ME ENCANTA :)

User avatar
Mossmanikin
Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 16:26
Location: where we don't speak english.

by Mossmanikin » Post

MAXXD wrote:O,O QUE BUEN MOD¡¡ ME ENCANTA :)
Although most people will probably understand, at least, the first part of your comment, it would be better if you write in English, so even more people will understand. ;)

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

User avatar
tiffany1972
New member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 18:18

by tiffany1972 » Post

omg what was thaton my screen

User avatar
IthegeekRS
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 00:00

by IthegeekRS » Post

It ruins all of the worlds I use it on! All it does is spawns you below the world over like 99 billion blocks down! I got to it on SURVIVAL and I had over 198 diamonds (I had 199) Dowwww....... (The Doh! before Doh!) *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish*
By the way, I would love to help with any textures!*Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish* *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish* *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish*

User avatar
sfan5
Moderator
Posts: 3892
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 09:44
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5
Location: Germany

by sfan5 » Post

IthegeekRS wrote:It ruins all of the worlds I use it on! All it does is spawns you below the world over like 99 billion blocks down! I got to it on SURVIVAL and I had over 198 diamonds (I had 199) Dowwww....... (The Doh! before Doh!) *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* [...]
This mod is in the Old Mods section for a reason
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

User avatar
stormchaser3000
Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 21:02
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

IthegeekRS wrote:It ruins all of the worlds I use it on! All it does is spawns you below the world over like 99 billion blocks down! I got to it on SURVIVAL and I had over 198 diamonds (I had 199) Dowwww....... (The Doh! before Doh!) *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish*
By the way, I would love to help with any textures!*Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish* *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish* *Shouts random gibberish into the sky while slamming on the keyboard* *Throws computer out window* *Gets it back and burns it* *More gibberish*
this mod is old so the mapgen is a peice of CRAP because of the old lua but this mod still works you just have to wait an exrusiatingly long time for the map to load
if you wish to contact me by email, please use stormchaser3000@librem.one

User avatar
paradoxian55
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 14:49

by paradoxian55 » Post

where is the download link?

User avatar
Pitriss
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 17:09
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss
Location: Czech republic, Bohumin

by Pitriss » Post

Are you aware that you are in "old mods" section, which means mods here are not working/not supported anymore?

Anyways, link to git repo in first post is still working.
Last edited by Pitriss on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (A. Savage, Mythbusters)
I'm not modding and/or playing minetest anymore. All my mods were released under WTFPL. You can fix/modify them yourself. Don't ask me for support. Thanks.

User avatar
crystaldynamic
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 05:06
Location: Parallel World :3

by crystaldynamic » Post

Grande Mod! Je l'adore ^ _ ^ 'et perles de ender ressemble le jeu Minecraft! 3
Hi I am crystaldynamic! ¡Congratulations, you are in my profile!
I am fan of this games: The Legend Of Zelda(the BEST :3), Minecraft, Minetest , Assasins Creed , Far Cry, Call of Duty, BuildandShoot , Grand Theft Auto.

User avatar
jack
New member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 13:59

by jack » Post

ma como eu baixo eim?

dextro183
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:34
GitHub: dextro183
IRC: dex
In-game: dextro183

Re: [Mod] Nether Mod [0.1STABLE]

by dextro183 » Post

yo dude is there a download for minetest 0.4.10 or is it just compatible with future versions

User avatar
Krock
Developer
Posts: 4508
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:48
GitHub: SmallJoker
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Nether Mod [0.1STABLE]

by Krock » Post

dextro183 wrote:yo dude is there a download for minetest 0.4.10 or is it just compatible with future versions
This mod got created in 2012 for Minetest 0.4.dev-2012*.

Do you really expect, you would need a newer Minetest version than 0.4.10?
--
There are some newer versions of the nether mod:
Nether [nether]
lkjoel's nether mod reworked [nether]
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

User avatar
JPRuehmann
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 21:40
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Nether Mod [0.1STABLE]

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello
none of them work for me
this is the only one that does anything at all (crash the Server). ;-)
anyone knows of a nether mod that is working?
I am using the actual minetest (Github).
Kubuntu 14.04 with all Updates.
Thanks,
JPR

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: [Mod] Nether Mod [0.1STABLE]

by Hybrid Dog » Post

JPRuehmann wrote:Hello
none of them work for me
this is the only one that does anything at all (crash the Server). ;-)
anyone knows of a nether mod that is working?
I am using the actual minetest (Github).
Kubuntu 14.04 with all Updates.
Thanks,
JPR
Please tell me the error messages you get when using a nether mod.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest