[Mod] The Bones Mod [1.02] [bones] - Making death hurt

bryanfrost
Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 18:16
 

Blackthorne
Member
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 07:38

by Blackthorne » Wed Aug 22, 2012 05:54

Must try this. I always wanted a basement filled with the corpses of my enemies~ You can collect and build with your bones like any other block, right?
 

cornernote
Member
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 15:02

by cornernote » Wed Aug 22, 2012 06:05

Blackthorne wrote:Must try this. I always wanted a basement filled with the corpses of my enemies~ You can collect and build with your bones like any other block, right?


Yep, they are just like chests.

I like to bury my old bones in the dirt, then put a gravestone on them.

Enemies can go on the top of a fence post as a warning! =)
 

User avatar
Gambit
Member
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Thu Aug 23, 2012 00:47

You know what I thought about was once you killed your enemy, instead of a bone block, a coffin instead would appear and it would be 5 - 8 blocks deep underground. Then you would have to grave rob it to collect the loot.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001
 

Blackthorne
Member
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 07:38

by Blackthorne » Thu Aug 23, 2012 01:46

cornernote wrote:
Yep, they are just like chests.

I like to bury my old bones in the dirt, then put a gravestone on them.

Enemies can go on the top of a fence post as a warning! =)


Love that idea. Instead of a head, you put their bones on a pike. :D I should add this mod to my medieval castle world. >:D

gambit wrote:You know what I thought about was once you killed your enemy, instead of a bone block, a coffin instead would appear and it would be 5 - 8 blocks deep underground. Then you would have to grave rob it to collect the loot.


Perhaps a variation of both? With a little stone grave marking where you died? Once you dig down deep enough, you have to bust the coffin open, revealing the bones. Only then could you get your loot back. If I could code in LUA, I'd do it myself.

...god, I'm morbid. xD

Gambit, you should totally add support for this mod in MineToon. That'd be wonderful.
Last edited by Blackthorne on Thu Aug 23, 2012 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
Phitherek_
Member
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 16:17
Location: Kraków

by Phitherek_ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 17:21

I' ve got a problem with this mod on 0.4.2-rc1:

19:18:22: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...etest/bin/../mods/minetest/phmodpack/bones/bones.lua:45: attempt to call field 'node_metadata_inventory_take_allow_all' (a nil value)
19:18:22: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
19:18:22: ERROR[main]: InventoryMenu: The selected inventory location "current_player" doesn't exist
Naruszenie ochrony pamięci (means Segmentation fault)
EDIT: Once here system showed me "Illegal instruction" instead of "Segmentation fault"

Please fix it... because it causes Minetest to segfault when I move every single item to my inventory from bones...

EDIT 2: One more thing: The mod and the idea is great... if only it had no bugs...
Last edited by Phitherek_ on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
---
Posted by Phitherek_
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri Aug 24, 2012 18:23

Phitherek_ wrote:I' ve got a problem with this mod on 1.4.2-rc1:

I want this version too. Where do you get this?
 

Blackthorne
Member
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 07:38

by Blackthorne » Fri Aug 24, 2012 18:45

PilzAdam wrote:
Phitherek_ wrote:I' ve got a problem with this mod on 1.4.2-rc1:

I want this version too. Where do you get this?

So do I. Man, 1.4.2 rc1 must be so much better than our 0.4.2 rc1.
 

User avatar
Phitherek_
Member
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 16:17
Location: Kraków

by Phitherek_ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:02

Corrected :P. Sorry for a mistake in version, right, it' s obviously 0.4.2-rc1 ;).
---
Posted by Phitherek_
 

User avatar
1221jr
Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 19:13

by 1221jr » Sat Aug 25, 2012 15:53

could you make a version for survival games where bones don't need to turn old for someone else to loot them and that when there completely looted or left for 5 mins they disappear
 

Bad_Command_
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 01:17

by Bad_Command_ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 20:32

Phitherek_ wrote:I' ve got a problem with this mod on 0.4.2-rc1:

19:18:22: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...etest/bin/../mods/minetest/phmodpack/bones/bones.lua:45: attempt to call field 'node_metadata_inventory_take_allow_all' (a nil value)
19:18:22: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
19:18:22: ERROR[main]: InventoryMenu: The selected inventory location "current_player" doesn't exist
Naruszenie ochrony pamięci (means Segmentation fault)
EDIT: Once here system showed me "Illegal instruction" instead of "Segmentation fault"

Please fix it... because it causes Minetest to segfault when I move every single item to my inventory from bones...

EDIT 2: One more thing: The mod and the idea is great... if only it had no bugs...


Hi Phitherek, the mod API changed in 0.4.2 and it broke the mod. I have updated it now that 0.4.3 has been released.

Let me know if you find any other bugs.
 

Bad_Command_
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 01:17

by Bad_Command_ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 20:34

1221jr wrote:could you make a version for survival games where bones don't need to turn old for someone else to loot them and that when there completely looted or left for 5 mins they disappear


1221jr, if you edit config.lua you can set bones.age_after=0. That way, bones will immediately become old.
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Tue Jul 23, 2013 02:55

How could I reduce the time from two hours to 15 minutes
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com
 

User avatar
LuxAtheris
Member
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 00:54
Location: Aether

by LuxAtheris » Thu Nov 07, 2013 07:23

I think its a little boxy or something.
Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
 

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
Location: A forest in the midwest
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57

LuxAtheris wrote:I think its a little boxy or something.
This is an old topic, the mod has already been added to minetest_game, and you are necroposting. I think it should be moved to the old mods topic
Back from the dead!
 

User avatar
Jordach
Member
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 17:58
Location: Blender Scene
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Thu Nov 07, 2013 16:47

Evergreen wrote:
LuxAtheris wrote:I think its a little boxy or something.
This is an old topic, the mod has already been added to minetest_game, and you are necroposting. I think it should be moved to the old mods topic
Well it certainly looks like that... ;)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19056 Solar Plains Dev Server
 

Previous

Return to Old Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest