[Mod] 3D Furniture [1.0] [3dforniture]

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

Re: [Mod] 3D Furniture [1.0] [3dforniture]

by Chibi ghost » Post

Ambrace wrote:Well, that's a bummer if it no longer works. I apologize for not clarifying. I forgot that the older versions were still used. I am on a Windows 7. I tried looking at that link already and I'm still confused. Like, do I install the whole folder in one area or do I install them in separate areas? No matter what I seem to due nothing works. Then again, I suppose it probably wouldn't work if the mods are old. =/ Do you know of any mods similar to this one?
this mod works for me but I feel that it shouldn't
every time I update I feel my houses are going to be filled with unknown nodes

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Being a tad out of date and breaking a few 0.4.15+ nodes (papyrus/tree) I thought that I would tinker with this mod and bring it a little up to date for those who still use it.

Changes:

- Used override functions for tree so that leafdecay still works
- Used override function for papyrus so that dig_up still works
- Removed additional lamps and toilet from creative inventory
- Updated commands to work with 0.4.15 and above
Attachments
3dforniture(0415).zip
(132.7 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

ThomasMonroe
GitHub: ThomasMonroe314
IRC: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared
In-game: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared

by ThomasMonroe » Post

Thanks Ten
I don't make messes, I just, er...disturb the local entropy!

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

7 years after this mod was born and died, it seems it might actually help me out. I need some basic furniture and appliances for the new city which I'm in the progress of designing for my recently revived Structures mod. I already looked at Home Decor and X-Decor, but found both to be too heavy or break the default style. Your textures and nodebox definitions offer exactly what I needed for bathroom appliances plus tables and chairs.

I tested this mod and unsurprisingly, it barely works with the latest version of Minetest as it is. But it's simple enough that I should be able to redo the defs and integrate it within a matter of hours. If I decide to go this route, expect to see some of those structures in my procedural cities once they're ready, which I might post some screenshots of here as well :)

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

As promised, here are the redesigned appliances. I haven't committed them to Git just yet, but once I do they will be part of the new default city for my Structures mod.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

MirceaKitsune wrote: 7 years after this mod was born and died,
That's a pity. The mod supplied us with useful furniture on Redcrabs server and on other servers back then. With the adaptions you plan to make, it might still be useful for situations where homedecor is too big, xdecor doesn't fit in style, and a handful of decorative nodes is just exactly what is needed. I often wish this would be part of MTG. At least the deco and batroom equipment.
A list of my mods can be found here.

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
MirceaKitsune wrote: 7 years after this mod was born and died,
That's a pity. The mod supplied us with useful furniture on Redcrabs server and on other servers back then. With the adaptions you plan to make, it might still be useful for situations where homedecor is too big, xdecor doesn't fit in style, and a handful of decorative nodes is just exactly what is needed. I often wish this would be part of MTG. At least the deco and batroom equipment.
So in my furniture mod I have a bunch of furniture blocks which are more than mere decorations. I have to do some edits and am still adding finishing touches on it. I think it'll fight people's want for some basic voxel like furniture.
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I've forked 3dforniture and changed it so that it will work with new (5.x) versions of MT without crashing them. There've been some posts here but not easy-to-clone-and-install-ones. Perhaps the mod ought to be moved to minetest-mods and added to the content database. It is still worth using this mod whenever you run an old world with nodes from it or whenever the full set of homedecor seems too much (but please consider using homedecor on servers if possible - some of us love decorating rooms!).

Changes:
  • moved the mod up one level in the file system hierarchy for easier installation
  • removed HTML crafting guide (most games come with an ingame craft guide now)
  • removed changes to papyrus and trees (such things as round trees ought to be done in a seperate mod if so desired)
  • adjusted code so that it no longer crashes in new versions: toilet and lamp can be operated by right-click instead of punching (more consistent with other nodes like i.e. doors, easier to dig)
  • tiny code optimizations
  • nodes that cannot be crafted (open toilet, lamps in diffrent stages) no longer appear in the creative inventory
Download: https://github.com/Sokomine/3dforniture/archive/master.zip
Browse code: https://github.com/Sokomine/3dforniture
License: GPLv3
Depends: default
A list of my mods can be found here.