[Mod] Money (or Economy) [201207] [money]

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Post

Thanks.
But i don't understand how i can craft an admin shop (and locked sign).

kotolegokot

by kotolegokot » Post

To get admin shop, you should use /giveme.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

How to solve the money ammount problem :

1 - create a new item called money that is worth one minetoon each
2 - create a ATM machine that is placed by the admins. That ATM machine lends money with a interest rate that is setup by the admins. That interest rate should take into account the rate of failure, because some people will be unable to pay their debts.
3 - a new player enters the server, he goes to the ATM and takes a loan.
4 - With the loan the player buys mining equipment and goes mining. He sells the mining results and pays his outstanding debits with the ATM.
5 - The surplus he can sell in the market to earn more money.
6 - The admins should setup "public works", like building roads and leveling land for a city to grow. Admins pays a salary for that work, transfering back to the players what was earned by the lend system.

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Post

kotolegokot wrote:To get admin shop, you should use /giveme.
/giveme what?

And how the users create shops?
Last edited by Kryuko on Sun Dec 16, 2012 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Post

Nubelite wrote:Here is a shop i setup with my customized version, just to give you an idea of what i was aiming for. It is on my server if you want to look in person.

The user's don't destroy all?

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Post

I have a little problem.
My users create a shop, set it, but when they click to the "proceed" button, nothing happend.
Do you have a solution for this? All users have the "money" privilege. Is there another privilege for create shops?

Thanks in advance.

kotolegokot

by kotolegokot » Post

Maybe, they fill in the form wrong.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

kbobdc3

by kbobdc3 » Post

Mod is in mods folder but not showing up in game
I'm not stupid, I'm weak minded

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The mod is very nice for multiplayer servers. It would be good if it would be easier to define how much a shop is willing to buy of a certain node - else you may end up with a chest full of nodes of which you only wanted half a stack - and without no money left.
Also it would be nice to have a log that shows who bought what (not the time! only the amount) so that popular shops can be refilled and it gets easier to find out what the customers want.
A list of my mods can be found here.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Is it possilbe to have a way for admins to monitor transactions?

Something that would register in the server logs any time a money mod function is used?

For settling disputes and confirming large transactions (between who and how much and for what).

Perhaps a GUI menu that is invoked by a money command. The fields of the menu would carry out the action as well as write a line to the server log.

For example:
Player1 _______________
Player2 _______________

Pay
Amount _______________
For item:code ___________

Trade
Trade item:code quantity
For item:code quantity

Thanks for a great mod!

Cooper97

by Cooper97 » Post

This is an awesome mod, but I found a bug. If I freeze the account of a player, he can still use money (buy and sell). Please solve this problem.

Edit: I tested it with the Minetest version 0.4.6
Last edited by Cooper97 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad english. (I am from germany.)

hdastwb
GitHub: hdastwb
IRC: hdastwb
In-game: hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

I've just put in a pull request to fix a bug where players would use shops linked to nonexistent accounts and crash the server; if this is still in active development, I think it would be a good thing to incorporate in case the playerdata gets lost on someone else's economy server in the future.

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

kotolegokot wrote: Commands for players (requires "money" privilege):
how can I give the privilege of money to a player?
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

brunob.santos wrote:
kotolegokot wrote: Commands for players (requires "money" privilege):
how can I give the privilege of money to a player?
Same as you would give any privilege:

Code: Select all

/grant user priv
So, to give money:

Code: Select all

/grant user money
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

xiong

by xiong » Post

I only want one thing: the ability to retune my shop without emptying it, digging it up, and replacing it. Being able to change prices (in particular) is a normal part of doing any sort of business. I do not see why, if I left-click my own shop (containing goods), I should not be taken to the tuning screen.

As for not wanting a shop to be flooded with goods when you only want some: You may have offered too much for the item in question; offer less. Another strategy is to move dummy goods into most of the slots -- dirt, perhaps. It only takes one block to fill that slot. You can leave as few as one slot open to accept goods and limit your buy to 99 items regardless of supply.

This is a fine, well thought-out mod. It needs only that one tweak.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Beeing able to change the price would be most helpful, yes.

As for the limiting of bought nodes through adding "fillers" in the other slots: Yes, that works, but it does not look so great and is rather impractical.

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Can I change some data in this mod? To use on my server?
I already translated this mod almost completely (for Portuguese).
I want to change only one thing. cr to M $.
The official currency on my server called Minemoney.
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

kotolegokot

by kotolegokot » Post

brunob.santos wrote:Can I change some data in this mod? To use on my server?
Do what you want.

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

brunob.santos wrote:Can I change some data in this mod? To use on my server?
You mean change the name of the money? Edit the CURRENCY_POSTFIX variable in settings.lua.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

xiong

by xiong » Post

Announcement

I worked on this mod to address the very issue I raised earlier about easier repricing; that's now in master. Punch to detune a shop, then right-click as usual to open the tuning form.
Details: https://github.com/Kotolegokot/minetest ... y/issues/1

I've also straightened out a minor bug that surfaced; and clarified (I trust) some of the words (code and displayed text) used to indicate the direction of a transaction.

Now kotolegokot has worked hard on this mod and created a truly important thing. But I'll be maintaining 'money' from now on and I hope to build on this excellent foundation. Various players have commented casually about things they want and I have a few ideas of my own.

So please, if you are running 'money' now, go ahead and update to the current 'master' branch head; and let me know what you want to see.

hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

One thing that I've been meaning to code into this mod but never got around to is a way to specify merchandise by just dragging a sample of what is to be sold into the formspec rather than having to deduce it's item name; this would be particularly useful when selling stuff from mods like mesecons which have really odd names for their items…

Also, how about adding mesecons/digilines support (perhaps in the form of a block that produces a pulse when payment is issued) so that people can build things that require payment to run, like more generalized merchandise dispensers, pay gates, coin-operated laundry, or online banking…

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Automatic determination of the name of the item that is to be sold is certainly important. Most players do not know the name of all items they want to sell. Maybe you could add merchandise to the shops inventory first and then, after something is inserted and thus it's certain what is to be sold, show the setup (shop name, amount to be sold together, price).

For shops that want to buy, setting a limit (only buy for x amount of money/only buy up to y of these) would be very helpful.

The vending system used on the Landrush server gives some helpful information in its infotext shown at mouseover: Is the shop owner out of money? Does the shop contain items? What is sold, and at which price? (even with price per item). That's a nice feature. Maybe that can be adopted for these shops here as well.

The barter shops on VanessaEs server have the advantage that they're able to exchange combinations of items for combinations of items. Maybe that would be too much for this mod as it's more money-based.

It would be great if it would be possible to see who bought which amount of items (not when!) so that you can offer regular customers presents or reduced prices occasionally (manually of course - that's nothing that can be automatized).

Another helpful point would be to have a node that shows you with one click which shops ran dry and need refilling.

If you want to really dig into it, combining the shops with the pipeworks mod and allowing automatic refill through pneumatic tubes might be fun.

Azuna

by Azuna » Post

i cant get rid of the admin shop i placed.

hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

Azuna wrote:i cant get rid of the admin shop i placed.
I sort of accidentally happened across an admin shop vending machine on a server once and wound up placing an indestructible admin shop as well…

I believe that it is possible to dig admin shops if one has money admin privileges; otherwise, worldedit always works…

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

hdastwb wrote:
Azuna wrote:i cant get rid of the admin shop i placed.
I sort of accidentally happened across an admin shop vending machine on a server once and wound up placing an indestructible admin shop as well…

I believe that it is possible to dig admin shops if one has money admin privileges; otherwise, worldedit always works…
Or disable/remove from minetest/mods the money mod. It will give you a diggable unknown block. Then enable/put back in minetest/mods the money mod.