[Mod] Simple Mobs [mobs]

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: [Mod] Simple Mobs [mobs]

by BrunoMine » Post

This error toppled Brazil Minemacro server

Code: Select all

11:14:15: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: /root/minetest/bin/../mods/mobs/api.lua:467: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
11:14:15: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
11:14:15: ERROR[main]: 	[C]: in function 'ipairs'
11:14:15: ERROR[main]: 	/root/minetest/bin/../mods/mobs/api.lua:467: in function </root/minetest/bin/../mods/mobs/api.lua:464>

In thread 7f00a2e57740:
/usr/games/minetest-minetest-660e636/src/main.cpp:1919: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f00975fe700:
#0  virtual void* CurlFetchThread::Thread()
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f00a2e57740:
#0  int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1  Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2  virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
(Leftover data: #3  virtual void Database_SQLite3::saveBlock(MapBlock*))
(Leftover data: #4  void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)
How to solve this?

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

brunob.santos wrote:This error toppled Brazil Minemacro server

11:14:15: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: /root/minetest/bin/../mods/mobs/api.lua:467: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
11:14:15: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
11:14:15: ERROR[main]: 	[C]: in function 'ipairs'
11:14:15: ERROR[main]: 	/root/minetest/bin/../mods/mobs/api.lua:467: in function </root/minetest/bin/../mods/mobs/api.lua:464>

In thread 7f00a2e57740:
/usr/games/minetest-minetest-660e636/src/main.cpp:1919: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f00975fe700:
#0  virtual void* CurlFetchThread::Thread()
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f00a2e57740:
#0  int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1  Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2  virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
(Leftover data: #3  virtual void Database_SQLite3::saveBlock(MapBlock*))
(Leftover data: #4  void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)
How to solve this?
Do you use an unmodified version of this mod? Does the server add any extra mobs?

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

No. I simply deletes the mobs keeping only the dungeon master. I deleted a line of it.(drop)

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

Don't delete that line, just do

drops = "",

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

brunob.santos wrote:No. I simply deletes the mobs keeping only the dungeon master. I deleted a line of it.(drop)
Why didn't you add this information to your first post? This is the reason it crashes.

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

Is there a command to gain spawn eggs or something of the sort to spawn mobs/monsters? A '/giveme' command I mean...

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

/spawnentity mobs:sand_monster

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Casimir wrote:/spawnentity mobs:sand_monster
This one requires the “server” privilege, not the “give” one.

I'm adding the ability to spawn all mobs using items in this mod.

Achilles

by Achilles » Post

Thanks a lot :)

Megazell

by Megazell » Post

I have Minetest (Software Center) installed on 10 computers that are identical to each other all running Lubuntu.

On 6 of them the mod works 100% with no problems. One 4 of them the mobs are invisible with a can not load mesh error at the top as they attack the player. I did some digging but have not found a solution for this.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Megazell wrote:I have Minetest (Software Center) installed on 10 computers that are identical to each other all running Lubuntu.

On 6 of them the mod works 100% with no problems. One 4 of them the mobs are invisible with a can not load mesh error at the top as they attack the player. I did some digging but have not found a solution for this.

Could it be you installed minetest from the Lubuntu software center under different Lubuntu versions? Iirc the minetest versions can differ (are upgraded) in Lubuntu versions.

I personally prefer to use (one of the) latest dev versions of minetest.

Megazell

by Megazell » Post

I will look into that. Each computer was installed with Lubuntu at the same time. I will check the versions on the 6 machines not working right.

Megazell

by Megazell » Post

They are all using the same version 0.4.9.

HANNAHBOO

by HANNAHBOO » Post

Can I get a step by step instructions how dowloading mods. I try but seem to be doing something wrong. I have 4.10 version I think.

balthazariv

by balthazariv » Post

HANNAHBOO wrote:Can I get a step by step instructions how dowloading mods. I try but seem to be doing something wrong. I have 4.10 version I think.
You must download here :
https://github.com/PilzAdam/mobs/zipball/master

After you extract the files and rename the folder "PilzAdam-mobs-c49cc47" to "mobs"
You must place the new folder "mobs" to you mods directory in minetest.
It's the same for all mods. Sometimes mods involve other mods that you find in the depends.
You can also read the wiki http://dev.minetest.net/Installing_Mods

Achilles

by Achilles » Post

Is it possible to spawn only part of a mob? Such as the fireball of a dungeon master?
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Achilles wrote:Is it possible to spawn only part of a mob? Such as the fireball of a dungeon master?
https://github.com/PilzAdam/mobs/blob/m ... t.lua#L395

/spawnentity mobs:fireball
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Krock wrote:
Achilles wrote:Is it possible to spawn only part of a mob? Such as the fireball of a dungeon master?

You are likely to immediatly get hit by the fireball, taking damage and spawning fire around you.

Achilles

by Achilles » Post

Calinou wrote:
Krock wrote:

You are likely to immediatly get hit by the fireball, taking damage and spawning fire around you.
Thanks again for helping me here and for your consideration

indriApollo
GitHub: indriApollo
IRC: indriApollo
In-game: SudoAptGetPlay

by indriApollo » Post

Hi, I've these annoying messages while playing on a server.
Since lua errors are real-time logged to debug.txt in the latest minetest builds, it hangs the game when warnings occur.
Sapier suggested models beeing broken, anyone ?

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The errors are references inside each of the mob .x files looking for a texture that isnt available... They can be ignored or you can try the Mobs Redo mod where they have been removed...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9917

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

One can open every *.x file and delete/rename texture to smth that IS present in textures folder :)
Alternatively one could've left texture names as they were ;)

LodeRunner

Re:

by LodeRunner » Post

Folks,

This is my first post, but I've been lurking for a while, reading as much as I can, learning lua, and learning the game. I know some of several different languages and have been a modder for a while on several different programs, so forgive me for jumping in with both feet right away.

A post a few pages ago was very interesting to me, as I was asking some of the same questions:
ak399g wrote:Four questions:
1.) Possible to create flying mobs?
2.) Possible to have certain mobs jump higher than others?
3.) How to change the Dungeon Master's fireball attack to only igniting flammable objects and air instead of every node?
4.) When I shoot a mob to death with your throwing mod, they don't drop anything.
I don't know about Item #1 or #2, but I do have some answers about the last two:

3) In the lua file for the Dungeon Master, there is a line of code near the bottom that prevents the fireballs from destroying default:obsidian and ethereal:obsidian block (or something close to that). In the Calinou-Carbone_mobs mod, the fireballs are set NOT to destroy furnaces, chests, and a few other items. I am guessing that you could just add some additional "and" nodes to the "if/then" statement and that would do it. You could also drop the random percentage that causes any non-flammable nodes to be set on fire (found right after the "and" statements). A more elegant solution would be to initialize a Group and designate it in the code, that way you could just edit the Group table rather than the if/then statement itself. Does anyone know how to do this? I'd like to create something similar to the skeletons in MC that would shoot less powerful arrows but I'm still learning lua. :-P

4) On line 650-ish of the mobs api.lua, there is a statement that goes something like:

"if hitter and hitter:is_player() then -- and hitter:get_inventory() then"

with the items after the -- commented out. Since the arrows from the throwing mod are shot by the player but are not the player per se, I think the program is not issuing the drop commands. I commented out the portion about "hitter:is_player()" and then went outside and shot some sheep (poor sheep, they always get used for tests). Every one dropped a mutton chop for me, and the cows and the chickens dropped their brand of food as well. I haven't tried extensively on any hostile mobs yet, so this may vary, but I'm working on it. As a side effect, this may allow hostile mobs to shoot each other, kind of like the skeletons in MC. Not sure of this yet, though.

Hope this helps people with their own modding!
LodeRunner
Wait...didn't I just explore this cavern?

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

The first one is easy.
Moreover, Blockman's 'creatures' mod has a ghost.
My 'adbs' mod offers the opportunity to add a flying mob with a simple change of a flag 'flying'. (But that one is inseparable from Magichet.)

The second one is not a problem for most of forks of Adam's 'mobs' (AFAIK, it was Electric Solstice who had changed mob definition to use meta tables). All one need to do is to redefine jump.
I don't remember, but it seems to me that there was an opportunity to use a flag with jump height too.

LodeRunner

by LodeRunner » Post

Folks,

Just a quick follow-up to my last post.

ak399g asked why the throwing mod doesn't cause mobs to drop anything when killed. I answered:
4) On line 650-ish of the mobs api.lua, there is a statement that goes something like:

"if hitter and hitter:is_player() then -- and hitter:get_inventory() then"

with the items after the -- commented out. Since the arrows from the throwing mod are shot by the player but are not the player per se, I think the program is not issuing the drop commands. I commented out the portion about "hitter:is_player()" and then went outside and shot some sheep (poor sheep, they always get used for tests). Every one dropped a mutton chop for me, and the cows and the chickens dropped their brand of food as well. I haven't tried extensively on any hostile mobs yet, so this may vary, but I'm working on it. As a side effect, this may allow hostile mobs to shoot each other, kind of like the skeletons in MC. Not sure of this yet, though.
Since that post, I have tested my solution on hostile mobs and yes, they do drop their designated items when killed. I did not get them to shoot each other (didn't have 2 DMs present at the same time), so I don't know if mobs will drop items when killed by each other (or if they can kill each other).

Hope this helps!
LodeRunner
Wait...didn't I just explore this cavern?