[Mod] Simple Mobs [mobs]

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Tue Oct 02, 2012 19:34


It looks very nice!
But it has a too high resolution. It doesnt fit into the default game. 16x32 would be nice.
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 19:38

oh, uhm. I'm not sure about making it smaller. ok then. I'll add it in my dwarves game anyway. i switched from mobf to your mod:)
so, i want to make two suggestions:
1) 3d sheeps
2) more peaceful mobs (1-2)
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Oct 03, 2012 07:46

Mito551 wrote:oh, uhm. I'm not sure about making it smaller. ok then. I'll add it in my dwarves game anyway. i switched from mobf to your mod:)
so, i want to make two suggestions:
1) 3d sheeps
2) more peaceful mobs (1-2)

I dont like 3D entities because they are ugly because they are not animated and 2D is also from the original 0.3. So I will keep 2D mobs.
If you have ideas for peacful mobs than post it here. But i dont add mobs that are copied from MC. I also need textures for them that fit into the default textures (16x16).
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:00

ok, got your point. ok, i'll think about it. what about bear? maybe horses? oh well, pigs, cows and sheeps are basic animals, there is nothing you can invent..
 

Alfino
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11

by Alfino » Wed Oct 03, 2012 13:50

How about wild version of MC animals, it's strange to look domestic animal roam freely in wild.
How about this :
  • pig => boar
  • cow => bull
  • chicken => junglefowl

also as wild animal, they have chance to attack you when you attack them first, it will make hunting animal more challenging because they can counterattack you.
Last edited by Alfino on Wed Oct 03, 2012 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 14:33

Alfino wrote:How about wild version of MC animals, it's strange to look domestic animal roam freely in wild.
How about this :
  • pig => boar
  • cow => bull
  • chicken => junglefowl

also as wild animal, they have chance to attack you when you attack them first, it will make hunting animal more challenging because they can counterattack you.


i was thinking about it. but you can't get milk from bull and chiken eggs from junglefowls..
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 17:27

i ran into a problem, which i didn't notice, because i thought i was because i had enable damage ticked off. nope, lava does damage. mobs don't. what's wrong?
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Oct 03, 2012 17:33

Mito551 wrote:i ran into a problem, which i didn't notice, because i thought i was because i had enable damage ticked off. nope, lava does damage. mobs don't. what's wrong?

Can you give more information. The mobs normally hurt you when they run towards you and stop in a range of 2 blocks.
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 17:40

PilzAdam wrote:
Mito551 wrote:i ran into a problem, which i didn't notice, because i thought i was because i had enable damage ticked off. nope, lava does damage. mobs don't. what's wrong?

Can you give more information. The mobs normally hurt you when they run towards you and stop in a range of 2 blocks.


yes, i understand that they *should* do exactly this. but they just don't. what kind of information do you need?
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Oct 03, 2012 17:44

Mito551 wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:
Mito551 wrote:i ran into a problem, which i didn't notice, because i thought i was because i had enable damage ticked off. nope, lava does damage. mobs don't. what's wrong?

Can you give more information. The mobs normally hurt you when they run towards you and stop in a range of 2 blocks.


yes, i understand that they *should* do exactly this. but they just don't. what kind of information do you need?

Just give as much as you can. A video would be best, but i guess its not possible for you.
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 17:50

well. there is a monster. in the night. i walk to it. it runs after me, i run away. but when i stand, it approches me. and nothing happens. it just stands and stares

thank you for your quick responses.. i'm uploading a video right now.

the log says that i'm being attacked. damage is 0.

Code: Select all
ACTION[ServerThread]: Player mitori punched by LuaEntitySAO at (-120.9,-18.275,-76.4098), damage 0 HP
Last edited by Mito551 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03
 

Alfino
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11

by Alfino » Wed Oct 03, 2012 23:43

Mito551 wrote:i was thinking about it. but you can't get milk from bull and chiken eggs from junglefowls..


Of course you can. You can always get milk from any mammals and egg from any bird. It's just different then from domestic animal.
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 05:09

well. you can't get cow milk and chiken eggs and i stressed it out. and these products are mostly used for cooking.
 

Alfino
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11

by Alfino » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:38

It's just suggestion btw, I'm not force u to do that. also it's can be done with simple method : Change the cow texture with bull and chicken texture with junglefowl and you get it.

The core idea is about animal counterattack. In minecraft cow just run away like chicken when you hit them, it's unrealistic (even domestic animal sometimes attack you, when you do something wrong with them). So the player must ready when the cow they hunt getting MAD.
 

leo_rockway
Member
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 20:37

by leo_rockway » Fri Oct 05, 2012 02:46

Mito551 wrote:well. there is a monster. in the night. i walk to it. it runs after me, i run away. but when i stand, it approches me. and nothing happens. it just stands and stares

thank you for your quick responses.. i'm uploading a video right now.

the log says that i'm being attacked. damage is 0.

Code: Select all
ACTION[ServerThread]: Player mitori punched by LuaEntitySAO at (-120.9,-18.275,-76.4098), damage 0 HP


Same here, latest git for the mod, latest git for MT.

Also, what texture pack is that in your video? I like the dirt monster in particular.
Last edited by leo_rockway on Fri Oct 05, 2012 02:47, edited 1 time in total.
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 03:55

leo_rockway wrote:Also, what texture pack is that in your video? I like the dirt monster in particular.


that's the "Dwarves" game and texture pack, which comes with it. Click me!
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:45

leo_rockway wrote:
Mito551 wrote:well. there is a monster. in the night. i walk to it. it runs after me, i run away. but when i stand, it approches me. and nothing happens. it just stands and stares

thank you for your quick responses.. i'm uploading a video right now.

the log says that i'm being attacked. damage is 0.

Code: Select all
ACTION[ServerThread]: Player mitori punched by LuaEntitySAO at (-120.9,-18.275,-76.4098), damage 0 HP


Same here, latest git for the mod, latest git for MT.

Also, what texture pack is that in your video? I like the dirt monster in particular.

Do you use a amor mod?
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri Oct 05, 2012 14:25

Mito551 wrote:yes. but i have none on me.

Thats the problem. The armor mod creates a new armor group that my mod doesnt support.
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 14:27

PilzAdam wrote:
Mito551 wrote:yes. but i have none on me.

Thats the problem. The armor mod creates a new armor group that my mod doesnt support.


is there a way to fix it without deleting the armor mod? =(
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri Oct 05, 2012 14:36

Mito551 wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:
Mito551 wrote:yes. but i have none on me.

Thats the problem. The armor mod creates a new armor group that my mod doesnt support.


is there a way to fix it without deleting the armor mod? =(

I can add support for it to my mod. Maybe tomorow or so.
 

User avatar
Mito551
Member
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 15:19

PilzAdam wrote:I can add support for it to my mod. Maybe tomorow or so.


cool! looking forward to it! :)
 

PreviousNext

Return to Old Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest