guilleelcapoextra

by guilleelcapoextra » Post

hey you can not put a pig or cow for food? l together but a creeper or zonbie

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Chinchow wrote:Finally a reason to turn my damage on in singleplayer I don't like that its a creeper though I don't like minecraft things how about you make it a kamikaze android with no arms
This creeper doesn't look like the mincraft one - it only has it's name as the kind of species. And it doesn't matter whether taht is the real one or the imaginated one. Besides there can be those, who don't like cows and pigs as the kind of species as well. So what? We shouldn't add domestic animals? And if we do, we shouldn't be able to kill them or eat their meat, 'cause there are Indians (cows=sacred animals) and Muslims (a pig is a "dirty" animal, so can't eat pork, so do not became "dirty").

Yep, I'm exaggerating, but that's for anyone to get my idea.

I'm tired of reading here "go buy & play minecraft" written by different people for different people. No one can deny that very fact of the Minecraft being inspiration for this game. No one except celeron-55 who already admited that so many times at the different places. And to my mind "Inspiration" means "take all good stuff & improve it while adding new features and trying not to step on the same rakes as the developers of the original".

Minetest is great and so does it's modding api. Both of them are growing and become more and more great and powerfull as the requests from the users and new ideas are born. Minecraft had it's own story - a long and strange one. And it will never be so exiting as the minetest can be. At the time being only "can", 'cause we don't have any stable 3d mobs besides this one (which is too stable is you ask me ;)), we don't have proper interact with the water, we don't have any food-o-meter or air-o-meter, we don't have client-side particles system or eating animation.

But we do have (thanks to many people creating tons of mods) a LOT of things like unlimited biome type count, like mesecons overhelmed the redstone (which doesn't act like the redstone in some basic parts, though, which is sad), like inventory_plus or like craft_guide. That things have some resemblence to the minecraft mods, but have iit's own charm and it's own look & feel. They aren't "stealing" the concept of any of the minecraft mod - even the technic mod is different from the IC2. You put those mods into your game and you're playing Minetest, not Minecraft.

"That's too Minecraft's things!" - You say? Yes, the are. And that are the features of the survival mode! The mode where you can strive, suffocate, drown, be eaten or be smashed by some weird creature. What people want is better experience in the sandbox game. Many-many-many users here have played Minecraft but there were reasons they came to the Minetest society. And it's only natural they want to see some things they are familiar with. And there are some points where Minetest should learn from the Minecraft history experience and bugs.

If you don't like Minecraft things then I suggest you changing the texture of this mob and rename it to "kamiikaze android" or whatever. But my point is that anyone could change the apearence of the butter creeper or it's name, but the very fact of THE SAME CONCEPT behind this mob would remain. There's no need to cry out "Simpsons Already Did It!" if you're "Ok" with the "stolen" concept. Every sane person who had played in Minecraft for sure would recognize the pattern of the creeper - to sneak to a player and then to "WTF?!! KA-BOOM!!!" no mater what model or what texture it would have. So, consider this butter creeper as the fanwork, cause Minetest itself is the fanwork too in a way. There are great fanworks like RRRR or Jackal or even the Black Mesa, but there are allways some "basis" and if that basis includes some type of creature with the certain pack of habbits (read "of the some kind of species") then so should it be. It's only natural that the "child" has to overshadow the "parent", but everyone looks into some similar features.

So, to summ up this whole load of words, instead of saying "I don't want anything minecraft-like" one probably should create his own fork with the chess game and poetesses, cause Minetest was minecraft-like for all it's lifespan.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

4aiman wrote:
Chinchow wrote:Finally a reason to turn my damage on in singleplayer I don't like that its a creeper though I don't like minecraft things how about you make it a kamikaze android with no arms
This creeper doesn't look like the mincraft one - it only has it's name as the kind of species. And it doesn't matter whether taht is the real one or the imaginated one. Besides there can be those, who don't like cows and pigs as the kind of species as well. So what? We shouldn't add domestic animals? And if we do, we shouldn't be able to kill them or eat their meat, 'cause there are Indians (cows=sacred animals) and Muslims (a pig is a "dirty" animal, so can't eat pork, so do not became "dirty").

Yep, I'm exaggerating, but that's for anyone to get my idea.

I'm tired of reading here "go buy & play minecraft" written by different people for different people. No one can deny that very fact of the Minecraft being inspiration for this game. No one except celeron-55 who already admited that so many times at the different places. And to my mind "Inspiration" means "take all good stuff & improve it while adding new features and trying not to step on the same rakes as the developers of the original".

Minetest is great and so does it's modding api. Both of them are growing and become more and more great and powerfull as the requests from the users and new ideas are born. Minecraft had it's own story - a long and strange one. And it will never be so exiting as the minetest can be. At the time being only "can", 'cause we don't have any stable 3d mobs besides this one (which is too stable is you ask me ;)), we don't have proper interact with the water, we don't have any food-o-meter or air-o-meter, we don't have client-side particles system or eating animation.

But we do have (thanks to many people creating tons of mods) a LOT of things like unlimited biome type count, like mesecons overhelmed the redstone (which doesn't act like the redstone in some basic parts, though, which is sad), like inventory_plus or like craft_guide. That things have some resemblence to the minecraft mods, but have iit's own charm and it's own look & feel. They aren't "stealing" the concept of any of the minecraft mod - even the technic mod is different from the IC2. You put those mods into your game and you're playing Minetest, not Minecraft.

"That's too Minecraft's things!" - You say? Yes, the are. And that are the features of the survival mode! The mode where you can strive, suffocate, drown, be eaten or be smashed by some weird creature. What people want is better experience in the sandbox game. Many-many-many users here have played Minecraft but there were reasons they came to the Minetest society. And it's only natural they want to see some things they are familiar with. And there are some points where Minetest should learn from the Minecraft history experience and bugs.

If you don't like Minecraft things then I suggest you changing the texture of this mob and rename it to "kamiikaze android" or whatever. But my point is that anyone could change the apearence of the butter creeper or it's name, but the very fact of THE SAME CONCEPT behind this mob would remain. There's no need to cry out "Simpsons Already Did It!" if you're "Ok" with the "stolen" concept. Every sane person who had played in Minecraft for sure would recognize the pattern of the creeper - to sneak to a player and then to "WTF?!! KA-BOOM!!!" no mater what model or what texture it would have. So, consider this butter creeper as the fanwork, cause Minetest itself is the fanwork too in a way. There are great fanworks like RRRR or Jackal or even the Black Mesa, but there are allways some "basis" and if that basis includes some type of creature with the certain pack of habbits (read "of the some kind of species") then so should it be. It's only natural that the "child" has to overshadow the "parent", but everyone looks into some similar features.

So, to summ up this whole load of words, instead of saying "I don't want anything minecraft-like" one probably should create his own fork with the chess game and poetesses, cause Minetest was minecraft-like for all it's lifespan.
You couldn't be more right.+100
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Creeper should be able to swim - just like the butter he was made of :)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

creeper should drown in water here is some of the code from my npc mod edited to fit yours. put it under "NPC_ENTITY.on_step = function(self, dtime)"

Code: Select all

local current_pos = self.object:getpos()
    local current_node = minetest.env:get_node(current_pos)
    if self.time_passed == nil then
        self.time_passed = 0
    end

self.time_passed = self.time_passed + dtime

if self.time_passed >= 20 then
        self.object:remove()
    else
    if current_node.name == "default:water_source" or
    current_node.name == "default:water_flowing" or
    current_node.name == "default:lava_source" or
        current_node.name == "default:lava_flowing"
    then
        self.time_passed =  self.time_passed + dtime
    else
        self.time_passed = 0
    end
end
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

Do these spawn on their own?
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:Do these spawn on their own?
yes
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

This mod will need some more stabilizing I am afraid. The butter creepers themselves don't have any textures and they eventually cause any game they are in to lag and become unplayable. They also kill any nearby mobs from Sapier's animals_modpack mod instantly (even the dungeon master.)

If worked on and improved, this mod can become a new favorite of Minetest one day.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

jordan4ipbanez is on a break right now so yeah he cant continue
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Inocudom wrote: They also kill any nearby mobs from Sapier's animals_modpack mod instantly
They are the only one of the mobs which really hurt another mobs :)
However, some fixes are needed. Hm... Maybe we should have a rule here om the minetest.net forums (maybe unwritten) like "if you go and rest then specify the license for your stuff beforehand or that would be considered as GPL or WTFPL"?

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

They, all we need, is a End Portal anyone like to help? but whats try making it not minecraft rated...
Oh and we should have a Testcon!(Minetest Con like Minecon but, it about Minetest and, the mods and, games and W.I.P games)
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Um there should be a serious limit on the spawn of creepers beginning : 1-2 creepers after a while I could see ten or so wherever I looked
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

Josh

by Josh » Post

Good mod, finally adds a challenge to the game.

Pokemon122

by Pokemon122 » Post

butter creeper? reminds me of skydoesminecarft lol
can someone make a pokemon mod plz? i'v never made a mod so i cant make one right know :(

neron

by neron » Post

When will this be like a minecraft creeper?

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

I downloaded this last night and installed it. I love them on Traxie21'1 server, but they don't hurt players or nodes on mine. Any ideas?
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Tedypig wrote:I downloaded this last night and installed it. I love them on Traxie21'1 server, but they don't hurt players or nodes on mine. Any ideas?
This mod isnt updated to the new damage system that was introduced with Minetest 0.4.6.

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

Oh, how hard is that to do?
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111

Minerz
GitHub: Minerz
IRC: Minerz
In-game: MinerMan

Re: .

by Minerz » Post

Whaa? Where is the mod?

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

Minerz wrote:Whaa? Where is the mod?
I think that is the point :)
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

Minerz
GitHub: Minerz
IRC: Minerz
In-game: MinerMan

by Minerz » Post

Ah. :P I thought there was going to be a mod. Should've looked at the title, derp.

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

Does someone have a download to this mod and why is it removed?
This is a cool signature. :)