[Mod] Gauges

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

kahrl wrote:Not sure if you meant this or not but FYI, pathfinding is implemented in C++.
Please, don't you "FYI" at me ;)
My point is that there were a lot of discussions where celeron and some stubborn community members were bitching about others should stop bitching about parts of mob AI to be coded in C++.

I guess it'll take devs a year or so to realize and finally merge pull requests that'll bring long waited features like path finding. I mentioned that one only because it was a "NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO NOT IN THIS LIFE!"

In fact I asked to ban me a week ago, then I wrote to Vanessa, then I violated a couple of forum rules, spammed topics, was arguing where I could could not, write stupid annoying things in my signature...
Still it's easier to deal with me than ban me. If it's so difficult to ban a person, then it's no wonder pull requests and ideas get ignored or denied.
Last edited by 4aiman on Wed May 08, 2013 06:27, edited 1 time in total.

sparky
GitHub: Elkien3
IRC: ircSparky
In-game: sparky

Re: [Mod] Gauges

by sparky » Post

awesome mod!
can you make a mod like this only nametags and/or speech bubbles?

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Elaborate?
Speech bubbles with the text like that on Adams signs? - That would be slow, but it can be done.
What do you mean by nametags? MT had it's own, doesn't it? You only have to enable those.

Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Post

4aiman wrote:Elaborate?
Speech bubbles with the text like that on Adams signs? - That would be slow, but it can be done.
What do you mean by nametags? MT had it's own, doesn't it? You only have to enable those.
He is asking to edit the default system of nametags. Ex. the nametag disappears in a given radius and can be edited by placing something like this in minetest.conf: nametag_remove = 5. If value is set 0, It would disable name tag. With this some games like Prop Hunt, PvP style games, etc. could be ported to Minetest.
Scan avatar or click here to read a Message of Hope (PDF)

sparky

by sparky » Post

4aiman wrote:Speech bubbles with the text like that on Adams signs? - That would be slow, but it can be done.
yea kinda like the Adams signs, not sure if its the best idea but its interesting to think about.
4aiman wrote:What do you mean by nametags? MT had it's own, doesn't it? You only have to enable those.
making a nametag an entity would make it so you couldn't see a player from across the map and/or through walls.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8053

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Just saying, breath bars are fully possible, you can overlay them over health bars.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Calinou wrote:Just saying, breath bars are fully possible, you can overlay them over health bars.
Didn't you do that already?
Anyway, could you post here a link to your's version of this mod, Calinou?
I think people can use it as well. :)

Also, I can't promise as of yet, but I'd like to make text bubbles and MC-like name tags (as well as show some more info - like in MMORPGs).

davedevils
GitHub: davedevils
IRC: davedevils
In-game: davedevils

by davedevils » Post

when i see the number of error in your screen ... i'm scared to try your mod x')

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

It's your problem if you can't tell apart related errors from non-related, Dave. ;p

sparky

by sparky » Post

4aiman wrote: Also, I can't promise as of yet, but I'd like to make text bubbles and MC-like name tags (as well as show some more info - like in MMORPGs).
offtopic but are there any updates on that?