[Mod] Beds (Minecraft) [1.1] [beds]

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

[Mod] Beds (Minecraft) [1.1] [beds]

by BlockMen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:15

INFO: This mod is outdated. Please use my new version with many improments.
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9881



-------------
Original post:


Hi everyone,

this mod is based on PilzAdam's beds mod, but differs in following ways:

Differences (to PilzAdam's beds):
- new look
- you can use every minecraft texture of bed
- fake "animation" of lying in bed: video

Screenshot:
Image
you can use every mc-texture of bed


Video-Review by darket
http://youtu.be/Ks9w8PZq6Y0

Recipes:
You can craft a bed following way:
Code: Select all
wool    wool    wool
wood    wood    wood


Since 1.1 it works with ever wool color and every kind of wood

Depends:
default
wool

Version 1.1 only works with last git or lastest builds that already include set_physics_override()
- PilzAdam's build (4a9b8aa-sandy)
- sfan5's build (c03c296)/lastest

Download:
Version 1.1: current Version
Notice: only last git or lastest builds

Version 1.0: first Release
Notice: only with Minetest 0.4.6

License:
WTFPL


Please give Feedback and ideas for improvement
Last edited by BlockMen on Sat Aug 09, 2014 06:23, edited 3 times in total.
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:24

BlockMen wrote:Differences (to PilzAdam's beds):
- new look
- you can use every minecraft texture of bed
- "animation" of lying in bed: video
- using rightclick for sleeping

The 3rd one is fake (you just change the pitch of the camera, if people move the camera they will notice that they still stand inside the bed).
The 4th isnt a difference, my mod uses rightclick too.

So you basically only changed the look of the mod.

Code: Select all
"Rip-offs" or identical mods

If you want to make a mod that has already been made (or make a copy of it), then make sure that it:

    has a new style/method of using.
    is quicker running, or has better code architecture.
    is not worth using or extending the old one because it is too slow, jumbled, bad code.

and not:

    just changes textures (create a texture pack instead)
    just copies the code and rebrands it.

(from http://dev.minetest.net/How_to_communicate)
Last edited by PilzAdam on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:04

PilzAdam wrote:
BlockMen wrote:Differences (to PilzAdam's beds):
- new look
- you can use every minecraft texture of bed
- "animation" of lying in bed: video
- using rightclick for sleeping

The 3rd one is fake (you just change the pitch of the camera, if people move the camera they will notice that they still stand inside the bed).
The 4th isnt a difference, my mod uses rightclick too.

So you basically only changed the look of the mod.

Code: Select all
"Rip-offs" or identical mods

If you want to make a mod that has already been made (or make a copy of it), then make sure that it:

    has a new style/method of using.
    is quicker running, or has better code architecture.
    is not worth using or extending the old one because it is too slow, jumbled, bad code.

and not:

    just changes textures (create a texture pack instead)
    just copies the code and rebrands it.

(from http://dev.minetest.net/How_to_communicate)


The quotes ("") already show, that it is no proper animation. And ofc the pitch and yaw change has a similar effect.

4th, sorry. Seems i had not seen the last version of your mod. Is corrected now.
 

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
Location: A forest in the midwest
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:49

I'm sorry, but this isn't just a texture change. It is a 3D modeling change that makes it easier for TP porters.
Back from the dead!
 

User avatar
thefamilygrog66
Member
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 19:08
Location: Ontario, Canada

by thefamilygrog66 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 19:14

Here are a few other differences that I found:

  • these beds are destructive (i.e. the top part of the bed will destroy any block that's in the way when the bed is placed)
  • they won't let you sleep in them when it isn't night
  • they only have one colour/texture (as opposed to 9), unless you manually change them within the texture folder
  • there's no pillow
  • the legs aren't as well defined (they don't have inner sides) due to the simplified model

I guess if the point is to be able to copy minecraft beds, that's fine, though you should definitely change the name of the mod folder to something different, like "mcbeds", to avoid conflict with the existing beds mod. That's my 2 cents, admittedly biased since I spent time working on the beds mod.
 

User avatar
darket
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:35
Location: Russian
 

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Mon Apr 22, 2013 17:05



Thanks for this review too. Also added to first post ;)
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:18

Last edited by jojoa1997 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

4aiman
Member
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 05:47

by 4aiman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 19:54

thefamilygrog66 wrote:these beds are destructive (i.e. the top part of the bed will destroy any block that's in the way when the bed is placed)

This should be fixed. In MC if there's no space for a bed you simply cannot place it...
 

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:27

Update: Version 1.1

Changelog:
- fixed placing issue
- player can't move out of bed when sleeping (PilzAdam)
- player can't look around anymore when sleeping
- player is moved out of bed automaticly on wake up //like in minecraft (improved impression of lying in bed)
- beds can't placed hoovering anymore (e.g. half over cliff)
- beds can be crafted with every color of wool and every wood
- improved inventory image
- various bugfixes and code improvement
 

clarksallador
Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 03:18
Location: Philippines

by clarksallador » Thu Apr 25, 2013 04:01

i've got this problem:
11:58:17: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...etest-0.4.6\bin\..\games\MiniTest\mods\beds\init.lua:103: attempt to call method 'set_physics_override' (a nil value)
 

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Thu Apr 25, 2013 05:22

clarksallador wrote:i've got this problem:
11:58:17: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...etest-0.4.6\bin\..\games\MiniTest\mods\beds\init.lua:103: attempt to call method 'set_physics_override' (a nil value)

You need a newer version of Minetest. Get PilzAdam's latest build for Windows.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal
 

clarksallador
Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 03:18
Location: Philippines

by clarksallador » Thu Apr 25, 2013 07:05

kaeza wrote:
clarksallador wrote:i've got this problem:
11:58:17: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...etest-0.4.6\bin\..\games\MiniTest\mods\beds\init.lua:103: attempt to call method 'set_physics_override' (a nil value)

You need a newer version of Minetest. Get PilzAdam's latest build for Windows.

Everytime i download it this always show : Failed - Network error
 

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 21:03

clarksallador wrote:
kaeza wrote:
clarksallador wrote:i've got this problem:
11:58:17: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...etest-0.4.6\bin\..\games\MiniTest\mods\beds\init.lua:103: attempt to call method 'set_physics_override' (a nil value)

You need a newer version of Minetest. Get PilzAdam's latest build for Windows.

Everytime i download it this always show : Failed - Network error


like Kaeza already said: You need a version of Minetest, that support this function:

Try sfan5's lastest build: http://sfan.sf.funpic.de/minetest-builds/c55/minetest-0.4.6-bc3072b-win32.7z (bc3072b)

or PilzAdam's lastest build: http://ompldr.org/vaTdsMw/minetest-0.4.6-e703c5b-stuff-win32.zip (e703c5b-stuff)


Or you can use the older Version (https://www.dropbox.com/s/97hizprainfdo05/beds-1_0-BlockMen.zip), which works with Minetest 0.4.6.
 

Temperest
Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 23:13
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Sat Apr 27, 2013 19:49

This is a pretty nice mod. Here's what I always add to the end of README.txt every time I download it:

Beds are crafted using the following recipe:

Wool Wool Wool
Wood Wood Wood


Although many people already know the recipe, it is helpful to have it available.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.
 

vktRus
Member
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 07:23

by vktRus » Thu May 09, 2013 13:47

Server crush.
Version deily build.

Code: Select all
17:42:17: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: /home/minetest/.minetest/mods/minetest/
beds/init.lua:31: bad argument #1 to 'find_node_near' (table expected, got nil)
17:42:17: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

In thread b6d54700:
/build/buildd/minetestc55-201305062007/src/main.cpp:2024: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD b6d54700:
#0  int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1  Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2  virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
(Leftover data: #3  virtual void ServerMap::saveBlock(MapBlock*))
(Leftover data: #4  void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)
 

vktRus
Member
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 07:23

by vktRus » Thu May 09, 2013 22:57

on the server if there are other players, that day does not come. But to go I can't.

rus: если на сервере есть другие игроки, то лёг в кроватку, а встать уже и идти не можешь, пока день не наступит или нужно перезаходить.
 

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Fri May 10, 2013 11:45

vktRus wrote:Server crush.
Version deily build.

Code: Select all
17:42:17: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: /home/minetest/.minetest/mods/minetest/
beds/init.lua:31: bad argument #1 to 'find_node_near' (table expected, got nil)
17:42:17: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

[...]



Thanks for the error report. It seems that this mod has problems with multiplayers right now. I gonna fix that ASAP.

vktRus wrote:on the server if there are other players, that day does not come. But to go I can't.


The day time only changes if all players are lying in bed.
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
 


Return to Old Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest