[Mod] Mud Slide [2.6] [mudslide]

ch98

[Mod] Mud Slide [2.6] [mudslide]

by ch98 » Post

This mod will add natural disaster mud slide to the game. Mudslide will be very rare but should happen. Enjoy your home being half underground!

Caution... This mod will destroy any dirt in pass and create more so never make mudslide happen intentionally. It is made rare to balance out with it's destruction. (it only starts in chance of 1 in 960000 every 2 hour only on flat place or top of the hill with grass)

Download:Version 1
Version 1.1
Version 1.2
Version 2.0
Version 2.5
Version 2.6
For people who has too much time to spend, donate some of that to me by downloading it from this adfly linkand looking at some ads. This is just a test on how it goes.(do not click anything inside the ad from adfly.)
Code:WTFPL
Texture:WTFPL

Chat Commands:
/get_mudtime

returns how long in average for any possible dirt to start mudslide. (bigger the # more rare it is)

/set_mudtime <time>

sets how long in average for any possible dirt to start mudslide. (bigger the # more rare it is, default is 100000 years)

/mudslide_panic
turns on and off mudslide panic mode which stops all mudslide.

Pictures:

(drying)
(drying)
(destroying)
(destroying)
(destroying)
(destroying)
(mostly dry)
(damage range)
(after crazy amount of controlling...)

To do: Make a damage on off feature using /mudslide_damage.

Please tell me any suggestions, and bugs.
Please vote if you downloaded to keep track.
Please post pictures.
Last edited by ch98 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

Nice, by the way, I was thinking about making this as my first mod, but was too lazy to continue it ;)
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

Mihobre

by Mihobre » Post

gonna download when screenies are available
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna have feathery wings of silver, blue, and white!!!
I wanna soar high and touch the sky!!!
I wanna fly!!!

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Ouch, your mod completely ruined the area around my house.... I wasn't able to stop this, so I un-installed your mod and worldedit-ed your nodes to dirt:

I think, the ABMs should'nt cause that much damage.... But this mod can become great, so keep working on it!

ch98

by ch98 » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:Ouch, your mod completely ruined the area around my house.... I wasn't able to stop this, so I un-installed your mod and worldedit-ed your nodes to dirt:

I think, the ABMs should'nt cause that much damage.... But this mod can become great, so keep working on it!
it would stop and turn in to drying mud but some error seemed to happen. after mud dried and there is no flowing mud around, it would harden slowly in to dirt.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

should I make mudslide more rare with faster drying?

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Version 1.1 are here.
Change... Mudslide stopped by trees, mudslide would not crime hills, mudslide will happen less likely (every hour in a chance of 1/96000 only on flat place or top of hill without a tree in range)

ch98

by ch98 » Post

If it gets out of hand happening to super high hill, use tree to control it. (tree stops dirt from turning in to mud)

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

Good job 98!
P.S. I wish redcrab would add but he wont add a thing that causes lag!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

ch98

by ch98 » Post

oxenfreedan wrote:Good job 98!
sorry but this detects stuff every few seconds and thousands of things are doing it during mudslide so it should be very laggy. (not as laggy as forcefield.)

ch98

by ch98 » Post

New version 1.2
should dry faster around wood and drying mud.

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Um, pls no! Imagine what could happen on the server with this mod... Byebye New Riverwood, Desert City, Spawn City....

ch98

by ch98 » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:
Um, pls no! Imagine what could happen on the server with this mod... Byebye New Riverwood, Desert City, Spawn City....
It is super rare now so it may be good with pvp servers for more fun (never in redcrabs server unless port 30402. it may be fun to wach what will happen to server if big disaster hits).
Last edited by ch98 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 06:01, edited 1 time in total.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

prevent mudslide by planting trees!!!

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

ch98 wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:
It is super rare now so it may be good with pvp servers for more fun (never in redcrabs server unless port 30402. it may be fun to wach what will happen to server if big disaster hits).
That's right, but never in redcrab's 30401 :D

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Very intresting idea! You're right, on non-building servers, it adds a lot. This is more of what I think ought to fit into survival (much more than stupid skeletons). Maybe it could interfere with farmland - that usually makes the land less stable and more endangered to this type of desaster in hilly regions. Thus, there'd be a danger to the food productiion aspect.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Sokomine wrote:Very intresting idea! You're right, on non-building servers, it adds a lot. This is more of what I think ought to fit into survival (much more than stupid skeletons). Maybe it could interfere with farmland - that usually makes the land less stable and more endangered to this type of desaster in hilly regions. Thus, there'd be a danger to the food productiion aspect.
Because people already love farming :P

ch98

by ch98 » Post

If anyone includes it on server, please tell me. I never saw it naturally occur on newest version. (I only made it work by tweaking the time and how rare it is or placing it from creative inventory.) Make tree wall to stop mudslide from reaching farm land. Place tree trunks every 3 blocks or so to stop mudslide from happing in farm.
Last edited by ch98 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

New version 2.0!!!
New chat commands for setting how likely mudslide will start.

Chat Commands:
/get_mudtime

returns how long in average for any possible dirt to start mudslide. (bigger the # more rare it is)

/set_mudtime <time>

sets how long in average for any possible dirt to start mudslide. (bigger the # more rare it is, default is 100000 years)

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:Ouch, your mod completely ruined the area around my house.... I wasn't able to stop this, so I un-installed your mod and worldedit-ed your nodes to dirt:

You can't worldedit the nodes to dirt after you uninstalled this mod.
I tried it out.
Um, I did it, so it IS possible. I'm not sure what you did....
Edit: Pls read the text in the chat box of my screenshot....
Last edited by webdesigner97 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:

You can't worldedit the nodes to dirt after you uninstalled this mod.
I tried it out.
Um, I did it, so it IS possible. I'm not sure what you did....
Edit: Pls read the text in the chat box of my screenshot....
It will dry up eventually if you are using version over 1.2.

Bas080
GitHub: bas080
IRC: bas080
In-game: bas080

by Bas080 » Post

I like this mod as it changes the landscape without having to interact. This gives the world a more life like feel. I have seen the effects and i do have some feedback.

I dumped the mud_source on a small island. The results of which can be seen in the screenshot.

I noticed that the mud slide causes the creation of many mud nodes. It is more a mud creator then a mud slide. I expected more dirt_with grass nodes to be displaced to a lower y coordinate. But hey, nvm recreating reality.

I like the spread of the landslide. Elevation really keeps the slide going! Also trees cause mud to spawn which sometimes causes the slide to stop. Trees == The stopping of slides

I am working on making the mud slide remove mud and add it at the bottom. Testing takes long and giving up now after trying stuff for half an hour.

Jonathan

by Jonathan » Post

I like this mod. Also, I had some fun replacing the mud in the code with lava :D.
By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
- Charles Spurgeon

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Jonathan wrote:I like this mod. Also, I had some fun replacing the mud in the code with lava :D.
Put damage on to mud's code to make it act like lava. I can make a version with killer mud if you want to.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Bas080 wrote:I like this mod as it changes the landscape without having to interact. This gives the world a more life like feel. I have seen the effects and i do have some feedback.

I dumped the mud_source on a small island. The results of which can be seen in the screenshot.

I noticed that the mud slide causes the creation of many mud nodes. It is more a mud creator then a mud slide. I expected more dirt_with grass nodes to be displaced to a lower y coordinate. But hey, nvm recreating reality.

I like the spread of the landslide. Elevation really keeps the slide going! Also trees cause mud to spawn which sometimes causes the slide to stop. Trees == The stopping of slides

I am working on making the mud slide remove mud and add it at the bottom. Testing takes long and giving up now after trying stuff for half an hour.
Mud drys to normal dirt if you let it sit for a while. Also, mud starts drying faster around trees. (1 mud at top will cause super mudslide.)
Last edited by ch98 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 21:09, edited 1 time in total.