[Mod] Mud Slide [2.6] [mudslide]

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Someone, please report an naturally occurring mudslide. I want to know if my mudslide starting code is working with the mudslide. Also, is it safe to put crazy numbers in chance of ABM?
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

Could you add a command to remove all mud on the server? It has ruined my city while I was away so i removed mod, but now I have to remove every single unknown block and it's causing problems.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Sorry for that but this was made to cause disaster. (please set mudtime to extremely big number to make it harder to cause mudslide.) There should have been a mod to remove all unknown blocks.
Also, you can use world edit to replace all mud and mud will dry if it were kept alone.

Caution to everyone.....
Please know that this mod is made to cause big disasters and it could happen naturally very frequently if you do not set the mudtime using /set_mudtime <time>. Good <time> to set is around 1000000000000000000000 to prevent any mudslide from happing soon. Also Mud Drys To Dirt Naturally if it were left alone for long enough. If using this mod with low mudtime, create 3 block tree trunk wall around any city on dirt and place trees frequentry to stop mudslide. Never Use This Mod On Impotent Map Unless You Know What You Are Doing!!!!
Last edited by ch98 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

New Version 2.5
Sand slide added. With all, world should layer up slowly over time.

Jonathan

by Jonathan » Post

ch98 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I like this mod. Also, I had some fun replacing the mud in the code with lava :D.
Put damage on to mud's code to make it act like lava. I can make a version with killer mud if you want to.
You know, that is a neat idea. Maybe have an option that allows a person to easily turn damage on/off for mud and sand slides.
By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
- Charles Spurgeon

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Jonathan wrote:
ch98 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I like this mod. Also, I had some fun replacing the mud in the code with lava :D.
Put damage on to mud's code to make it act like lava. I can make a version with killer mud if you want to.
You know, that is a neat idea. Maybe have an option that allows a person to easily turn damage on/off for mud and sand slides.
I will add that to todo list. meanwhile, new version will have a panic mode for when mudslide gets out of hand to turn all mudslide/sandslide in to dirt and sand.

Jonathan

by Jonathan » Post

ch98 wrote: I will add that to todo list. meanwhile, new version will have a panic mode for when mudslide gets out of hand to turn all mudslide/sandslide in to dirt and sand.
Neat feature, keep up the good work :)
By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
- Charles Spurgeon

ch98

by ch98 » Post

New version!! 2.6
/mudslide_panic command added

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

ch98 wrote:Sorry for that but this was made to cause disaster. (please set mudtime to extremely big number to make it harder to cause mudslide.) There should have been a mod to remove all unknown blocks.
Also, you can use world edit to replace all mud and mud will dry if it were kept alone.

Caution to everyone.....
Please know that this mod is made to cause big disasters and it could happen naturally very frequently if you do not set the mudtime using /set_mudtime <time>. Good <time> to set is around 1000000000000000000000 to prevent any mudslide from happing soon. Also Mud Drys To Dirt Naturally if it were left alone for long enough. If using this mod with low mudtime, create 3 block tree trunk wall around any city on dirt and place trees frequentry to stop mudslide. Never Use This Mod On Impotent Map Unless You Know What You Are Doing!!!!
Oh don't get me wrong! I loved the mod, and perhaps will add it back into the game! Thanks again!

ch98

by ch98 » Post

keyxmakerx wrote:
ch98 wrote:Sorry for that but this was made to cause disaster. (please set mudtime to extremely big number to make it harder to cause mudslide.) There should have been a mod to remove all unknown blocks.

Caution to everyone.....
Oh don't get me wrong! I loved the mod, and perhaps will add it back into the game! Thanks again!
I just included that because everyone seemed to mistake that mud will stay mud forever.

Wayward_One
GitHub: Wayward1
IRC: Wayward_One Wayward1
In-game: Wayward_One

Re: [Mod] Mud Slide [2.6] [mudslide]

by Wayward_One » Post

Is there another copy of this mod somewhere?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Wayward_One wrote:Is there another copy of this mod somewhere?

Edit:
New Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro1i1lyhrls4u ... 6.zip?dl=0
Last edited by Topywo on Mon Aug 20, 2018 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

balthazariv

by balthazariv » Post

Very good idea, i like that

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Post

More than year ago i played on server, where all sky was cowering by player placed cobble.
Gigantic burning tree walls, lag and server crashes was preventing me from go far from spawn and there was also this mud slide happening regularly.
Between moments, when this mod slide was happening, i was able to dig down and find remains of tree and buildings.
I have built my sky house there, but sadly, server was closed before i got to diamonds or builder my underground base. Anyway, that was really great adventure!

xxxRIP666
In-game: xxxRIP666

by xxxRIP666 » Post

does anyone have this mod?
don't have it anymore and the links are all dead
Robert.W.Cone

0kk0
IRC: Ozzie
In-game: Kroyea

by 0kk0 » Post

xxxRIP666 wrote:does anyone have this mod?
don't have it anymore and the links are all dead
I'd like to emphasize xxxRIP666's point - is this Mud Slide mod still available, somewhere? I'd really appreciate having a copy of it, especially as all of the links are dead!

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

0kk0
IRC: Ozzie
In-game: Kroyea

by 0kk0 » Post

Thanks Topywo! I really appreciate your short response.

Merak

by Merak » Post

DropBox: "There was an error downloading your file."