[Mod] Mud Slide [2.6] [mudslide]

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 21:25

Someone, please report an naturally occurring mudslide. I want to know if my mudslide starting code is working with the mudslide. Also, is it safe to put crazy numbers in chance of ABM?
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

keyxmakerx
Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 23:53

by keyxmakerx » Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:03

Could you add a command to remove all mud on the server? It has ruined my city while I was away so i removed mod, but now I have to remove every single unknown block and it's causing problems.
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:40

Sorry for that but this was made to cause disaster. (please set mudtime to extremely big number to make it harder to cause mudslide.) There should have been a mod to remove all unknown blocks.
Also, you can use world edit to replace all mud and mud will dry if it were kept alone.




Caution to everyone.....
Please know that this mod is made to cause big disasters and it could happen naturally very frequently if you do not set the mudtime using /set_mudtime <time>. Good <time> to set is around 1000000000000000000000 to prevent any mudslide from happing soon. Also Mud Drys To Dirt Naturally if it were left alone for long enough. If using this mod with low mudtime, create 3 block tree trunk wall around any city on dirt and place trees frequentry to stop mudslide. Never Use This Mod On Impotent Map Unless You Know What You Are Doing!!!!
Last edited by ch98 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 05:04

New Version 2.5
Sand slide added. With all, world should layer up slowly over time.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

User avatar
Jonathan
Member
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 14:07
Location: USA

by Jonathan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:39

ch98 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I like this mod. Also, I had some fun replacing the mud in the code with lava :D.

Put damage on to mud's code to make it act like lava. I can make a version with killer mud if you want to.


You know, that is a neat idea. Maybe have an option that allows a person to easily turn damage on/off for mud and sand slides.
By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
- Charles Spurgeon
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:23

Jonathan wrote:
ch98 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I like this mod. Also, I had some fun replacing the mud in the code with lava :D.

Put damage on to mud's code to make it act like lava. I can make a version with killer mud if you want to.


You know, that is a neat idea. Maybe have an option that allows a person to easily turn damage on/off for mud and sand slides.

I will add that to todo list. meanwhile, new version will have a panic mode for when mudslide gets out of hand to turn all mudslide/sandslide in to dirt and sand.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

User avatar
Jonathan
Member
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 14:07
Location: USA

by Jonathan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:34

ch98 wrote:I will add that to todo list. meanwhile, new version will have a panic mode for when mudslide gets out of hand to turn all mudslide/sandslide in to dirt and sand.


Neat feature, keep up the good work :)
By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
- Charles Spurgeon
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:48

New version!! 2.6
/mudslide_panic command added
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

keyxmakerx
Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 23:53

by keyxmakerx » Fri Apr 26, 2013 16:51

ch98 wrote:Sorry for that but this was made to cause disaster. (please set mudtime to extremely big number to make it harder to cause mudslide.) There should have been a mod to remove all unknown blocks.
Also, you can use world edit to replace all mud and mud will dry if it were kept alone.




Caution to everyone.....
Please know that this mod is made to cause big disasters and it could happen naturally very frequently if you do not set the mudtime using /set_mudtime <time>. Good <time> to set is around 1000000000000000000000 to prevent any mudslide from happing soon. Also Mud Drys To Dirt Naturally if it were left alone for long enough. If using this mod with low mudtime, create 3 block tree trunk wall around any city on dirt and place trees frequentry to stop mudslide. Never Use This Mod On Impotent Map Unless You Know What You Are Doing!!!!


Oh don't get me wrong! I loved the mod, and perhaps will add it back into the game! Thanks again!
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 17:10

keyxmakerx wrote:
ch98 wrote:Sorry for that but this was made to cause disaster. (please set mudtime to extremely big number to make it harder to cause mudslide.) There should have been a mod to remove all unknown blocks.
Also, you can use world edit to replace all mud and mud will dry if it were kept alone.




Caution to everyone.....
Please know that this mod is made to cause big disasters and it could happen naturally very frequently if you do not set the mudtime using /set_mudtime <time>. Good <time> to set is around 1000000000000000000000 to prevent any mudslide from happing soon. Also Mud Drys To Dirt Naturally if it were left alone for long enough. If using this mod with low mudtime, create 3 block tree trunk wall around any city on dirt and place trees frequentry to stop mudslide. Never Use This Mod On Impotent Map Unless You Know What You Are Doing!!!!


Oh don't get me wrong! I loved the mod, and perhaps will add it back into the game! Thanks again!

I just included that because everyone seemed to mistake that mud will stay mud forever.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

User avatar
Wayward_One
Member
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 18:44
Location: Kolene, Corellia
GitHub: Wayward1
IRC: Wayward_One Wayward1
In-game: Wayward_One
 

User avatar
Topywo
Member
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 20:27

Re: [Mod] Mud Slide [2.6] [mudslide]

by Topywo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 07:59

Wayward_One wrote:Is there another copy of this mod somewhere?



Edit:
New Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro1i1lyhrls4uwt/Mudslide%20V2.6.zip?dl=0
Last edited by Topywo on Mon Aug 20, 2018 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
balthazariv
Member
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 15:48
 

User avatar
lag01
Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 03:41
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

Re: [Mod] Mud Slide [2.6] [mudslide]

by lag01 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 21:54

More than year ago i played on server, where all sky was cowering by player placed cobble.
Gigantic burning tree walls, lag and server crashes was preventing me from go far from spawn and there was also this mud slide happening regularly.
Between moments, when this mod slide was happening, i was able to dig down and find remains of tree and buildings.
I have built my sky house there, but sadly, server was closed before i got to diamonds or builder my underground base. Anyway, that was really great adventure!
 

xxxRIP666
New member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 20:34
In-game: xxxRIP666

Re: [Mod] Mud Slide [2.6] [mudslide]

by xxxRIP666 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 02:06

does anyone have this mod?
don't have it anymore and the links are all dead
 

0kk0
New member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:06
IRC: Ozzie
In-game: Kroyea

Re: [Mod] Mud Slide [2.6] [mudslide]

by 0kk0 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 23:03

xxxRIP666 wrote:does anyone have this mod?
don't have it anymore and the links are all dead

I'd like to emphasize xxxRIP666's point - is this Mud Slide mod still available, somewhere? I'd really appreciate having a copy of it, especially as all of the links are dead!
 

User avatar
Topywo
Member
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 20:27
 

0kk0
New member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:06
IRC: Ozzie
In-game: Kroyea
 

Previous

Return to Old Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest