[Mod] Moon Realm

Dopium

[Mod] Moon Realm

by Dopium » Post

This mod adds a moon realm to the game, credit goes to PilzAdam as i edited the nether mod.

Depends: default
License: WTFPL
Download: http://speedy.sh/hdC7P/moon.zip

So its like this, you have to find meteorite chunks within the the minetest world usually below -250 to build a portal. Once the portal is made just like the nether mod you use a mese crystal fragment to activate it. Once on the moon you can find helium 3 rarely scattered throughout the moon, H3 is a light source at the moment however im thinking of making it a long lasting fuel aswell. In addition there is moon rock and moon dust, but come prepared as your tools will wear very fast when mining on the moon.

Building the portal

On the moon
Last edited by Dopium on Tue Jun 18, 2013 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Running @1.19 MHz, 128 bytes of RAM and interchangeable 4kb ROM carts!

cornellius

by cornellius » Post

can you make the torch can't be used in moon? i know thats hard but maybe possible
All Humans Need Is Forgiveness, God Is The First One Who Forgive All Humans So Humans Must Forgive Other Humans

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

cornellius wrote:can you make the torch can't be used in moon? i know thats hard but maybe possible
It's simple to write an ABM for torches to see if 1) they're close to moon materials and 2) remove them, but it is CPU-intensive.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

cornellius

by cornellius » Post

tinoesroho wrote:
cornellius wrote:can you make the torch can't be used in moon? i know thats hard but maybe possible
It's simple to write an ABM for torches to see if 1) they're close to moon materials and 2) remove them, but it is CPU-intensive.
OK now this mod really Moon Mod
All Humans Need Is Forgiveness, God Is The First One Who Forgive All Humans So Humans Must Forgive Other Humans

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

tinoesroho wrote:
Not really. There can not be that many torches. Just write an abm to check every 5 seconds, and use minetest.find_node_near or similar.

You could instead write an onplace handler, to stop them being placed on the moon.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Josh

by Josh » Post

Looks good, maybe some moon mobs like astronauts or aliens?

cornellius

by cornellius » Post

Josh wrote:Looks good, maybe some moon mobs like astronauts or aliens?
yes thats right, but for that you need the texture for astonauts or the aliens
Last edited by cornellius on Thu Jun 20, 2013 13:40, edited 1 time in total.

Hamguy

by Hamguy » Post

you need to make it where you cant breath without a suit, and it needs terraforming tools inside a dome or building.

prof-turbo

by prof-turbo » Post

Could you make it work with large moon mod?
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6329
You should take a look at http://www.xorhub.com

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

It makes nether mod unusable...?

nfsprodriver

by nfsprodriver » Post

Hello!

Can't activate it, just not working! Please help! I run 64 bit version 0.4.9-dev of Fess (5th Feb). I also have latest nether mod (not master, the other one, don't know the name now). This is working...

Thanks in advice!

Dopium

by Dopium » Post

nfsprodriver wrote:Hello!

Can't activate it, just not working! Please help! I run 64 bit version 0.4.9-dev of Fess (5th Feb). I also have latest nether mod (not master, the other one, don't know the name now). This is working...

Thanks in advice!
Most likely conflicts with the nether mod as i quickly made this mod using code from the nether mod. Paramat took over the project and has written other great moon realm mods in a different way(the way i should have originally with this). However i merely 'cheated' to simply create the mod for the idea i was proposing, like an example.

By far Paramat's realm mods are the better choice as Paramat has a complete understanding of mapgen plus some. So i recommend maybe trying one of his.

If you still want to use this mod for something different or the portal system ect i am fairly certain you will need to start a new world without the nether mod.

I have no real intent to work on this mod in the future, nor release any later versions as i am working on other projects in a different language. Also i made the mod around the time 0.4.6 was out so it's kinda outdated now

Edit: Open the init file with a text editor other then notepad, notepad++ is fine then navigate to line 317. I am fairly sure if you edit this:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craftitem(":default:mese_crystal_fragment", {
    description = "Mese Crystal Fragment",
    inventory_image = "default_mese_crystal_fragment.png",
    on_place = function(stack,_, pt)
        if pt.under and minetest.env:get_node(pt.under).name == "moon:meteorite_chunk" then
            local done = make_portal(pt.under)
            if done and not minetest.setting_getbool("creative_mode") then
                stack:take_item()
            end
        end
        return stack
    end,
})
to something like this:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craftitem(":default:diamond", {
    description = "Diamond",
    inventory_image = "default_diamond.png",
    on_place = function(stack,_, pt)
        if pt.under and minetest.env:get_node(pt.under).name == "moon:meteorite_chunk" then
            local done = make_portal(pt.under)
            if done and not minetest.setting_getbool("creative_mode") then
                stack:take_item()
            end
        end
        return stack
    end,
})
then it should not conflict with nether, however looking back my editing was poor and i would completely rewrite it if i was working on it.
Last edited by Dopium on Wed Feb 12, 2014 03:44, edited 1 time in total.

nfsprodriver

by nfsprodriver » Post

Thank you so much!!! It works!

Dopium

by Dopium » Post

nfsprodriver wrote:Thank you so much!!! It works!
No problem

IthegeekRS

by IthegeekRS » Post

The answer is Atari 2600
i didnt look it up... ask me any computer question

JenCel

by JenCel » Post

Hello,
i have download this mod today and i wondered if someone could tell how to craft the Moon portal?
Last edited by JenCel on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

JenCel wrote:Hello,
i have download this mod today and i wondered if someone could tell how to craft the Moon portal?
Dopium wrote:you have to find meteorite chunks within the the minetest world usually below -250 to build a portal. Once the portal is made just like the nether mod you use a mese crystal fragment to activate it.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

JenCel

by JenCel » Post

ok,
sorry but my english not so good beacouse i come from germany so i understand waht that means: Once the portal is made just like the nether mod

and where must the mese crystal fragment put on the portal to activate it?

sorry...

EDIT:

sorry i know what i have done wrong no it'd working
but thanks for help
Last edited by JenCel on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

RebelD
In-game: Dielan

Re: [Mod] Moon Realm

by RebelD » Post

Euhm got a problem... I had a giant mansion on the moon and an underground base and now its just gone. Half my farm is still standing above ground and few underground things like a bed or so...
Only the moon...

prestidigitator

Re:

by prestidigitator » Post

tinoesroho wrote:
I'd probably just override the torch's on_construct callback. Then your logic just has to run once. If instead you only want certain people or mods to be able to place nodes for some reason, you could use after_place_node instead. For greatest portability, I would test to see if a callback already existed before you override it, and call the old one from yours when and if it is appropriate (i.e. if you determine the node SHOULD be placed normally).

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

Re: Re:

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

prestidigitator wrote:
tinoesroho wrote:
I'd probably just override the torch's on_construct callback. Then your logic just has to run once. If instead you only want certain people or mods to be able to place nodes for some reason, you could use after_place_node instead. For greatest portability, I would test to see if a callback already existed before you override it, and call the old one from yours when and if it is appropriate (i.e. if you determine the node SHOULD be placed normally).
I actually wrote the logic for that in the MoonTest game mode, it was a little tricky, and potentially laggy on servers, but it works wonderfully in singleplayer. In fact, I went a bit further and had that torches only go out in a vacuum, and if you rightclick it with a stick while in air (from an air generator), they will re-light.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

Cryterion
GitHub: Cryterion
IRC: Cryterion
In-game: Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

Hi

Would like to try out your mod, however cannot download it, the download site requires a .exe file install. I run Linux, not windows, so cannot get through the site's required install process. Please upload to Github or SourceForge, those sites make things alot easier.

Cryterion

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out...got it downloaded...
No trees or animals were hurt in the production of this message. However, a large number of Electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Dopium

by Dopium » Post

Been a long time since I have been on, for those using the nether mod with this mod you will need to edit some of the script as I wrote in previous posts.

I am still around for a quick look every now and then, hope to be back a bit more when I get some extra free time.

ParaklataChotou
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

Re:

by ParaklataChotou » Post

Josh wrote:Looks good, maybe some moon mobs like astronauts or aliens?
You can use creepers mob and change the spawning (typing the creepers appear in the moon blocks) in lua file.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Can i go to the moon with help of portal?