[Mod] Nature Pack [1.0.4]

minecraft64

by minecraft64 » Post

could you put this in a zip file
Got Tobuscus?

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

You will be better off getting a good archive extractor, like 7zip if you are using Windows, rather than asking every single mod author to use ZIP.

If you don't want to or cannot download anything, http://www.convertfiles.com/ is a service that can convert several types of archives to ZIP for you.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

Phitherek_

by Phitherek_ » Post

Temperest: There is actually a 7-Zip port on Linux, p7zip (or 7z). It is a console tool and is really comfortable (I use it for everything except tarballs).
---
Posted by Phitherek_

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

I'm aware of that, and it's quite good, but every modern distro I have seen has some sort of archived already included :)
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

overwelmer3

by overwelmer3 » Post

the timber mod could go well with this mod for taking down trees
Oh hi es gibt,wenn sie sterben,krank werden es gibt,ihre Eltern werden es gibt,jeder wird es,Lachen

XD

neko259

by neko259 » Post

New version released. I've accepted changes by VanessaE, but fixed and refactored them. That code was really horrible in some places (as well as mine, I have to rewrite it a bit). SEED constant just made my day :D
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj

neko259

by neko259 » Post

And you are still welcome to make pull requests to my repo. Just try to make them small so I can review your code and make notices.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

neko259

by neko259 » Post

About the blossom bug: it was fixed in minetest, just search the commits for drop fixes. There was a bug with getting node drops, so that non-default leaves dropped themselves. You can merge this fix to your server, its just 2 lines long.

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

I installed the nature pack today, and I'm seeing some weird growth

I watched the trees far off sprang up to that height in a matter of seconds

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Hmm. Did it work right before the update? Did you have nature pack installed before or it is the first time?
Last edited by neko259 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 06:18, edited 1 time in total.

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

This was my first time installing nature pack. At this point I had it installed for about an hour I think. I was wondering through my forest and all of a sudden the tree tops shot up.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Veery strange. It's something about the ABM work, but I can't really understand what causes it. It seems like the ABM chances are computed from the world creation, not the server start or a previous run.

BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

neko259 wrote:Veery strange. It's something about the ABM work, but I can't really understand what causes it. It seems like the ABM chances are computed from the world creation, not the server start or a previous run.
Were you able to reproduce the problem, or are you just making a judgement based on my screenshots?

neko259

by neko259 » Post

I was able to reproduce it, but it reproduces from time to time. Whan I'm just playing without installing any mods or restarting the server, everything works fine.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Fixed in 1.0.1, please update. Sorry for inconvenience.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Actually, use 1.0.2 cause 1.0.1 had a crash bug :3

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Is this mod still being worked on? There are a few nice and useful features here. I do find it odd that the tree petals are not flammable and that the iron trees don't seem to spawn. The game sometimes crashes as well.

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

Line 67 init.lua of the Bushes mod should look like this:

Code: Select all

plantslib:spawn_on_surfaces(delay, "flowers:flower_"..flower, radius, chance, "default:dirt_with_grass", {"group:flower", "group:poisonivy"}, flowers_seed_diff)
Last edited by Ragnarok on Tue Jan 22, 2013 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Inocudom wrote:Is this mod still being worked on? There are a few nice and useful features here. I do find it odd that the tree petals are not flammable and that the iron trees don't seem to spawn. The game sometimes crashes as well.
I'm working on the mod, but very rarely. I don't have time to do that myself, and nobody wills to contribute :)

I removed the irontrees because the rare iron bug was fixed a long time ago and there are better sources of iron now. And I'll make blossom flammable in the next release.

Also, if you experience crashes, please provide the log.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Ragnarok wrote:Line 67 init.lua of the Bushes mod should look like this:

Code: Select all

plantslib:spawn_on_surfaces(delay, "flowers:flower_"..flower, radius, chance, "default:dirt_with_grass", {"group:flower", "group:poisonivy"}, flowers_seed_diff)
Thanks for the advice, but I've already changed the bushes mod code and cannot find the place you talk about. Maybe it was already fixed or removed on some stage :)

Also, 1.0.4 is out. Enjoy.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Also, I would like to ask if someone has a better idea for the tree grow algorithm. I will be happy to change it, because existing one is too simple.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Tree growth? That's handled well by RealBadAngels treegen. The nature pack is great! Most of it seems to be included in plantlife now. What are the main differences?

I have some wishes regarding bushes: Mostly, I'd like them to behave like some plants in the hydro-mod - that is, when you dig them, the plant gives its berrie(s) but remains stading (it is turned into a new node without berries). If you dig it again, you do get the bush. Maybe getting the bush could require using an axe to avoid accidental digging.

Strawberries exist in this mod and in the farming_plus-mod. If farming_plus is installed, the strawberrie bushes could yield the same fruits as the plants from farming_plus and give seeds or saplings.

Further bushes for diffrent berries would be great. That would require new textures for them.
A list of my mods can be found here.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Just to keep you up-to-date, Neko... Plantlife's API has changed radically and Ragnarok's suggested function call may no longer be valid (I have not thoroughly tested the legacy interface to the API).

Plants_lib uses a far more flexible table-based method now, which allows a larger number of controls, and more advanced ones at that, to be placed on when, where, and how the plants grow:

https://raw.github.com/VanessaE/plantli ... er/API.txt

I suggest removing your copies of...

plants_lib
vines
flowers
junglegrass
"poinsonivy" (note the misspelled foldername - my fault)

...and update all of them to the latest versions on my (plantlife) and bas080's (vines) git repositories.

I'm not sure what all you will need to adapt in your code, since I haven't read through it in detail.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

neko259

by neko259 » Post

As I understand, plantlife needs git version of minetest or/and minetest_game now. So I can't use it until it gets stable.